Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 11:30:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ether as an investment?  (Read 2007 times)
BlackJacky (OP)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 03:40:59 PM

Hi folks,

what do you think about Ether (ethereum network) as an investment. I think Jeff Garzik mentioned, that he wouldnt consider Ethereum as an investment. What do you think?

Thanks
RiOtT

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:18:26 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2015, 04:51:56 PM by RiOtT

The future for Ethereum looks good, but Bitcoin's looks better. I personally buy Ether all the time but get out of it quickly. I mainly use it to increase my bitcoins, and that probably goes for a lot of people. Bitcoin's popularity is soaring right now, Ether - not so much, so would you rather own Ether or Bitcoin? That's the only question you need to ask yourself. Keep in mind exchanges are starting to kick low volume altcoins which will pretty much seal their fate, but as long as the volume of Ether stays high it should still be fine to own it. Just be warned there is a TON of ETHER, it's new, and there is a ton of whales ready to unload at a moments notice thus crashing the price. Plus the average person getting into bitcoin won't even glance at Ether nor would careless about it. That may change in the future though. Who knows.
jack3rror

Activity: 94
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:22:12 PM

Jeff wants to accumulate before you understand It was a good move.

SOLO Mining pool : soloblocks.io
Your farm needs us.
ed89217

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:27:43 PM

The ether market's like the litecoin market, it's very thin and doesn't take much to push it up or down. You can make or lose 10% or more in a day when bitcoin's flat. Buying ether's comparable to buying bitcoin on leverage.
interbtc

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:29:19 PM

I won't suggest ether for investment, its an altcoin and all its market value might be manipulated by developers or investors so no one know when it will crash, since bitcoin is already rising up so better stay with bitcoin , its a good investment and we may see more growth this month.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:57:48 PM

i had the same question some time ago, and i decided to not invest into Ether. The reason is, ETH has a very high coin inflation rate and that is always bad for price development. The more coin are in circulation, the less people are ready to pay for a coin.
The only chance to make profit is, when ETH become a big think, but i doubt it.
jack3rror

Activity: 94
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:21:43 PM

Ethereum has a high growing rate so people might better use their coins to invest or buy some things instead of keeping them working in a marketplace.
So maybe at this price, ether is a better investment than bitcoin.

SOLO Mining pool : soloblocks.io
Your farm needs us.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 06:04:18 PM

Jeff wants to accumulate before you understand It was a good move.

was ICO
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:43:32 PM

Inflation rate

https://blog.ethereum.org/2014/04/10/the-issuance-model-in-ethereum/

kindcrypto

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:57:13 PM

I believe ether is a good long term investment. Probably short-term to right now, considering the low price.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: