Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:48:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin used to do money laundering - will it become a huge problem?  (Read 5800 times)
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 04:43:53 PM

Just set up a Bitcoin gambling site to launder the money.

Nice name btw - are you suggesting 69Mb blocks? Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
wikenpp

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 05:42:04 PM

It is a real problem. Many people do it and that is not so good. Everyone must see bitcoin as fun and extra.
I like to make a little bit money with Bitcoin, and I have a daily job. I see Bitcoin as a bonus.
youdamushi

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 06:27:03 PM

Why "used"?

I mean clearly money laundering is still an important part of btc! It will always be! Why are you implying it's no longer the case?

PARADICE.io

el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 06:29:48 PM

Money is a tool.Bitcoin is money.You can use the money to buy poison or nectar.It doesn't makes bitcoin bad if it is put to bad use just like you dont stop using fiat despite a it is also used to buy weapons etc
Yes, it depends on the minds of people not on the type of currency that cases of money laundering occur. There are some people who are mentally good they use safe and legal ways to earn their lives and the people with dull minds use illegal ways to earn according to them they are short cuts.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 06:41:23 PM

Money laundering with bitcoin will not be a big problem even in future for growth of bitcoin industry. I think every one should play our rule to make sure it that bitcoin never be used for money laundering. I believe government will take necessary steps as money laundering is older than bitcoin. Bitcoin is not responsible for this in any way.
xslugx

Activity: 293

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 06:49:48 PM

Money laundering with bitcoin will not be a big problem even in future for growth of bitcoin industry. I think every one should play our rule to make sure it that bitcoin never be used for money laundering. I believe government will take necessary steps as money laundering is older than bitcoin. Bitcoin is not responsible for this in any way.

Yeah but to end btc laundering you would have to control it in a way or another! So if they do btc will have much less advantage suddenly :-/

brain_dead

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 06:53:26 PM

Whats your thought on this?

For a lot of criminals Bitcoins are the perfect tool to launder money or not? Almost no trace but still they have to explain how they got the money once they convert it back into dollars....
Will this become (or already is) a problem? I'm thinking that the anonymity will be a problem for a lot of governments once BTC becomes a well know payment method.
no,  it will not have any 6 bad impacts on bitcoin, as it is been linked with muc6h bad things like silk road, ransom and much more. Due to which I think that bitcoin have gained much attraction.
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 07:04:03 PM

Nice name btw - are you suggesting 69Mb blocks? Smiley

Smiley
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 07:07:24 PM

No it won't be a problem for the bitcoin, every currency is used for money laundering.
So it would not be a problem for the bitcoin the future, its only a little percentage that do it.
bargainbin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 07:11:38 PM

... I think every one should play our rule to make sure it that bitcoin never be used for money laundering. ...

>against money laundering
>promotes a mixer
Roll Eyes
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 08:09:07 PM

The problem is mostly the negative publicity associated with it IMO.. It's just an excuse for the media to talk bad about it because they are scared of it..

The people who swallow this "negative publicity" BS are mostly ignorant regular joes who largely hold no value.

Let the media talk, people with large pockets looking for a secure way to hide their wealth might notice and figure out there might be something for them in Bitcoin  Wink

Spot on! This is what i'm hoping for
This is exactly what i have in mind Cheesy
I think that news is spread because of its anonymous transactions, and people want non-anonymous transactions. People want to know that for buying a certain product from where the money has came and who is going to buy a certain product.
lister storm

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 08:40:47 PM

i dont think so, fiat is used for bad things either but all people use it and it is not a problem
owm123

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 09:45:49 PM

i dont think so, fiat is used for bad things either but all people use it and it is not a problem

Fiat is not a problem, because government and banks control fiat. They can print it at will, they can borrow what they dont have it, the can control its inflation, etc. So fiat is good for them.

Banks and governments cant control Bitcoin. So they fight with it, and the simplest way is to scare ppl that cryptocurrencies are only used for illegal things, etc.

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
youdamushi

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:14:01 PM

Fiat is not a problem, because government and banks control fiat. They can print it at will, they can borrow what they dont have it, the can control its inflation, etc. So fiat is good for them.

Banks and governments cant control Bitcoin. So they fight with it, and the simplest way is to scare ppl that cryptocurrencies are only used for illegal things, etc.

Yeha so they will either try to control btc either ban it.

What if governments suddenly launches thousands of miners? ^^

PARADICE.io

bargainbin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:24:05 PM

^^Or the Chinese government, you know, just banning BTC & nationalizing the mines... That's what, like, 75% of hashpower, right?
lostintranslation

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:00:23 PM

I believe the only problem that this will create and has to some degree is the fact that the government will jump in and start trying to control Bitcoin. 

There are already tons of regulations on exchange sites that make buying Bitcoin with FIAT or vice versa hard to do. 

So, Bitcoin is currently used to launder money and always will, but the affect will not be on Bitcoin itself, but on the structure of exchanges and the future of how it is used...
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:20:47 PM

People can use so many ways for money laundering like Western Union, online payment processors, even legal banks.
If someone decide to start legal action against bitcoin, it will be because bitcoin is not regulated, no government control, no taxis etc not because of money laundering.
It's just my opinion any way but it's obvious that already a lot people, banks, politicians etc. don't like bitcoin because they can't control BTC, not because of money laundering.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
PakistanHockeyfan

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:58:41 PM

Bitcoin "used"? It never did. The users of Bitcoin are the ones that did that. As far as I'm concerned Bitcoin is only money. Money during anytime can be utilized for money laundering.
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:29:53 PM

It is always a problem. I think that you cant solve. And they are very smart to use Bitcoin so yeah you can solve the problem.
It will be a bigger problem that if Bitcoin is going to rise soon. Than the value will be much more.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:41:14 PM

As long as bitcoin has an equivalent monetary value in other currencies, it will be used as a medium for money laundering. And on that note, fiat is heavily used in many illegal transactions. I hope that many people here knows that fact.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: