Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:47:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Perhaps Bitcoin isn't the currency of ISIS...  (Read 1583 times)
HabBear (OP)

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 05:42:59 AM

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/04/news/world/isis-gold/index.html?iid=hp-stack-dom

A new article claims ISIS prefers gold bullion to any other currency...better they be associated with gold than with Bitcoin!
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
croato

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 05:58:50 AM

Only idiots connect ISIS with Bitcoin. They would get caught asap if they do, Bitcoin is only pseudo anonymous so secret services would have easy job to track their transactions.
GPUmonitor

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 06:17:29 AM

I read some articles claiming us dollar are still the favorate currency by ISIS. Comparing with gold, dollar notes are easy to carry, collect , transfer.  Gold probably is treated by them as reserve currency against dollar.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 08:09:35 AM

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/04/news/world/isis-gold/index.html?iid=hp-stack-dom

A new article claims ISIS prefers gold bullion to any other currency...better they be associated with gold than with Bitcoin!

You pretend that they use as their currency a currency that is not theirs? That is not own by them? Then, if yes, where can find they all that bitcoin needed to pay their fighters? Are very big money that needed. And if they will be able to find all the needed amount, what can do their mujahideens with an internet money? How will use it? Then I bet that 80% of them know internet only as a name and have not used it even one time. They know only Allah, the Quran, the fighting, the various weapons and the women. Everything else is  western culture which want to destroy their customs and their culture. As such must be fight. Are very few they who really are the mind of everything there and maybe they may be the same as a normal people in our area. They might know and use even bitcoin. But is impossible that the money used by ISIS in everything be the money which can be used only by them.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 08:30:21 AM

they are also proclaming about initiating their personal new altcoin, which will be seen as a scam

I read some articles claiming us dollar are still the favorate currency by ISIS. Comparing with gold, dollar notes are easy to carry, collect , transfer.  Gold probably is treated by them as reserve currency against dollar.

this because there is the belief that they are acquiring army from the usa, so it's better for them to use usa than bitcoin
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 08:43:44 AM

Only idiots connect ISIS with Bitcoin. They would get caught asap if they do, Bitcoin is only pseudo anonymous so secret services would have easy job to track their transactions.

Exactly, I am glad that all of this is unfolding in this direction. Another great article to shatter a connection  of Bitcoin with these animals!
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 10:03:33 AM

Bitcoin was never officially connected to ISIS. The media connected it just for a cool story. In fact, Isis, as you say value gold more. You'll have to be out of your mind to believe those shit-based stories...
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 10:42:51 AM

Exactly, I am glad that all of this is unfolding in this direction. Another great article to shatter a connection  of Bitcoin with these animals!

Let's see what the governments will do right now. Will they cancel the restrictions regarding Bitcoin they had in plan? Nope. Will they introduce new policies to make it harder to sell and buy physical gold? Nope. They will do everything to push Bitcoin back to prevent it from growing. They will simply fail. Bitcoin will grow no matter what.
Mr. Forum

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 11:09:54 AM

I am thinking that this must be the reason why bitcoin is facing a lot of challenges and being accepted as a currency in most countries. people associate bitcoins to criminals and therefore wont be able to accept it freely. You can be able to have a look at the destruction ISIS has brought today and when you get your mind set to that, it becomes difficult to be convinced otherwise. They may be suing other forms of digital currency and we have no prove to rule out bitcoins.
zodiac3011

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 02:44:37 PM

no way ISIS will use bitcoin because it is tracable in some ways. Gold can be melted and hard to trace I think
KIMMY91

Activity: 154

Keep Calm and Get Your Own Some Bitcoin

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 02:51:20 PM

no way ISIS will use bitcoin because it is tracable in some ways. Gold can be melted and hard to trace I think
[/quote

Yeah, thats true. Bitcoin can be traceable in whole world. Any transaction that made, can be know by investigators that investigate about them. I still believe this world are small, and i believe that they are not stupid to use bitcoin for their transaction process.
mouneshwar123

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 02:52:59 PM

You pretend that they use as their currency a currency that is not theirs? That is not own by them? Then, if yes, where can find they all that bitcoin needed to pay their fighters? Are very big money that needed. And if they will be able to find all the needed amount, what can do their mujahideens with an internet money? How will use it? Then I bet that 80% of them know internet only as a name and have not used it even one time. They know only Allah, the Quran, the fighting, the various weapons and the women. Everything else is  western culture which want to destroy their customs and their culture. As such must be fight. Are very few they who really are the mind of everything there and maybe they may be the same as a normal people in our area. They might know and use even bitcoin. But is impossible that the money used by ISIS in everything be the money which can be used only by them.
true that, not all of them are educated. all the know is to fight fight and fight.

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6122

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 02:54:58 PM

Now if we think like governments and retards do , We should ban gold instead of bitcoin ? since now gold is involved in illegal and terrorism activities .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 03:06:55 PM

I don't think it really matters where they get their money from, they will get their hands on anything they want by just threatening and torturing other people.

I think their main source of income is oil and gasses from the middle east.
Pollak

Activity: 182

Pollak

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 03:17:59 PM

Bitcoin was never officially connected to ISIS. The media connected it just for a cool story. In fact, Isis, as you say value gold more. You'll have to be out of your mind to believe those shit-based stories...

Indeed the media did do this. I just think they did that because they wanna place bitcoin in a bad light so that less people will start using it as a currency.

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 03:37:16 PM

Of course that Bitcoin is not preferred by terrorists, they know they have way more chances at doing a fatal mistake and revealing all of their criminal money to hackers worldwide to be traced than doing some shady business for gold and physical cash with governments in exchange of cheap oil and whatnot. The Bitcoin-ISIS connection is nothing but FUD.
WaterSupply

Activity: 121

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 03:42:28 PM

It is the media up to their old tricks.

The journalist who originally investigated has said that this rumour is false. This is yet another attempt to malign bitcoin. The bitcoin marketplace has had a few bumps with issues like mt gox and silk road etc. Hopefully these sorts of stories will not scare regular people away from using bitcoin. Also ISIS is a absolute joke, people should not take any notice of what they say.
ThunderThomas

Activity: 210

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 03:42:33 PM

I don't think it really matters where they get their money from, they will get their hands on anything they want by just threatening and torturing other people.

I think their main source of income is oil and gasses from the middle east.

I believe so too, after all, they are in the middle east, one of the biggest sources of oil. No matter what currency or investments they make, they can get their hands on anything.

patrolman

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 04:00:24 PM

Let's see what the governments will do right now. Will they cancel the restrictions regarding Bitcoin they had in plan? Nope. Will they introduce new policies to make it harder to sell and buy physical gold? Nope. They will do everything to push Bitcoin back to prevent it from growing. They will simply fail. Bitcoin will grow no matter what.

There's no doubt in my mind that ultimate goal is to get rid of all non-fiat currencies, in order to be able to impose negative interest rates effectively.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 04:27:25 PM

Perhaps media and general public want to have standard scapegoat ready in case there is nothing else to blame, and bitcoin is a perfect candidate for that role.
Average Joe doesn't know bitcoin, for masses is just enigmatic term and therefore it is easy to blame. Most people are not gonna research internet over it anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: