Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:44:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Killed by a Russian bomb, a five-year-old visiting relatives in Syria  (Read 386 times)
xht (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 06:18:55 PM

Raghat’s mother thought her village was a safe distance from Isis – but Syrians accuse Russia of targeting civilian areas

Five-year-old Raghat loved singing, nail polish, teasing her toddler sister, the alphabet she was starting to learn at nursery, and goofing for the camera. In the last photos of her, taken barely 10 minutes before the Russian bombs landed, she shows off a new bracelet and freshly painted nails with glee, then squeezes a kiss from her squirming baby sister.

“I only took my children back to Syria for six days,” says her mother, Suheer, her eyes welling up as she plays a video on her smartphone, bringing a shadow of her daughter momentarily back to life. Her son Hossein, only four himself, leans in to smooth away her tears. Too young to really understand why his sister has vanished, he comforts his mother with a soft patter of “mummy, no, mummy”.

Raghat now lies miles away, across the Turkish border in Syria, buried in the town of Habeet, near Idlib, where she died in October alongside her grandfather and her cousin Ahmad. When the attack finished she was found wrapped in Ahmad’s arms. A 28-year-old maths teacher, he had tried to race her to shelter when the first bomb fell.

They made it to a small dugout in the garden, but a bomb landed just beside the entrance, and Ahmad’s body was not a strong enough shield. Raghat survived the first blast, but died on the back of a motorbike as her family raced her to hospital. “We were supposed to be going home the next day,” Suheer says. “My husband never saw his daughter again.”

The family are one of hundreds ripped apart by more than two months of intense Russian bombing raids on opponents of President Bashar al-Assad, which victims and fighters say have strayed far behind frontlines. Coalition airstrikes led by the US have also killed civilians, but have stricter rules of engagement. There have been no reports of civilian casualties from the airstrikes launched on the al-Omar oilfield by British Tornado jets this week.

Syrians say Russians are not only reckless about choosing targets, but also appear to be intentionally bombing some civilian areas.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/04/killed-after-posing-for-pictures-the-five-year-old-victim-of-russias-airstrikes-on-syria

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCBinary

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 08:52:11 PM

In every war there are innocents getting killed. I'm not saying its right. I'm just saying it is common. It is not just the Russians its all the ones who build and sell the bombs...
J. J. Phillips

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Islam and Nazism are belief systems, not races.

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 11:33:32 AM

Five-year-old Raghat loved singing, nail polish, teasing her toddler sister, the alphabet she was starting to learn at nursery, and goofing for the camera.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/04/killed-after-posing-for-pictures-the-five-year-old-victim-of-russias-airstrikes-on-syria

"Raghat"? I suspect The Guardian just got trolled.

If Israel is destroyed, I will devote the rest of my life to the extermination of the human species. Any species that goes down this road again less than 100 years after the holocaust needs to be fucking wiped out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Affair_of_the_Gang_of_Barbarians
Ilan Halimi: tortured and murdered in France by barbarian Jew haters who'd be very comfortable here at bitcointalk.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 12:06:06 PM

Syrians say Russians are not only reckless about choosing targets, but also appear to be intentionally bombing some civilian areas.
Western propaganda. Tell me what have the US led airstrikes achieved so far? Pretty much nothing.

In every war there are innocents getting killed. I'm not saying its right. I'm just saying it is common. It is not just the Russians its all the ones who build and sell the bombs...
Correct. It is pretty much impossible to avoid collateral damage with so many bombs.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 12:56:58 PM

The pro-American mainstream media propaganda machine seems to be working overtime to ensure that the Russian anti-ISIS airstrikes are ended soon. Keep on dreaming. The Russians don't care much about media PR, and they won't stop unless Abu Bakr al Baghdadi and the other NATO puppets pack their bags and migrate to Turkey or the EU.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: