Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:24:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which will be more adopted in long run: btc mobile payments or debit cards?  (Read 2361 times)
fantoos

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 12:29:26 PM

Btc mobile payments will be adopted more in long run.I dont think debit cards will be even attractive because of time and fees they charge so this is only option which will be used for quick payment mobile payments.

azeminjo09

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 12:29:48 PM

I give vote for mobile payments, instant transactions, less fees and much much easy
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 12:33:51 PM

Mobile payments. And I'll tell you a funny thing: I use to watch Korean dramas. Fact is than in every new drama they tend to promote some new mobile phone or feature. In the last one I have been watching, the main characters pay using their mobile phone when they buy a coffe, get on the bus, or when they go shopping.

I personally do not like that very much. It is hard already to think your smart phone is a target for thiefs and you have to have extra care for it... when you hold in it the way to do payments, that extra care has to be greater.

italianobitcoin

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

Forza Italia

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 12:47:33 PM

I think mobile payments will be more adopted. With debit/credit cards there are banks and corporate companies involved. I don't think a lot people are going to like that. The bank and those companies will always be looking out to make profits of off their clients.
kyrios_

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 01:02:36 PM

Mobile payments probably. So many companies are actively trying to push it, with such reserouces, itll probably hit mainstream first
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:54:21 PM

I think mobile payment and debit card both are complimentary and if people have choice,both method will be adopted with great enthusiasms.There are situations,places and occassions when mobile payment may not work like where network is not available.Similarly,debit cards too can not be used everywhere.So I think both methods will equally become popular

ShrykeZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 04:04:35 PM

I think Bitcoin will likely be used less overall, although will be the preferred method and more prevalent when people are traveling abroad to avoid high oversea charges that are usually accumulated with debit card use. As mentioned, Airports and many travel locations are likely to see a larger Bitcoin use if they implement it.
chennan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 05:31:40 PM

Mobile payments. And I'll tell you a funny thing: I use to watch Korean dramas. Fact is than in every new drama they tend to promote some new mobile phone or feature. In the last one I have been watching, the main characters pay using their mobile phone when they buy a coffe, get on the bus, or when they go shopping.

I personally do not like that very much. It is hard already to think your smart phone is a target for thiefs and you have to have extra care for it... when you hold in it the way to do payments, that extra care has to be greater.

That's a good point, but I mean there are already pretty good security features with Bitcoin mobile wallets that use F2A activation, biometric passwords, etc. I mean in all reality now in days, people especially in the younger generation value and keep track of their phones more than they would their own physical wallets it seems like... Maybe it's a good thing to keep your value on your phone in that case?

The fact that you don't have to keep anything physical with you except your phone is a pretty good argument for only using mobile wallets.

Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:42:37 PM

I think mobile payment and debit card both are complimentary and if people have choice,both method will be adopted with great enthusiasms.There are situations,places and occassions when mobile payment may not work like where network is not available.Similarly,debit cards too can not be used everywhere.So I think both methods will equally become popular

But with mobile payments, you need a bitcoin accepting merchant.
Whereas with bitcoin debit-card, once your card loaded with funds, you can spend you bitcoins to any merchant.
Mobile payments does not require any third party. Our bitcoins will be with us always.

I guess bitcoin debit card will be the first one to boom, then it will be followed by mobile payments once there are many bitcoin accepting merchants around the globe.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:08:57 PM

Whereas with bitcoin debit-card, once your card loaded with funds, you can spend you bitcoins to any merchant.
Mobile payments does not require any third party. Our bitcoins will be with us always.

I guess bitcoin debit card will be the first one to boom, then it will be followed by mobile payments once there are many bitcoin accepting merchants around the globe.

Yes, until more number of merchants for spending bitcoin, people will be forced to use bitcoin debit cards for their daily spending.
Mobile payments has many advantages over debit card, two of them would be cheaper and safe for your bitcoins.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 09:55:26 PM

Yes you have made a good point here but dont we need bitcoin accepting merchants in both cases?.How can we pay a merchant with bitcoin debit card if he doesn't accept Bitcoin payment? If bitcoin from debit card is converted into other currency at merchant's terminal than what is the point in paying with Bitcoin?

chennan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:33:59 PM

Yes you have made a good point here but dont we need bitcoin accepting merchants in both cases?.How can we pay a merchant with bitcoin debit card if he doesn't accept Bitcoin payment? If bitcoin from debit card is converted into other currency at merchant's terminal than what is the point in paying with Bitcoin?

The point is, is that you could be able to load and store value of your bitcoins on a debit card to use anywhere by converting it to fiat upon a purchase. Although, I'm not quite sure if there is a debit card system that actually holds bitcoins until you make a purchase. I think when you load a card, it's automatically converted to fiat.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: