Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:07:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to move bitcoins from QuadrigaCX to Blockchain  (Read 3229 times)
Imagin (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 01:13:20 AM

I'm an absolute newbie.  I have a wallet set up on Blockchain and I managed to get verified for my account on QuadrigaCX.  I have some bitcoins in my account on QuadrigaCX and now I want to move them to my wallet on Blockchain.  I just can't seem to figure how to do that.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 01:31:29 AM

I don't have an account on this exchanger but I will try to give a hand, if you will search on the forum you may find some helpful topic, maybe this?  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=771643.msg8703388#msg8703388
If you already have bitcoin there then from what I read here https://www.quadrigacx.com/faq You can check this

How do I withdraw CAD?
Quadriga CX offers a wide range of withdrawal options. To learn more about our withdrawal options, please visit our Withdraw page within your account.
-snip-
Are Bitcoin withdrawals instant?
Bitcoin withdrawals are generally paid within 10 minutes. On rare occasions, withdrawals may take up to 8 hours.

Well i suppose that after visiting their withdraw page in your account, you will find a way to send your coins to the bitcoin address associated with your blockchain.info wallet (verify it before sending).
If you still don't find this option could you take a screenshot to this '' withdraw page '' (be sure to hide well every private information before posting it)

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
Imagin (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 01:40:17 AM

Ok, so withdraw is what I want.  Thank you!  I also saw an address on the Receive Money screen on Blockchain.  So, just to verify I get the address from Blockchain and then go to the Withdraw screen on QuadrigaCX and fill in the form and submit?  How long should I expect it to take to be available for use from Blockchain?
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 01:59:14 AM

Ok, so withdraw is what I want.  Thank you!  I also saw an address on the Receive Money screen on Blockchain.  So, just to verify I get the address from Blockchain and then go to the Withdraw screen on QuadrigaCX and fill in the form and submit?  How long should I expect it to take to be available for use from Blockchain?

That's about it and it will take as long as it takes for QuadrigaCX to process the withdrawal, as soon as they do it the BTCtc will be available in your wallet. Also, make sure to take a backup of your blockchain.info wallet and keep it somewhere safe. Read Blockchain.info wallet's FAQ & Support pages to clear out any other doubts about how to use their wallet, it's pretty detailed with pictures.

InvoKing
Legendary

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 02:01:23 AM

Ok, so withdraw is what I want.  Thank you!  I also saw an address on the Receive Money screen on Blockchain.  So, just to verify I get the address from Blockchain and then go to the Withdraw screen on QuadrigaCX and fill in the form and submit?  How long should I expect it to take to be available for use from Blockchain?

Yes that address is yours and it looks like 1xxxxxxxxxxxx...xx, You can create other ones if you like.
Be sure to copy the right bitcoin address before sending, if you write it wrong you will lose your coins.
As i quoted in my previous post, the exchanger will send it in ~10 minutes then it will take few minutes - hours (maybe days in worst cases) before it will appear in your wallet. You could check the unconfirmed transaction in blockchain.info then write your bitcoin address in the search.

Imagin (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 02:08:33 AM

Thanks so much InvoKing and bitbaby.  I really appreciate the help and the suggestions. 
InvoKing
Legendary

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 02:15:33 AM

Thanks so much InvoKing and bitbaby.  I really appreciate the help and the suggestions.  

Thank you.  Smiley
One thing I didn't mention first to not complicate things for you is the private key that you should never show it to anyone (try to learn about it later) because your funds in your wallet could be stolen if someone else know it.
At the opposite of the bitcoin address (1xxxxxxxxx..xx) which we can share it with others.
Anyway don't worry since you don't know how to find it yet, just make a quick search about it later.

Imagin (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 02:17:57 AM

Ok, thanks for that.  I now have a few things to get started learning when I finally get the bitcoins in the wallet.  I appreciate the point in the right direction. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: