Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:03:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]AutismCoin ReRelease[AUTSM]  (Read 12138 times)
morantis (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 05:28:44 PM

It will fight through, the coin always wins.  Let me give our new pool a few hours to see if it s***ts itself and perhaps that will work better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
morantis (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 03:36:37 PM

So... is the coin working or dead now? is there a working pool? not that it matters my wallet still is not syncing> 41 hours behind

The current pool is still working.  No one is syncing because we can't get anyone to mine.  I am working on getting a group on that now, otherwise I will rent hash and put towards it.  Either way once it is up to date I will be sending out bonuses.
morantis (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 03:41:13 PM

So... is the coin working or dead now? is there a working pool? not that it matters my wallet still is not syncing> 41 hours behind

The current pool is still working.  No one is syncing because we can't get anyone to mine.  I am working on getting a group on that now, otherwise I will rent hash and put towards it.  Either way once it is up to date I will be sending out bonuses.

I am going to quickly clear out the mining server and set it up to mine 24/7, you can add that as a node too.  209.198.15.19  I also have another server that I will devote to the same tasks, that should get us through.
morantis (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 04:09:34 PM

The server is catching things up as we speak.
morantis (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 04:12:05 PM

Apparently the rented node that we were using is not up to par.  As soon as I set the new node of 209.198.15.19 the entire process caught up.  I will have this up most of the day, but will reinstall in a more stable state in the middle of the night.
milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 04:21:55 PM

"For Autism Awareness" Meaning you are going to donate the money you make from this to autism non-profits? Looks very unprofessional and you are certainly immoral if you are trying to make a dime off of peoples sympathy for those with a condition. I encourage you to prove thats not what youre doing.

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
morantis (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 04:27:22 PM

"For Autism Awareness" Meaning you are going to donate the money you make from this to autism non-profits? Looks very unprofessional and you are certainly immoral if you are trying to make a dime off of peoples sympathy for those with a condition. I encourage you to prove thats not what youre doing.

First of all, it was stated about four pages back on this thread that is what we are doing.  Secondly, if you do not want to take part, then do not.  We have nothing to prove to you or anyone else and we do not need your approval to raise money for a worthy cause, but thanks for stopping by to throw in your negative thoughts.
DanWalker

Activity: 1918
Merit: 544

We are all the pieces of what we remember.

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 04:52:02 PM

I am going to quickly clear out the mining server and set it up to mine 24/7, you can add that as a node too.  209.198.15.19  I also have another server that I will devote to the same tasks, that should get us through.
  sweet!!!   wallet on same block as pool now , wallet back in synce.  Grin    thanks for the coinage , mining again at pool.mn

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
VenMiner

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 06:32:42 PM

Mining again on pool.mn, lets move the chain again, thanks for the fix dev...  Grin
morantis (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 06:38:56 PM

Mining again on pool.mn, lets move the chain again, thanks for the fix dev...  Grin

I will use a different server for our own MPOS mining pool, block explorer and such.
VenMiner

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 06:41:16 PM

By the way dev, today is my birthday if you want to gift me some bonus coin...  Tongue  Grin
morantis (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 06:41:38 PM

We are coming up the voting list on c-cex.com but that looks like it is going to take time and we need an exchange more quickly.  Trying to find a solution.
VenMiner

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 06:43:07 PM

I will use a different server for our own MPOS mining pool, block explorer and such.
Cool, keep working hard.
morantis (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 06:48:26 PM

The diff is dropping way down on the next block.....get in there now!
VenMiner

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 06:49:19 PM

thanks  for the gift dev... Grin
morantis (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 07:00:57 AM

The march continues.  I am purposely not ming unless it is needed because we have the premine.  We have given away over 500,000 coins and still keep going.  I want to develop a pyramid giveaway and need some feedback.  Because things are enonymous with all altcoins, this is going to go on some faith.  I want to start with five people.  I will give them each 50,000 coins.  I want them to choose ten people and give them each 2,500 coins.  That leaves that level with 25,000 coins for themselves.  They should choose those that do not already have a wallet.  That next level down should choose ten people and split half of their coins with them.  Again, these should be for people with new wallets.  This should go on for one more level. 

That means the original five people choose 10 non-wallet holding people and start them off.  That is 50 new people.  Those 50 will generate ten people each for 500 new wallet holders and one more time for an additional 5000 new wallet holders.  This is not going to happen that way, I know, but if we get ten percent of those we will have more than 2000 people with wallets and coins.  If I can afford it I will do this each month.

What I need is a system to track these "anonymous" transactions.  A block explorer will not work, any of us can produce as many addresses as we want and send ourselves coins.  I was thinking that the signature used with the transactions is going to be useful.  I can combine this with some membership system, maybe a Wordpress site.  You would log in and list your ten giveaways and they will have to log in and say they received them.  If the person giving away coins and the person claiming them have the same IP, well you tried and lost lol.

I know I am rambling, it is one AM here.  Give me your thoughts.

I also thought of fliers with a promo code.  Obviously to get the coins you need a wallet.  Maybe a Bitcoin bonus for those showing a wallet with a balance.  I have to say though that I set a budget for this project.  I believe that after six months a charity project should be self-supporting.  I am way over budget and refuse to use my company funds.  This is not a selfish thing.  I don't want someone to get turned off of this project if they find out our company bought a Chinese paper pack instead of American or an employee makes a comment.  The company and charity must remain separate. 

You get the idea of my current thoughts, but here is one more.  I am very impressed by the participation of some of the forum members here and have rewarded them.  I am considered creating an online "committee board".  It would be five or more people that have shown hard work and trustworthyness.  I would be the chair, as I started this and hold most of the materials.  Once a week, we would meet online for an hour and discuss the next best move for AutismCoin.  We follow "Roberts Rules of Order" and vote on important events, next moves and issues.  I personally have over 15 years of Internet business and standard business experience.  I am not stupid, but I do not know everything.  I would hate to hurt the charity move by putting too many coins in an exchange that fails or using another service that goes under.  The recent issues with coin I take responsibility for.  I rented the node that was supposed to be the backbone for the coin and they just stopped hosting it.  That was the issue with stuck blocks I believe.  That was ten bucks in BTC that could have served those in need better.  I am sure there will be more mishaps, but when more than one person work together it is less likely.

As always, if anyone needs anything let me know.  With both businesses I cannot promise any better than a 24 hour response time, but I usually get back to people quickly.
DanWalker

Activity: 1918
Merit: 544

We are all the pieces of what we remember.

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 07:05:20 AM

Some faucit promo might  help..just saying... Wink

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
morantis (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 07:18:28 AM

Some faucit promo might  help..just saying... Wink

You mean ads on a faucet?  I don't think I can even approach a faucet for this coin until we are on an exchange.  I wonder what the deal is with faucetbox.  Seems all the faucets use a micro-wallet service for obvious reasons.  I will look into what it takes for them to accept a new coin.  I could combine a faucet and my own micro-wallet site, but that looks like a scam.  Hey, here's your free coins and don't forget we will charge a network fee to send them to you, all the while making six times as much off the ads, lol...but thanks for stopping by!
morantis (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 08:52:02 AM

I know that many people will look at something like this and think of it as a scam.  I completely understand and I know about scams and honestly know how to do them properly.  This is not scam.  We are trying to help.  To help you determine some things about charities and businesses that collect for them I am going to share some BUSINESS LEGAL FACTS.

These are true for Florida, United States, not sure about other states or countries.

First and foremost, when we eventually make money with this coin, this is what is going to happen.  We take out the expenses and donate 100% of the rest to the charity.  However, you will be interested to know that a company or individual can legally use the name of a charity providing that they give a minimum of 3% of the net money collected.  That means 3% after expenses.  However, if asked a company or individual must provide a written statement as to what percentage they give of their net gains.

So, you ask a website owner, "What percentage of this donation are you giving to X charity?"  They reply 1000%.  Have you beaten the scam?  Not yet.  I own a company and have my own individual income sources so I am not paying myself for services to this coin.  However, that is a common way to get around giving your full $100 to a charity.  A person can start the company, hook up with the charity and then pay themselves any salary that they want.  They can even pay out bonuses for high collections.  That means your $100 to X charity may be paying the company owner $500 per week or even more.  Also, companies aligned properly with a charity can operate at a loss for much longer without explaining themselves to any government service than a regular corporation.

But what about the half scam/half real.  More interesting laws that have come up because of the internet.  You can use a picture without copy right infringement by changing 100 pixels.  Does that mean that a website with a small American Cancer Society logo in the corner MUST be legal.  No, take a Wordpress site for example.  That small logo may be derived from a huge picture.  So the scam owner goes to the ACS website and downloads the largest, but clear image of their logo, fires up Photoshop and alters the bottom line of pixels, say 200 in all.  They upload that huge picture and Wordpress compresses it for the site.  No one can tell the difference.  You can also download a PNG and simply add white or black to the entire transparent background and be more than legal.  Orrrrrr....the website does not use the logo as their own, but rather publishes an article on their site about the ASC, inlcuding(for reference), the logo.  It is like talking about the president and including a picture of the White House Seal, way up top, near the header and hoping people assume that they are on an official White House website.

The outright scam.  The above assumes that a person is trying to be legal enough to not go to prison.  There are those that just outright steal in the form of donations.  How do we ferret those out? What are the facts?  Fact one, Paypal has its own rules.  If I sell you a box for ten dollars and you do not like it, Paypal will assist you in getting your money back from me or they will simply pay you and deal with me separately.  However, there is no recourse with Paypal on intangible items and services.  You may get it started and you get get your money back, but a smart scam artist can stop that and get those back in their hands with a single phone call to Paypal.  Scam or no scam, be careful paying with Paypal for anything that is not a solid object.  Verified means very little on Paypal also.  If the scammer wants to get paid, they will likely have bank account with their Paypal account and that is all it takes to be verified pretty much.  Also, get the Paypal debit card.  It lets you transfer Paypal funds to the debit card.  That way you can control how much money a person has access to, because once you give that Paypal or credit information out to the wrong person, consider the balance of the account you used gone. I transfer just enough to the card to pay for a possible edgy online purchase and will not put more money on that card for at least two days.  You cannot directly move money from the card back to Paypal, keep that in mind, so if you have to cancel the card for a new one, those funds are frozen until the new card arrives. More Paypal you say?  A bank to Paypal transfer takes 3-5 days.  However, if you send a request from another Paypal account to the one with the bank account it pays instantly.  You can then transfer that money back to the other Paypal account or whatever.  This is not true of the e-check.

SSL?  SSL is simply a protective protocol for your information from outside hacking.  It means that the information going from your computer to the website and back again is encrypted.  That means nothing about the website owner or the site itself.  With SSL you don't have to worry about anyone else stealing your money before the scammer does.  It is many times free to get SSL with the right hosting package. 

Your best tools against online fraud, the internet and a real bank.  So here you are looking at a site collecting for Animal Abuse.  Nice logos, propessional look, Paypal and other ways to pay, what now.  First, look up who registered the site.  It is not always available, but most of the time it is.  So, John Davidson Peters is the website owner, the website is in Cleveland, OH.  Google the persons name by itself.  Why does John live in India and operate a Ohio website or vice versa.  With the internet, it is possible to run a web business from one continent to another, but read the site, does it claim to be based in Cleveland or is that where the hosting account is? 

Google image search....an awesome tool.  Download the pertinent pictures from the site and save them to a temporary folder.  Open up Google and click on Images or Image.  There is an icon to upload an image and search for it.  My favorite scam catch is this moment.  Google image search brings up occurrences of that image and others like it on the web.  I love it when the scammer picked the very first image that came up.  This does not mean they are scamming, but it is just a little point not in their favor.  Between the image search and the name you should have seen some social accounts.  You look at the site and see that John and been collecting donations for a  year, but never even gave it a single mention on Facebook or anywhere.  Now, someone starting a site to help those in need may also have downloaded that same image, but just keep the fact in mind.

When getting close to making  a donation, click all the same-site links and look for broken pages.  Send an email through the form on the site and see what the response time is.  What is the email address?  This is question for you to ask.  If you are seeing a website that displays anything at all, the site owner had and has access to create email addresses for the site.  Johntheman.com, if it was real, is hosted somewhere.  Almost every hosting service lets you create email addresses.  Try to avoid sites that use Gmail for their professional emails.  Look for addresses that come from the site.  Ok, so you emailed a simple question to the private email for the site.  Finally Google all these things, we are using Company A as the business and John as owner, the website URL, the website title, Company A, the owners name.  Do these separate and then do them again with the word scam in the search. 

Do not forget, we have all had a reason that we were personally angry at someone in a business.  Maybe it was their fault, maybe it was yours, but you then proceed to tell everyone the nasty truth.  That is how bad reputations get started.  If you are going to complain, be honest and also try all means to work with the owner to get things resolved.  You can also look up in Google any business papers they have filed with the state/country.  It is rare to Google straight to them, instead Google "business records online" and it is up to you whether you add your state name to be more specific.  In Florida, we have sunstate.org.  Lastly, ask people you know, they may have had experience with the site before.  Also, Google the business name again start looking for a near exact copy.  If one scam sites nets you $1000, then two sites will get close to $2000...and so on.

So here are some steps to a safe purchase...I suggest using a pin and paper to keep track of the check up. 

1. Check out the site and read almost everything.  There should be a clear and concise layout no errors.  Look in the FAQ and elsewhere for specific rules and conditions for purchases.

2. Google everything about the site, including the images. 

3. Social Media.  Check Twitter, Facebook and the other popular social sites and look up your new friend.  You may get lucky get to talk to them a bit.

4. Move enough fund to the Paypal Debit card for the purchase.  If there is anything in the way, get rid of it.  Do not add more money to card until you are positive that all is well.

5. Make your purchase.  Make sure that if it is tangible that you keep it in the bag and safe from moisture and dirt.  If something is wrong, contact them.  Be nice and polite, they are likely going to replacement the items.  If there is an issue, contact the highest level of employee if you run into a dead end with customer service.  Make sure you contact the right company.  Remember, in an eBay sale gone wrong, contact eBay not Paypal.  Keep your calm.  The calmer you are the better the chance of getting through this.  Also, let them know they did a good job and spread the word.  The same is true of negative talk.  You can tell someone you would suggest not eating a "John's Diner", but do not lie just to turn them against the place.  Share what happened to you and nothing more. 

Ok then, I hope this gets the ball rolling.  There are many ways to catch and scam, people wanting money wired to God knows where, blank and sparse websites that have nothing but a half a paragraph and a Paypal button, fake Paypal forms that phish your information, websites that change every week and such.  This is not a direct response to anyone here, simple some useful information to be safe.  There are also those sites that simply die without reason and keep any cash and coins they have.  Most people assume they have pulled the site and ran.  If that is the case, I have always found that to be dumb.  I think they should bail and leave the website in tact.  No one gives things a second thought once they have decided to work with a website, but when it is just gone one day, they start to bitch and gather more people to fact that terrible scammer...lol.  Bear in mind how ever that there is a cost involved to do anything on the internet. 

The servers we are using now are pretty cheap, but one day more power will be needed.  I have set aside the budget to cover the next six months, but these servers are not too much, as I said.  The point is that maybe the person who owned the website you were looking at simply went broke and could not do a thing to stop it. 

VenMiner

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:46:02 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 03:56:09 PM by VenMiner

Hi guys,  Wink how powerful should be the computer where the node runs? specifications?
i´m asking becouse i have a I3 2gb ram that i don´t use, if you guys teach me how to set up a node i can put the pc to work for our coin.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: