Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:04:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: send message to the btc address  (Read 1344 times)
enhu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 04:59:52 PM

is it possible to create a system which one can create a wallet and people can exchange messages to btc addresses?
Let says I own 1YSdmjsodjcioahciafkjf89u and so i write a message going to 3dfadvjvq0rifsmvksdmvlasmdvkj using the client software. so to the end side, one can read the message once he open his wallet.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3346
Merit: 6473

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2015, 05:15:57 PM

No, not really. There is something similar to what you describe. It is called bit essage.

virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 07:46:44 PM

is it possible to create a system which one can create a wallet and people can exchange messages to btc addresses?
Let says I own 1YSdmjsodjcioahciafkjf89u and so i write a message going to 3dfadvjvq0rifsmvksdmvlasmdvkj using the client software. so to the end side, one can read the message once he open his wallet.

How fast do you want the messages to be delivered?

Yes, it's possible to create such a messaging system on top of the bitcoin network. Keep in mind if you make it on top of the bitcoin blockchain, messages would not be instant. Messages would not be free if you build it on top of the bitcoin blockchain.

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 11:25:03 AM

That's like an email or an IM service. I'm sure it's possible, you personally create an address and sign it to prove your ownership, and then you can send and receive IMs. Like an email without the suffix.
twister

Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 12:04:13 PM

I am sure it is possible but it hasn't been created yet possibly because there is not much use of it, there are so many E-mail/IM services already there and if you're thinking about anonymity and/or making sure that you're talking to the person you really intended to talk to and no one else, then PGP solves that.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
virtualx

Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 12:20:40 PM

No, not really. There is something similar to what you describe. It is called bit essage.

Do you mean bitmessage? bitmessage.org

Bitmessage is a decentralized, encrypted, peer-to-peer, trustless communications protocol that can be used by one person to send encrypted messages to another person, or to multiple subscribers. Bitmessage encrypts each users' message inbox using public-key cryptography and replicates it inside its P2P network, mixing it with inboxes of other users in order to conceal user's identity, prevent eavesdropping and allow the network to operate in a decentralized manner. The Bitmessage communications protocol avoids sender-spoofing through authentication, and hides metadata from wiretapping systems.

This program does not work on top of the bitcoin blockchain.

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 07:25:12 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2015, 09:11:02 PM by tommorisonwebdesign

I have not really seen a reason to have a full on web wallet for a project like this but if someone were to develop one it would be interesting to see. All we have at the moment are signed messages, and as posted above it seems more developers are taking advantage of the blockchain technology. In late 2018 I predict the price of Bitcoin will have really taken off and anyone who is developing software using the cryptocurrencie's APIs now will have a lot of work opportunity in the future.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:48:53 AM

Do you mean like transaction notes?
If you make it on the Blockchain, it must be take a fee right? And you have to wait for some minutes for the message to be deliveren, just like the transaction confirmations.

faucet used to be profitable
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:53:28 AM

Do you want a private message, or a public message? Bitcoin already has the functionality to send a public message, although you have to pay the TX fee and add a minimum of one satoshi to that. If you want a sort of email service, im sure it's possible, although the messages won't be tied with your actual bitcoin wallet, your account can be tied to an address by a third party.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
enhu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 11:03:15 AM

If you make it on the Blockchain, it must be take a fee right? And you have to wait for some minutes for the message to be deliveren, just like the transaction confirmations.

That would mean you will have to send an amount to the btc address to simply send a message to that recipient btc address as well.
I'm not sure if it really exist, let say a btc address exists which has tons of btc into it but the funds were gotten by fraud and what i could do is send a message to it.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 03:05:42 PM

That would mean you will have to send an amount to the btc address to simply send a message to that recipient btc address as well.
I'm not sure if it really exist, let say a btc address exists which has tons of btc into it but the funds were gotten by fraud and what i could do is send a message to it.

but this will not fetch any purpose because if he has done fraud then he wont even reply your message, ya but atleast if anyone genuinely sent it by wrongly then he can request the person to sent it back. but message sending process is very good. and i think in every wallet if you are sending coins their is a message box below where we can send the message to the coins sender address.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: