Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:47:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Rolex Oyster Perpetual Air-King - 100 BTC  (Read 15288 times)
tiptopgemdotcom
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000

Truly decentralized stable asset

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 07:20:09 PM

My father owns a pawn shop and I worked for him for five years; before that I worked for a large pawn company with many stores in two states.  I have bought and sold hundreds of Rolex watches.  Without the detailed pics everyone is asking for we don't know anything.

How about some very, very elementary stuff.  Have you taken the band off?  Please DO NOT use metal tools to do this.  Use plastic or wood.  Once you have the band off, you will find the model number at the 12 o'clock position and the serial number at the 6 o'clock position. 

I am going to take a stab because this is a fun game, but I will say you have a 1981-1983 Air King.  Once you have the model and serial numbers we can easily determine if I am right or wrong. 

And dude- seriously- take some !@#$!@#$ pictures of the model and serial numbers.  If you don't do this you are a thief or a liar or both.  If you actually do this (doubts are building as I type) it will tell everyone all that they need to know except as previously mentioned the service history.

Here is another stab.  It gains time.  I can tell you why later, and I could be right or wrong.  But it does gain 2-3 minutes every other day, doesn't it?  Wow, this guy is good Billy.  Let's run!

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 07:23:05 PM

In this day an age I don't understand why it would be difficult to get your hands on a camera.

I can walk down to my local library and use a PC with a webcam for free.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 07:28:25 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2012, 07:31:39 PM by Dalkore

In this day an age I don't understand why it would be difficult to get your hands on a camera.

I can walk down to my local library and use a PC with a webcam for free.

You are asking for something too obvious.   This is a gentlemen that is selling precious metals but has not access to a camera because he got too high and broke his phone and his childhood friend (who lives next door) doesn't have one but does have a genuine Rolex.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 07:44:44 PM

Why do you feel the need to reinstate your perspective of others, rather than allowing people form an opinion based on the person respectively?

Can't waist my gas, I have a few dollars in cash, rest in BTC.  Not going to go out of my way for your doubt.  I'll post pics eventually, it's really not going to change the realness of this watch, though.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 07:52:01 PM

Why do you feel the need to reinstate your perspective of others, rather than allowing people form an opinion based on the person respectively?

Can't waist my gas, I have a few dollars in cash, rest in BTC.  Not going to go out of my way for your doubt.  I'll post pics eventually, it's really not going to change the realness of this watch, though.

Pictures, serial, manual will actually change it's "realness".   FYI

P.S.  I thought your childhood friend was real close by?  Hmmm

Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3074

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 08:37:49 PM

Can't waist my gas, I have a few dollars in cash, rest in BTC. 

There is that 150+ IQ dank claims he has.   Roll Eyes

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 08:56:25 PM

The stupidist thing about your attitude, dank, is that there's a high demand for genuine, vintage Rolexes.  If you can prove that the watch you're selling is authentic, you can almost certainly sell it for more than the 142 BTC you're asking.  The exact model number determines how much it's worth.

Yet again, though, you're not prepared to put in any effort.  If you don't get off your ass and put in the effort, people are only going to be willing to pay the price a Rolex knock-off would command.  I guess it's all profit anyway if you're selling a gift so why bother, hey?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 09:01:11 PM

The stupidist thing about your attitude, dank, is that there's a high demand for genuine, vintage Rolexes.  If you can prove that the watch you're selling is authentic, you can almost certainly sell it for more than the 142 BTC you're asking.  The exact model number determines how much it's worth.

Yet again, though, you're not prepared to put in any effort.  If you don't get off your ass and put in the effort, people are only going to be willing to pay the price a Rolex knock-off would command.  I guess it's all profit anyway if you're selling a gift so why bother, hey?

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

+1

This is why I am making such stink about this.  This is Bitcoin, get your shit together man.  We are actually trying to help you Dank.  It will be a sad day when every fucking long time member of this forum turns out to be bunk. 

repentance

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 09:18:05 PM

From the face alone it's hard to guess which model it might be.  The serial number will tell us that.  Some Rolexes from the 1960s have a similar face and some of the limited additions from that era are worth a lot of money even if the original band has been replaced, they need refinishing, etc.  If it's genuine, there are a ton of places where collectors will snap it up at the price you're asking - but no matter where you try to sell it, buyers are going to want proof of its authenticity.  Your friend could be sitting on a fucking motherlode and not even know it (if he owned the coins you've been selling and both the coins and the watch were gifts from grandparents then there's a possibility this watch is worth a hell of a lot more than a couple of thousand dollars).  As others have pointed out, Rolex can supply an authentication certificate if the original has been lost - even if the watch was bought 50 years ago.

Right now, it just looks like you're relying on your past history to convince people that you wouldn't sell them a fake - the classic "long con" - because your reasons for refusing to authenticate the watch are ridiculous.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
CharlieContent

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 10:29:43 PM

If you can prove that the watch you're selling is authentic, you can almost certainly sell it for more than the 142 BTC you're asking.

Agreed. It wouldn't even have to be vintage or rare in any way to command a higher price than this. I've never seen any good condition Air King selling for less than $2k. Perhaps a badly damaged model may go for less, but many models will sell for much more, potentially three times that. The Air King is one of the most affordable Rolex models but it's far from cheap.

142 BTC is suspiciously good value.
J-Norm

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 02:12:14 AM

You people do realize that by arguing here you are just bumping his thread and increasing the chances of someone eventually buying it?

If the only people who posted on this thread were people interested in buying it then it would have fallen into the archives by now, but you folks keep it front and center for every new reader to find.

You behavior belies your motives.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 03:12:44 AM

I think its sort of asinine to spam the thread with, ITS NOT REAL MORE PICS! First off, I've never had any deals other than good with Dank, and I don't really see him refusing escrow, so the matter of scamming is out. This does not speak on the genuinity of the watch itself, but I think it at least warrants him a slight bit of reasonable doubt, enough to at least be allowed to find more evidence. Just wait until he gets the pictures that others have said are needed to determine authenticity.
Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 03:49:25 AM

I think its sort of asinine to spam the thread with, ITS NOT REAL MORE PICS! First off, I've never had any deals other than good with Dank, and I don't really see him refusing escrow, so the matter of scamming is out. This does not speak on the genuinity of the watch itself, but I think it at least warrants him a slight bit of reasonable doubt, enough to at least be allowed to find more evidence. Just wait until he gets the pictures that others have said are needed to determine authenticity.

Did you actually read his responses?  Reasonable doubt is long gone I am afraid.   No one has asked for escrow because we don't want to waste someones time until we can be sure it is worth putting an earnest payment up.  Would you even ask for escrow off of one dark upside down picture and the excuse, I got high and broke my only access to a camera but my childhood friend next door doesnt have one either.  I mean seriously?Huh

But you bring up a great question.

Dank - Will you do escrow once you provide a serial number we can verify?  I am a potential buyer if it genuine.  Like people said, there is a market for vintage Rolexes.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 03:51:35 AM

Reasonably doubt this:

Whatever floats your boat, my friend.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
repentance

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 04:23:58 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2012, 05:55:57 AM by repentance

Reasonably doubt this:

Thank you .  People are likely still going to want details about the year of manufacture and stuff but at least you've proven that it was legitimately purchased.

Serial number is 9366812, which indicates 1986 as the year of manufacture.

btcANGEL

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 07:34:17 AM

Reasonably doubt this:

Thank you .  People are likely still going to want details about the year of manufacture and stuff but at least you've proven that it was legitimately purchased.

Serial number is 9366812, which indicates 1986 as the year of manufacture.

The inventory number (C40964) leads here: http://www.tic-tock.com/wingates/watch-detail/40964

Soon you will be dancing face-to-face / With the limits of ambition and the scars of the marketplace / Welcome to the land of flame and fizz / Where you will learn that packaging is all that heaven is
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 04:30:01 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2012, 05:52:23 PM by dank

Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 06:11:50 PM

I have removed the words "Potential Scam" from the posting summarizing  of the sellers responses up to the point where a picture of the receipt and serial number was provided.  Now we do some due diligence.   

We still need some more picture with the light on to evaluate its condition. 

AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 06:13:48 PM

why can't I see the pictures? Did you host on some USA only poo?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 06:19:23 PM

It's a watch man.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: