Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:38:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The maximum bitcoin you have in total till now  (Read 11358 times)
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:45:21 PM

At one point I had over 10,000 BTC in my BCS&T account.  Do I get some sort of prize?

Are you the one who pay for the pizza?

No, he is the one that got arrested by the US authorities, unfortunately!
More info you can find here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934268.0

Soo you may be the new healthy people that bitcoin has changed a life,but well there is just some people with such ammount ,but i believe you sold the most and now smiling with the easy money made with bitcoin.I may say you had the vision and well you lucky enought to have some part of those atleast or having fun with the fiat you earned with them.

Mate I suggest that you read once again at least some parts of the thread that I left! He wasn't that lucky whatsoever even though he had about 10,000 BTCs at the certain moment of the time!
I lost almost all of the 10,000 BTC in the collapse of BCS&T.

Then I recovered some by trading BTC on various exchanges.  I managed to avoid losing any in the collapse of Mt. Gox.  I did move a small amount of my trading onto localbitcoins.com just for fun and to meet other people interested in Bitcoins.

Due to my trading activity on localbitcoins.com I was investigated by Homeland Security for 18 months.  At the end of 18 months of so called "investigation" the agent assigned to my case still did not know what my business did (electrical engineering, easy to just use Google) or had not discovered that my wife is in fact an attorney (also very easy to find out).  Not much of an investigator.

They did several undercover operations where they bought and sold Bitcoins from me at various coffee shops and recorded the transactions on video.  They spent a lot of money on the investigation and the undercover operations and found nothing having to do with what they were looking for:  drugs and/or money laundering.

Because they had spent so much money already they then decided to arrest me anyway for the only thing they could dream up:  "operating a business without a license" - which caries a five year prison sentence if you are convicted.  They threw me in solitary confinement to try and break me, seized all my computers, seized all the Bitcoins and cash they found in my home at my corporate office and even at my client's offices.

After 9 months of negotiations with my attorney they dropped all the charges but only after I was forced to "donate" $40,000 in cash and $40,000 in Bitcoins to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund.

The whole fiasco cost me almost $300,000 in attorney fees, forfeiture, lost work, lost clients, replacement computers, etc.

I still have some BTC but I am having to use them to pay off the debt (loans from friends and family and credit cards, second mortgage on the house, etc.)

You can read all about it here:

www.burtw.com
www.jmwagner.com

So, yes, Bitcoin has changed my life.  I would never have gotten to experience Federal prison without them.

Well this is why bitcoin isnt more popular because governments acts against it since the boom,when it were worthing pennies no one cary about it then they act against it,what a story sorry for the jail because be a honest person with some lucky.
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 10:24:10 AM

The maximum in total is 2BTC, which i bought through bitcoin exchanges.
betohell

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 10:42:28 AM

Maximum amount i hold at a time ever is just ~0.2 Because, i'll spend it and i cannot hold for a long time as i've more needs
of course you cannot continue to hold
but if you could. spend some of the money and hold/save the majority will be better

bitraine

Activity: 348

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 11:00:15 AM

the max bitcoins that i owned in my wallet was 0.032 btc,  now i only have 0.005 btc i think thats enough to keep in long term. coz i hope someday that 1 satoshi will  valued 1 cent.
bennybong

Activity: 682

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 11:16:30 AM

I know I've sold over BTC450. I think at one point I had BTC125 in a single wallet. But that was only worth about $900 at the time!
bitraine

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 11:28:11 AM

I know I've sold over BTC450. I think at one point I had BTC125 in a single wallet. But that was only worth about $900 at the time!

do you still have that amount of btc? if so  then you are a wealthy gentlemen. since 21million btc is not enough to 7billion people when mass adoption happen
bennybong

Activity: 682

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 11:34:59 AM

do you still have that amount of btc? if so  then you are a wealthy gentlemen. since 21million btc is not enough to 7billion people when mass adoption happen

God no I wish I did. I still hold some coins and still buy them. But I cashed out my last heap when the hit like $1200. Spent most of it on booze, holidays and women. The rest I squandered! Wink
bitraine

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 11:58:53 AM

God no I wish I did. I still hold some coins and still buy them. But I cashed out my last heap when the hit like $1200. Spent most of it on booze, holidays and women. The rest I squandered! Wink
[/quote]

your still lucky. spending those coins living a happy life than others that got scammed and got hacked
Broggi

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:07:09 PM

A few year ago i bought 20 BTC for 15 $ each coin. I spent them on different thing like hardware etc. when the price was about 40 $. And i selled 10 BTC while the prica was above 150 $. I was really happy about this win but when you see that the price goes above 1000 $ just a few week later you get a bit thoughtful. Now i only own ~1 BTC Cheesy
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 07:25:49 PM

I would like to know how much bitcoin you have as highest amount till now.

I used to have 0.60BTC on around 2 month ago. Which is the highest amount i have.
just have .006BTC for now,its just some stock for top up my mobile phone,and i can't remember how much bitcoin i have,i'm not sure.
if i can ask you,how you get that 0.60BTC ?are gambler or trader?

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 01:11:56 AM

Homeland Security seized a bunch but I have a few left.

Sorry for that loss.
I guess the whole incident did more damage to you than just the forfeiture tho.
It was a disgusting (and revealing) episode by anyone's standards...

goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:30:46 PM

I would like to know how much bitcoin you have as highest amount till now.

I used to have 0.60BTC on around 2 month ago. Which is the highest amount i have.
just have .006BTC for now,its just some stock for top up my mobile phone,and i can't remember how much bitcoin i have,i'm not sure.
if i can ask you,how you get that 0.60BTC ?are gambler or trader?

why you have only like that. Dont they pay you large with your signature campaign? or you withdraw it after payment? Bitcoin is growing i myself did the wring thing for withdrawing it early.
TuLines

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 04:39:54 PM

I had a little over BTC1,000 then lost most in the MyBitcoin & Mt. Gox incidences. I hold under BTC20 at any time now.
goinmerry
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:59:00 PM

I had a little over BTC1,000 then lost most in the MyBitcoin & Mt. Gox incidences. I hold under BTC20 at any time now.

How did that happen? Is that a wallet site? That is a lot of bitcoin and is a big lost. I just couldnt think of sonething that I will do if I lost that much.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 05:36:53 PM

If I recall correctly I had 160BTC in my wallet somewhere in 2012. I remember I sold most of them at $40. Think about back then Bitcoin hasn't used by a lot of people. Now everybody know Bitcoin, even if they don't use.

Sucks for the pizza guy.
How can someone live after making a mistake like that, lol.

Without the pizza guy, maybe Bitcoin never became what it is today?
User "laszlo" made the first real-world transaction – he bought 2 pizzas for 10,000 BTC. And he will be forever remembered for this. Imagine if you have 10.000 bitcoins right now. You will be millionaire.
In the future we can have similar situation where 1 BTC could be worth $10.000. - That is why it is so exiting to be part of bitcoin community.
TuLines

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 06:03:34 PM

How did that happen? Is that a wallet site? That is a lot of bitcoin and is a big lost. I just couldnt think of sonething that I will do if I lost that much.

Yes... About the MyBitcoin Theft that effected me:
Time: Unknown time in July 2011 (claimed it was a process)
Victim: MyBitcoin & customers
Status: Thief unknown, planned shutdown suspected (disputed theft)
Suspects: “Tom Williams”, likely pseudonym (founder of MyBitcoin)
Amount: Exactly 78739.58205388 BTC
Equivalent USD: 1110544 $ (wt. avg, definitely >$1M, rounded to nearest $)
Equivalent in June 2013 BTC: 10600 BTC
Transaction information: none
Little information was released about the MyBitcoin theft, however, many argue that Tom Williams ran it as a scam (and was not a theft per se). In terms of both dollars and bitcoins, this was by far the largest theft, however, it is possible it was simply a scam. Although MyBitcoin offered to release its code as a gift to the community, it failed to follow through on that promise. In the months ensuing, some evidence has been uncovered supporting mortgage broker Bruce Wagner; however, any evidence is inconclusive.

The theft resulted in the closure of MyBitcoin, which was once a successful Bitcoin company in Bitcoin's early days.

Source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83794.0#post_mybitcoin_theft
goinmerry
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 09:35:08 AM

Little information was released about the MyBitcoin theft, however, many argue that Tom Williams ran it as a scam (and was not a theft per se). In terms of both dollars and bitcoins, this was by far the largest theft, however, it is possible it was simply a scam. Although MyBitcoin offered to release its code as a gift to the community, it failed to follow through on that promise. In the months ensuing, some evidence has been uncovered supporting mortgage broker Bruce Wagner; however, any evidence is inconclusive.

The theft resulted in the closure of MyBitcoin, which was once a successful Bitcoin company in Bitcoin's early days.

That  is a lot of money. The demon might have possessed him and said that he should run and take all the money. Sorry for your lost my friend.  I just really dont know how I will get up from that.
Kingno.1

Activity: 243

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 09:56:48 AM

Thi maximum amount of bitcoins i had with me at once was 0.15btc. Then i used that to gamble online and lost all of it
tobacco123

Activity: 552

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 10:02:15 AM

I am having 0.20503 BTC at the moment and that's my max... hoping to gain more and my goal is 1BTC!

equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 10:10:32 AM

That  is a lot of money. The demon might have possessed him and said that he should run and take all the money. Sorry for your lost my friend.  I just really dont know how I will get up from that.

i cannot think of loosing that much now, but ya in that day it was a mere very less value so it was no affect to you, but today if you think about that much bitcoins lost then you will surely finish you life,

my maximum i got is 0.45 bitcoins and i lost around 0.35 bitcoins in bustabit and i cashed out 0.1 when last time it hit above $400, now i am collecting back the bitcoins through signature campaign, and trying not to play with that, but it is pushing me to play. lollllll
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: