Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:53:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCFPGA Ready to SHIP  (Read 4055 times)
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 09:43:40 PM

Cannot connect to BTCFPGA.com. Wanted to check if i also got this "READY TO SHIP" status update.
grmbl.
Anything big expected for today on BTCFPGA (like Apple store down and everybody freaking out) ? I am not familiar with the latest news....

BFL posters have reported receiving email stating that new delivery date for bASIC is January 2013.  You never know whether these target dates are best or worse case scenarios.
You keep posting this, which posters are you talking about? All I can find is this but it doesn't say anything about bASIC.
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/437-asic-update-26-november-2012-a-5.html#post6332
Quote from: rankimpolite
just got an email saying they will be shipping january 2013, not this year
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 09:46:01 PM

Call me old fashioned but shouldn't things be assembled/tested first before being classified as "ready to ship"?

Yeah, something's not right there. By this definition, BFL's ASICs would be "ready to ship" because someone in China is actively assembling parts...
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 09:50:47 PM

You keep posting this, which posters are you talking about? All I can find is this but it doesn't say anything about bASIC.
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/437-asic-update-26-november-2012-a-5.html#post6332

People were talking about it in the Shoutbox.  More than one person reported receiving the email. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
itsgoldbaby

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Hello!

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 09:52:29 PM

Couldn't be bullshit at all, nope. I report I have received NO email about this. Thanks.
SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 10:26:20 PM

People were talking about it in the Shoutbox.  More than one person reported receiving the email.  
You left the shoutbox too early, the guy was reading bASIC where the mail did not mention a company, but it was supposed to be coming from bfl? What the poster's order # was, is not mentioned

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 11:35:46 PM

Couldn't be bullshit at all, nope. I report I have received NO email about this. Thanks.

Will Tom's post on his own forum convince you?

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=125.0

For the record, I'm not a BFL supporter.  My interest is in seeing those who've pre-ordered ASICs get the most accurate information possible about when they can expect delivery.  I think Tom has done pretty well at this to date but that people are understandably frustrated when significant delays are only announced at the 11th hour, no matter which company is announcing a delay.  I think many people would rather have a company say "February" and deliver on time or early than have them give a date and keep pushing it back.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 12:52:52 AM

Will Tom's post on his own forum convince you?

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=125.0

For the record, I'm not a BFL supporter.  My interest is in seeing those who've pre-ordered ASICs get the most accurate information possible about when they can expect delivery.  I think Tom has done pretty well at this to date but that people are understandably frustrated when significant delays are only announced at the 11th hour, no matter which company is announcing a delay.  I think many people would rather have a company say "February" and deliver on time or early than have them give a date and keep pushing it back.
The btcfpga thread was posted after you made the post from the shoutbox, which was referring to a mail he got from bfl regarding his recent order, and was later corrected in that same bfl shoutbox by the one posting it there when people asked where he read "bASIC".    But indeed, they all seem in the same boat now, I don't see BFL shipping large numbers, or at all, before Christmas too.

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: