Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:28:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Butterfly filled all pre-orders from their current stock purchase?  (Read 2068 times)
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2012, 04:56:12 AM

Since Butterfly labs posted that they bought a static amount of chips and can only make x number of rigs does this mean if you miss the first batch that gets sent out you have to wait until the second batch is made? What I mean, since I cannot get in touch with BFL at all have they already used up all their purchased chips/hardware from their pre-orders or there are spots left? I've asked BFL several times and called them several times but nothing. Kind of makes me weary a little that a company that is literally "holding" everyone's money I can't even get a hold of on the phone.

Thanks

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 05:16:25 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2012, 08:42:06 PM by Stephen Gornick

Since Butterfly labs posted that they bought a static amount of chips and can only make x number of rigs does this mean if you miss the first batch that gets sent out you have to wait until the second batch is made?

From another thread:

The initial orders will be grouped into a batch prior to shipment.  This will ensure no one is an unfair beneficiary of disproportionate hashing power.  Having said this, we only have so much production capacity and the initial order group will still do very very well.  That being the case, here are the rules we will stick to in releasing these units.

1/3rd of the units will go in order priority of purchase date.
1/3rd of the units will go to trade in customers.
1/3rd of the units will go to random orders placed in the first month (6/23 - 7/23).

And then, from the post on BFL's forum:

After the initial orders are shipped then units are produced and shipped daily.  Those shipments go out to the oldest unfilled orders (based on the payment date).

There is a first shipment which is the 1/3 plan, which you could call the 1st batch. After that, it's a FIFO method. How many are in the first shipment (aka the 1st batch) we don't know yet.
- https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/48-batches-really-we-dont-have-them.html

ll have they already used up all their purchased chips/hardware from their pre-orders or there are spots left?

In the reference above limited the date range for the random orders was limited through July 23rd.  It appears at the time then that the initial batch was expected to be fully allocated and no orders paid for later than July 23rd would be in that batch.  (And thus all are spoken for).  That's just how I'm interpreting that and I could be probably am wrong.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 07:44:10 AM

From 10/30/2012
Guys (and gals), I am really sorry things are delayed. I want these things to ship more than anyone else (seriously, I promise you, I want these to ship) and the delays are just as hurtful and awful to us as they are to you. We would love nothing more than to ship them all out yesterday.

The first batch should be about 20,000 chips or so. More than enough for all pre-orders and then some.

20k chips covered all pre-orders as of 10/30/2012, and had some chips to spare for future pre-orders.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/48-batches-really-we-dont-have-them.html

So we can't tell you if you are in the first batch, second batch, third batch, etc. We don't have batches. We have order dates. We will fill June 23 orders first, then June 24, then June 25.....until we get to your order.

They don't have batches aside from the first big pre-order batch which will be Huh number of units (unknown). After that it will simply be FIFO

Why come to these forums for BFL questions though? Seems like it'd make more sense to ask them on BFLs own forums.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2012, 08:19:17 AM

Little humor time.

Seems like it'd make more sense to ask them on BFLs own forums.

Because their sockpuppets don't play well with our sockpuppets.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 10:41:23 AM

Little humor time.

Seems like it'd make more sense to ask them on BFLs own forums.

Because their sockpuppets don't play well with our sockpuppets.

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
bitcoindaddy

Activity: 481

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 12:19:19 PM

They are certainly not going to wait until all the orders are filled before ordering more chips. In fact I read on their forums that they already ordered 30,000 more chips.
bitboyben

Activity: 330
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 05:33:33 AM

20,000 enroute, as stated covers all preorders to specified date plus extras.
30,000 follow up in Jan-feb

They are targeting the ability to have next day delivery once pre orders are caught up.

Why did I sell at $5! Come back to me my old bitcoin! 1GjeBGS4KrxKAeEVt8d1fTnuKgpKpMmL6S
If you don't like the price of BTC come back in 8 hours.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 06:23:28 AM

They are targeting the ability to have next day delivery once pre orders are caught up.

Ok, now how many will ship in the first batch (following the "1/3rds approach" that they promised)?  They aren't saying, and certainly it will include just a fraction of the 20,000 chips.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

bitcoindaddy

Activity: 481

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 01:28:53 PM

Ok, now how many will ship in the first batch (following the "1/3rds approach" that they promised)?  They aren't saying, and certainly it will include just a fraction of the 20,000 chips.
But they already said they had enough for all of the preorders (at that time) and then some. Haven't we discussed this to death?
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2012, 08:53:38 PM

What is the current delayed time to start shipping from BFL?

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 09:45:11 PM

What is the current delayed time to start shipping from BFL?

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/251-more-jalapeno-pictures-shipping-update-7.html#post3545

Quote from: BFL_Josh on BFL Forums, on Oct 31st
Some aspects of the chip production ended up taking longer than expected to get rolling, which is why we have ended up paying for a bullet run and we're looking at ~25 days or so.

25 days from October 31st would be about now.  I assume he's referring to when they would receive the packaged chips.  From there they will need to be done up onto boards and stuff, assuming the chips actually work as intended.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
poon-TANG

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 09:52:21 PM

On their blog last week BFL_jody stated once all of the parts are received then production would begin. So i'd say late Dec for ship dates.
bitboyben

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 01:18:36 AM

What batch? no batches!

The pre-orders in the first month only are part of a lottery system.

The ASICs will ship as they are completed.

Why did I sell at $5! Come back to me my old bitcoin! 1GjeBGS4KrxKAeEVt8d1fTnuKgpKpMmL6S
Meatball

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 02:34:37 AM

And yet another forum thread/post where we go round and round with this stuff. Smiley
bitboyben

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 03:22:31 AM

Gotta get those daily posts in!

byte1

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 03:31:30 AM

Would the first few have any huge advantage compared to the rest of us waiting in line?
bcpokey

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 03:42:10 AM

Would the first few have any huge advantage compared to the rest of us waiting in line?

Yes, an enormously huge gigantic advantage.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 06:53:28 AM

Yes, an enormously huge gigantic advantage.

Why,yes I will  Grin  Low difficulty at first,but it will catch up in about 4 days  Sad

I'll be mining away for about 1-2 weeks before the "rest" get assembled & shipped out  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
bitboyben

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 10:00:40 PM

The longer it takes for them to ship the chips he better it is for the early adopters.
Looking like 6-12 weeks unless some one has more recent info.

Gonna be pretty sweet month and a half for some.

opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2013, 05:50:25 AM

The longer it takes for them to ship the chips he better it is for the early adopters.
Looking like 6-12 weeks unless some one has more recent info.

Gonna be pretty sweet month and a half for some.

Read how all excited we were thinking they would come.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: