Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:50:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ann] High Availability VPS and VPC  (Read 1101 times)
Insu Dra (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 02:54:45 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2012, 05:04:54 AM by Insu Dra

Host Selection
If you are looking for mass storage or data traffic you might be better off with other hosting providers. the nature of our infrastructure makes both storage and traffic more expensive then other solutions.

On the bright side if you need raw cpu power and/or ram we try to offer you the best price possible without loosing sight of quality and redundancy.

High Availability Virtual Servers and Clouds

We offer both simple virtual private servers and more complex virtual private clouds. Our infrastructure is designed for business critical website and application servers. High Availability simply means we have fail overs and redundancy build in to every aspect of our cloud. Read on to find out more.

We provide ‘Infrastructure as a Service’ (IaaS) and do not offer ‘Platform as a Service’ (PaaS) or ‘Software as a Service’ (SaaS), we leave this to our clients. (In pain English our job is the hardware, your responsible for the software.)

*IaaS is the service agreement we have with the isp managing the larger cloud, unless this project takes off I do not plan to offer higher service level.

The Cloud Infrastructure

Redundant Network: Our infrastructure is located in three state-of-the-art data centers in Amsterdam. These data-centers are interconnected with their own 10 Gb network and have multiple connections to various transit providers.

We replicated cluster data across these 3 data centers so that we always have a full backups ready to go. This allows us to quickly move clusters when there are problems with the original hardware, network or data center. We keep reserve capacity for this on standby within each data center.

Redundant Clusters: Every cluster in our network has 2 high grade  network and fiber channel switches, on top of that a cluster contains multiple servers and a large SAN with a redundant raid configuration.

The SAN will contain multiple copies of your data across various hard drives. Every SAN has 2 raid controllers that can access your data and they work together to manage all hard drives in a raid 6 configuration.

Our High Availability system monitors the servers inside a cluster and can move or tweak vps resources across them when needed. This system ensures that your virtual server is automatically taken over by other hardware if the current hardware is experiences problems or at risk of being overloaded, this happens without any downtime. Again we keep reserve capacity for this on standby within each cluster.

VPS Packages

Our packages are split up based on two hardware limits internal “CPU Cores & RAM” and external “HD Space & Data Traffic”.

The internal limit speaks for it self, the external limit is based on connectivity inside a cluster and the average use of these connections depending on io per month. We use these values to make absolutely sure that our clusters remain stable and that we do not oversell capacity within a cluster.

Price of Packages:
Low Spec1/12/22/4
Level 1:20/250   - 1,75 - 2,95 - 5,25
Level 2:40/500   - - 4,75 - 5,75
Level 3:80/1000 - - - 6,75

Mid Spec3/84/86/88/8
Level 1:20/250   - 9,75 - 10,75 - 12,00 - 14,00
Level 2:40/500   - 10,25 - 11,25 - 12,25 - 14,25
Level 3:80/1000 - 10,75 - 11,75 - 12,50 - 14,50
Level 4:160/2000 - 11,00 - 12,00 - 13,00 - 14,75

High Spec4/166/168/16
Level 1:20/250   - 17,00 - 19,00 - 21,00
Level 2:40/500   - 17,50 - 19,50 - 21,50
Level 3:80/1000 - 18,00 - 20,00 - 22,00
Level 4:160/2000 - 18,75 - 20,75 - 22,50
Level 5:320/4000 - 19,25 - 21,25 - 23,00
Level 6:480/6000 - 28,00 - 30,00 - 32,00

Notes:
  • Side: HD Space / Network Trafic; both in Gigabytes.
  • Header: CPU Cores / Ram in Gigabytes (1 core = 2,3 Ghz)
  • Empty fields are not feasible in our cluster, idle hardware would raise there cost.
  • Prices are per month, in Btc inc vat (25%) and may change depending on Btc exchange rate

Public Addresses:
  • Ipv4: 1 IP included; 2* IP - 0,75 Btc; 3* IP, 1,25 Btc (per year).
  • Ipv6: Full /64 Range included. (Hint: use this for ssh and not IPv4)

Os Options:

We use Xen virtualisation software for linux servers, the key factor for this choice is total separation between virtual servers, both in terms of security and performance.

* Personally I do not feel the need to support windows at this point in time. This might change at a later date or when a serious request is made. The larger cloud supports windows server visualization using Hyper-V.

Feel free to contact me about other configurations, most of the time a upgrade to a specific package will be just as cost effective. Other configurations are possible but usually require us to adjust hardware or cluster configuration with the associated cost for u, we need to do this to make sure we don't oversell, have excessive idle hardware inside a clusters or missing backup configurations and hardware.

VPC - Private Cloud

As soon as you have 2 or more virtual private servers (vps) we offer you the ability to setup a virtual private cluster (vpc). A VPC creates a private network between all the virtual servers assigned to it, this private network is completely separated from the Internet and the other servers in the cluster.

Configuration of vpc is done by us on request at no extra cost. When required we can setup your vpc to be spread out over two of our data centers to enable you to create extra redundancy, availability and security.

Gateway, Firewall and Load balancing on a VPC

• OpenApp Networking Application (NAP)
    OpenApp NAP is an open source load balancer and firewall application that can be applied in a High Availability set up and features an elegant web interface.

OpenApp NAP consists of the following software: openapp-backup, OpenPanel with mod-keepalived, mod-iptables, mod-pptpd (vpn), mod-backup, mod-smtp. (Min requirements: vps 1)

• Astaro Internet Security
    Astaro Internet Security VPS is commercial software that has different options for the optimal protection of your private servers or cloud. The software has an advanced firewall, e-mail and web application security, it is capable of easily setting up secured connections. (Min requirements: per product vps 2)

Prices:10 Users25 Users
    Astro Essential Firewall:Free - Free
    Astro Network Security:4,70 - 6,00
    Astro Mail Security:4,70 - 8,75
    Astaro Application Security:4,70 - 8,75
    Premium 24/7 Support:1,25 - 1,75

* Snap shot prices in Btc inc vat, may change depending on Btc exchange rate
    * Premium Support gives you direct access to Astro Engineers, great value to have when under attack.

For more information about a vpc or the price of a astro products and options feel free to contact me.

More Info

Terms and Conditions
Will follow soon (tm), No for real they will follow.

For now all I care to say is:
  • We only require a email and a alias or real name.
  • You are responsible for the data and services on your virtual private servers
  • Payments always happen in advance, warning will be mailed 7 day's in advance. Paying to late will force us to off line the related services.
  • Bandwidth limits are set, you will get a warning and 7 day's to upgrade or take action. If no upgrade is done or action taken in 7 day's we will be forced to off line the related services.
  • We will off line services when this is required under Dutch law.
  • The only government that may compel disclosure of data stored on our infrastructure is the Dutch government. We explicitly states that we do not have any obligation to any other government in this regard.
  • The activities in regard to the Customers data are governed by the Dutch Personal Data Protection Act of 2000.

Downsides ?
I do not supply dns services, you will have to register and manage your own dns servers. Again this might change depending on how well this takes off.

I have no usable control panel that enables clients to manage vps setups or vpc configurations. I'm going over this with the people managing the larger cloud to see what options are available to interact with there tools. I do not expect this to be fixed fast and until that time comes vps setups and vpc configurations will be done by me using the simple tools I have to manage my other servers and clusters. To that extend you need to know I'm from Europe (gmt+1).

Why me ?
I have over 10 years of experience with data and application servers. My career started 1999 with game servers and over time it grew to data and application servers for small businesses.

In 2002-2003 I decided to focus more on programing and B2B side of things. I sold the game related services to the people behind 3d.nl, this sale included a custom control panel and billing software that I wrote from the ground up.

And that is what I have been doing ever sins, managing servers and programing custom interfaces and tools to manage (and/or transfer) data and application services.

This does not mean I did not have any ruff patches along the way.

"drugs, guns, and gambling for anyone and everyone!"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Insu Dra (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 02:55:41 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2012, 03:10:30 AM by Insu Dra

Reserved for ...

This is a initial announcement to get some feedback while we setup the rest of it over the coming week. This service is available so feel free to send me a pm for request or just ask more info here.

I'm doing a comp to please the spelling police, I know my English sucks and usually I don't really care but ...

Every person that quotes a typo or grammatical error from the original post. Gets a 5% discount for three months on a package of choice. This discount will be claimable once and at anytime in the future. Put a funny remark with it and you might get a bonus.

• Discounts can't be combined.
  • One quote and one discount per person.
  • A error that was quoted before does not count.

"drugs, guns, and gambling for anyone and everyone!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: