Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 12:26:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New BIP submission  (Read 856 times)
HappyComplex (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 03:38:30 PM

Does anyone know where I can submit a new BIP proposal?

It is BIP69 and it follows a 3.50-69-420 plan

Immediate increase up to 3.50 on the first of the month

Followed by increase to 69MB at the third block reward halving in ~2020

Then increase to final cap of 420MB at fourth block reward halving in 2024

BIP69 is aggressive, but we can all agree it is obviously the best plan.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 03:51:17 PM

Are you serious? don't bother, such insane block size increase would only turn nodes into a big mess perfect for datacenters to control and centralized Bitcoin. If you are still serious anyway.. you have all the info here:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin_Improvement_Proposals
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4528

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 07:47:46 PM

course he aint serious..
the numbers 69, 420 are the punchline to his immature joke.
give it a while and his obvious teenage brain farts will come up with a 100mb limit..
"keepin it 100"

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:05:53 PM

this boy is having a laugh, 69mb on the 3rd block.  go spend more time promoting what we have and the good things about bitcoin other than waste peoples time reading this dung  Angry
HappyComplex (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:35:17 PM

course he aint serious..
give it a while and his obvious teenage brain farts will come up with a 100mb limit..
"keepin it 100"

This was a serious proposal.  You forgot to mention the first increase to tree fiddy on da first of da month.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4528

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:43:22 PM

course he aint serious..
"keepin it 100"

This was a serious proposal.  You forgot to mention the first increase to tree fiddy on da first of da month.

i guess im too old to keep up with all the immature trends you drug induced teens use

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:45:35 PM

Oh yeah, real nice bro, 69 and 420, this is definitely not a joke. Btw, nice joke. This guy is just having a little laugh about this. Not real for sure, the limit right now is 1mb they are not going to increase it by over 50mb. But good luck anyway.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:47:24 PM

I cant tell if this is legit or troll...

The obvious troll is in the numbers 69 and 420, please, go spread your shit on the off-topic section.

69 mb blocks? Sure, many people could fit many txes in a block that big, but why would you need one that big? Max in my opinion would be 8. But even then, that would encourage people to make no-fee transactions. I like bitcoin just as it is.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Cuidler

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:48:12 PM

course he aint serious..
"keepin it 100"

If its serious, so what is so special about these three odd numbers? And yes, any link to your BIP proposal?

BIP69 is aggressive, but we can all agree it is obviously the best plan.

Roll Eyes

On second thought, I think I really replied to troll post

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
HappyComplex (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:15:33 PM

I cant tell if this is legit or troll...

The obvious troll is in the numbers 69 and 420, please, go spread your shit on the off-topic section.

69 mb blocks? Sure, many people could fit many txes in a block that big, but why would you need one that big? Max in my opinion would be 8. But even then, that would encourage people to make no-fee transactions. I like bitcoin just as it is.

You forgot to mention the initial increase to tree fiddy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83bkpkCQu2Q

BIP101 would have us at 64MB at time of 3rd block reward halving then 1024MB at time of 4th block reward halving.

BIP69 would be 69MB then maximum 420MB.

BIP69 is LESS aggressive than BIP101.  I think we can all agree BIP69 is a good compromise.
Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:44:07 PM

course he aint serious..
"keepin it 100"

This doesn't really seem like a real proposal. Like your wording and stuff seems pretty professional but the 2 numbers, 69 and 420 are pretty childish.
HappyComplex (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 11:23:43 PM

course he aint serious..
"keepin it 100"

This doesn't really seem like a real proposal. Like your wording and stuff seems pretty professional but the 2 numbers, 69 and 420 are pretty childish.

If BIP101 (a worse proposal) is accepted as a real proposal, then BIP69 is a real proposal too.

Visa is doing about 2000 transactions per second

BIP101 maxes out at 8GB, which is about 28000 transactions per second

BIP69 maxes out at 420MB, which is about 1500 transactions per second

Why does BIP101 bloat all the way up to 28k transactions per second?  Is this necessary?

BIP69 hits the sweet spot with maximum blocksize reaching 420MB around the year 2024.  This will allow for roughly the same transaction capacity as Visa
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 11:31:20 PM

course he aint serious..
"keepin it 100"

If BIP101 (a worse proposal) is accepted as a real proposal, then BIP69 is a real proposal too.

Visa is doing about 2000 transactions per second

BIP101 maxes out at 8GB, which is about 28000 transactions per second

BIP69 maxes out at 420MB, which is about 1500 transactions per second

Why does BIP101 bloat all the way up to 28k transactions per second?  Is this necessary?

BIP69 hits the sweet spot with maximum blocksize reaching 420MB around the year 2024.  This will allow for roughly the same transaction capacity as Visa

Just for laughs: Publish your BIP here before you send it to the dev-list...
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 11:33:42 PM

That's actually funny. But actually, as other people have said, spam somewhere else. The Bitcoin Discussion board is for serious bitcoin questions, like "DO YOU HAVE ! BITCOIN?" :3
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 08:57:22 AM

really ...satoshi should have left the whole limit, unlimited like it was at the beginning, without restricting it at 1, now we would not face any problem and everything would work without waiting for the magical consensus
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 11:02:22 AM

really ...satoshi should have left the whole limit, unlimited like it was at the beginning, without restricting it at 1, now we would not face any problem and everything would work without waiting for the magical consensus

Limit will be raised in no time. Just wait until we hit about 80% of full blocks, devs, community and everyone will get so scared that we will raise a limit in no time.

Little fear is all you need sometimes!
HappyComplex (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 09:36:09 PM

I believe hard fork fear is blown out of proportion.

They were able to get 90% of hash power to sit together on the same stage at scaling bitcoin.  Everyone agreed the limit needed to be raised.

Doesn't seem like it would be hard to get those ~10 guys to all run software with tree fiddy MB blocksize limit.  Then the whole rest of the community follows suit and runs the same software.  Hard fork would be done no problem.  

Then fork it up to original satoshi limit of 32MB eventually and leave it at that.
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 10:08:23 PM

Are you serious? don't bother, such insane block size increase would only turn nodes into a big mess perfect for datacenters to control and centralized Bitcoin. If you are still serious anyway.. you have all the info here:

I didn't know that anyone could propose Bitcoin improvement. I think that BIP69 is a bad idea, at least at the moment.
HappyComplex (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 10:47:38 PM

I didn't know that anyone could propose Bitcoin improvement. I think that BIP69 is a bad idea, at least at the moment.

BIP69 was actually already proposed.

Therefore, I am renaming my BIP to BIP6969
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: