Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:27:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in India? Not for a LOOOOONG time.  (Read 14667 times)
BTCBinary

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 04:43:43 AM

India is the worlds biggest democracy. There are a lot of cryptocurrency companies in india,
So I'm positive about the future of digital currencies in the country.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 05:11:53 AM

Indian government will not allow bitcoins for so easily to use reason is simple they can't track the transactions and and also can't collect the taxes for these transactions. This was the reason even paypal is exit the India. Paypal didn't agree to pay the taxes for transactions so Indian government didn't allow them to operate in India. It looks like in near future may not happen any things but if bitcoins gain more popularity around the world than they may consider.

The current governor of the Reserve Bank of India (Raghuram Rajan) was the mastermind behind driving Paypal out of India. The Indian tax authorities are insane. They are going after middle-class and lower-middle class people, while allowing the high net worth individuals to engage in tax evasions. They have forcibly closed down many of the local bitcoin exchanges. Bitcoin-based businesses are not allowed to open bank accounts. The red tape and bureaucracy is just unbearable. Horrible country, horrible people.
I think it will happen fast. The world is becoming more digital and that is quite good. I hope that it will be more popular also.
And that more countries is going to use it. But you never know about the value. It is hard to predict.

I totally agree that till the politician are their bitcoin technology to india is very hard in every technology they want their profit, and in bitcoin they cannot control it and tax problem. Their are users of Bitcoin and you can see the so many traders are their in localbitcoin site who are mostly from india . So their are peoples who have knowledge and knew the potential of bitcoin. It will take time but we will see India also emerging in Bitcoin Technology very soon.

Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:23:37 AM

India is including a large country with a very high population. we need to spread the bitcoin in india. This is very important. for accelarate adoption
Invulner

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Invulner

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:28:27 AM

Yes, because India has so many people to educate! Also, they have no need for BTC, unlike Chinese citizens which commonly use it to cashout their CNY.

India might have the same amount of people that know about Bitcoins compared to the USA, but the percentage might be only 1%-2% of the population.
pneumatic5

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 08:13:03 PM

India is including a large country with a very high population. we need to spread the bitcoin in india. This is very important. for accelarate adoption

Yeah, and even the small proportion of population adopts bitcoin then it can create a huge difference in overall users of bitcoin as the population is high it will add more value to the bitcoins.

mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:48:59 PM

We are back from a long trip to India and Nepal.  If wanted I can share pics with those interested.

I see that "not much" that I can see has happened in "Bitcoinistan" since I left.

I will mention that NO ONE has heard of Bitcoin save ONE person in our tour group (18 of us total). 

Bitcoin may be BIG in China, but not in India (certainly not Nepal, now under a fuel embargo by India -- complicated).

India IS progressing faster than I woulod have guessed, they have seen the light re infrastructure (and other things to advance, you know, things like economic freedom, etc.) and of course a relatively tranquil democracy.  But, BTC ain't ready for primetime there.  Pity.

I play xbox live with a huge group of gamers mostly from America and not one of them had heard of bitcoin either got two of them hooked now after a long time explaining.

So this pretty much sums up everything that reinforces op`s statement.

If its not being aware in our own country like u.s then it will be less likely in another country. Esp when we have more u.s venture bitcoin start ups esp in the u.s it still has to penetrate here 1st.

most of the twitch audience heard of it, but wont go any deeper then the mt.gox incident pricing or being a scam.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 12:35:56 AM

High population, but significantly poor.
They might bring in the numbers, but not necessarily the dollars/ruppees.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:35:12 AM

Its because people in India don't believe in technology much rather than the human physical work. Now it seems more users are coming into it and started earning through bitcoin. But high profile traders are found in India than other countries.
jokerrj

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 09:06:33 PM

I have a friend in India who is working with top IT company, but when I asked him about bitcoin, he was totally blank and that gave me idea that it will take long time for India to adopt bitcoins.

Looking for a long term signature campaign. Pm me
Indianacoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 09:25:09 PM

Actually the present scenario is that most Indians do not prefer to adopt virtual currencies where liquidity is the main reason behind its support.

I am from India and I have seen very few of my peers showed interest when I tried to explain them bout it in details.
They just call it "magic internet money" and start mocking me.

A few of them starts going deeper and when they hear about the recent controversies about bitcoin they tend to avoid the topic and start hoping for everything to settle down before reaching out again.

Overall, I guess the present generation is too ignorant about it. Lets wait and see what happens to the newer gen.
kartaggen

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 09:48:58 PM

I am from India, and I don't see any major development in my country when it comes to bitcoins, people are just busy in using fiat and credit cards, and if we tell them about bitcoins, they just start laughing and say that these type of currency will not survive in future  Angry
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 10:42:29 PM

My guess is that most people where I am (rural America) either haven't heard of bitcoin or have heard of it but don't really know what it is.  It's probably the same all over the world.
kacak41

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 09:05:10 AM

My guess is that most people where I am (rural America) either haven't heard of bitcoin or have heard of it but don't really know what it is.  It's probably the same all over the world.

That's true we are facing same problem everywhere, in my country people have heard about bitcoins but haven't used it, as they are not getting any guidance from the people who are using it, and we know that getting into bitcoins needs initial guidance and give proper knowledge related to bitcoins.
partysaurus

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 09:21:00 AM

I have a friend in India who is working with top IT company, but when I asked him about bitcoin, he was totally blank and that gave me idea that it will take long time for India to adopt bitcoins.

top it company and dont know about bitcoins? how is that even possible. india top it companys are a joke confirmed Tongue
doctor877

Activity: 896
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 10:23:51 AM

I think not many are aware about bitcoins, and even if they are aware they will never tell people around them that they are earning with bitcoins, and its a human nature, on one side we want user adoption and on the other side we don't want that people should start earning in bitcoins  as we are earning it  Angry
KiwiParty

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:10:20 PM

Yeah, and even the small proportion of population adopts bitcoin then it can create a huge difference in overall users of bitcoin as the population is high it will add more value to the bitcoins.

Just that a lot of people are going to use BTC, won't increase its value automatically.
On a pragmatic viewpoint yes, but not in terms of market capitalization.
Here is were the second markets kick in. All stuff related to BTC, but not BTC itself.
Sites, which host exchange and wallet services, mining sites, mining equipment, just everything.
And I doubt India in its current view of cryptocurrency is going to add substantially to it.
People in India might not make the most smart impression on us western citizens,
but they know how to earn money, if its possible.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 07:11:13 AM

India is the worlds biggest democracy. There are a lot of cryptocurrency companies in india,
So I'm positive about the future of digital currencies in the country.

Though India is world's biggest democracy, with various cryptocurrencies the adoption of Bitcoin is very low. The reason I found is most companies initially grow and in a short time everything gets shut down with loss to the people.
faridkifly

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 06:36:55 AM

maybe soon they will know bitcoin.
in fact that was not a matter of race. but it is the person, if they want to open their eyes of virtual currency they will know as soon as possible
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 08:18:46 AM

India is not really good with the technology side of the world. They are better for their factories and industrial stuff.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 08:48:05 AM

Smart phone penetration is 20% already in India and 2nd largest smart phone market in the world:

http://qz.com/608005/india-has-overtaken-the-us-to-become-the-worlds-second-largest-smartphone-market/

I will penetrate India with crypto currency. They key is giving them a reason to use it on their smart phones. It has to relate to what they want to use their smart phones for.

It won't be a "LOOOOONG time". The shift will be quite rapid once it begins.

Who cares about Bitcoin, it is dying.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: