Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 10:10:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where's the money, Lebowski?  (Read 8737 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2015, 06:26:33 PM

Sure. These things take time. Just checking in, seeing if I missed the 2 million dollar beta of our new bbs forum software.
Oh, since you're in the loop, how will the beta interact with this, the legacy forum? Share the database?

Happy New Year!
Smiley
Missed 2 million? Nothing is missed, theymos has the right to do whatever he wants with that money. ATM all the data from this forum has been transferred to the Beta. However, I'm not sure how it is going to work while both forums are active (Beta being public and this forum still being mainly used), but eventually it should merge into a single one.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 6663

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2015, 06:32:37 PM

Does the beta happen to be at https://beta.bitcointalk.org/?

I tried logging in but I got this error:
Account Migration Not Complete, Please Reset Password

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2015, 06:37:05 PM

Does the beta happen to be at https://beta.bitcointalk.org/?

I tried logging in but I got this error:
Account Migration Not Complete, Please Reset Password
Yes. I'm not sure if it is possible for people that have not been chosen (e.g. currently staff members) to log in right now. IIRC everyone who wants to participate in the Beta will have to reset their password anyways.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 08:35:18 PM

I was able to login however it does not appear to be updated/live and my posts seem to not be migrated.
RobRoyder (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 10:16:12 PM

Sure. These things take time. Just checking in, seeing if I missed the 2 million dollar beta of our new bbs forum software.
Oh, since you're in the loop, how will the beta interact with this, the legacy forum? Share the database?

Happy New Year!
Smiley
Missed 2 million? Nothing is missed, theymos has the right to do whatever he wants with that money.
1. "if I missed the 2 million dollar beta" != 2 million dollars is missing. Parsing error.
2. Been covered, start here.

ATM all the data from this forum has been transferred to the Beta. However, I'm not sure how it is going to work while both forums are active (Beta being public and this forum still being mainly used), but eventually it should merge into a single one.
Yeah, just fired it up in TOR browser. Feel sorry for competing forum software, almost unfair how good it is. Now I see where all the money went.

http://s11.postimg.org/b2ck16m83/Capture.png

@knightdk: Create a new user, that works fine.

And will likely do so for the foreseeable future.
Wrong. I'm using the new software right now. Stop trolling because you have no evidence to back up such claims.
So. Lying through your teeth? Smiley
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 11:29:28 PM

Wasn't aware that the beta was live! Looking good so far Smiley Does the database update from time to time, or are you manually updating things just for testing? Is it possible to start using the beta version regularly?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2015, 11:54:53 PM

And will likely do so for the foreseeable future.
Wrong. I'm using the new software right now. Stop trolling because you have no evidence to back up such claims.
So. Lying through your teeth? Smiley
Everybody lies. However, in this case I'm not.

Wasn't aware that the beta was live! Looking good so far Smiley Does the database update from time to time, or are you manually updating things just for testing? Is it possible to start using the beta version regularly?
The updates are manual. Importing from the servers that the current forum is using is not as easy as it sounds (without downtime).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 12:19:43 AM

I'll wait the official 'release' before try epochtalk, I don't feel comfortable to put my access data there or to reset the password (I started the procedure but after I've deleted the email). However, happy new year to all you.
RobRoyder (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 12:36:00 AM

[...]
Everybody lies. However, in this case I'm not.

So, by "using it now," you meant what, exactly? Databases aren't synched, most of the stuff doesn't work, most of the posts don't display, so useless for its intended purpose. What were you doing with it?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 10:21:54 AM

So, by "using it now," you meant what, exactly? Databases aren't synched, most of the stuff doesn't work, most of the posts don't display, so useless for its intended purpose. What were you doing with it?
The database sync was a few months back; constantly migrating the data would be redundant since it was not going to be used by almost anyone. "Most of the stuff doesn't work" is just wrong.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
RobRoyder (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 02:20:57 PM

The database sync was a few months back; constantly migrating the data would be redundant since it was not going to be used by almost anyone.
b ..buht...
[...] ATM all the data from this forum has been transferred to the Beta.
Huh
"Most of the stuff doesn't work" is just wrong.
-Half of the posts don't display: http://s30.postimg.org/yrzysgeg1/Capture.png
-Search doesn't work.
-quotes/links in messages 404.
-database doesn't synch.
-text doesn't parse right in editor.
TL;DR: unusable as forum software. As expected.
[...] Everything is better than SMF. Stop trolling. It is pretty obvious that envy is present here.
OIC.

Happy New Year Smiley
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 03:17:35 PM

The updates are manual. Importing from the servers that the current forum is using is not as easy as it sounds (without downtime).

All right, thank you. I guess I'll wait a bit more before using it. Obvious not easy to copy a live server... Cheesy
RobRoyder (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:43:29 PM

Dear mods: It is my understanding that I'm allowed to bump my own thread once every 24 hrs, as long as its subject remains unresolved.
Kindly refrain from deleting posts you feel are too terse/you do not like/don't understand.
ty
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 06:09:27 PM

Dear mods: It is my understanding that I'm allowed to bump my own thread once every 24 hrs, as long as its subject remains unresolved.

As long as the subject wasn't trash to begin with, and more participation increases it, and its not trolling. I don't think you meet any of the requirements to 24hr bump this thread.

almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 01:21:39 AM

Came across this interesting thread by accident.

Couple of years later, https://beta.bitcointalk.org/ is up, but no migration still?
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5222
Merit: 13026

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:37:47 PM

Couple of years later, https://beta.bitcointalk.org/ is up, but no migration still?

beta.bitcointalk.org has advanced a lot since then. Work continues. I think that technically it would be possible to migrate ~now -- the database migration code has already been written --, but I want to be absolutely sure that there will be no issues. (It'd be nice if there was more beta participation...)

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 08:35:04 AM

beta.bitcointalk.org has advanced a lot since then. Work continues. I think that technically it would be possible to migrate ~now -- the database migration code has already been written --, but I want to be absolutely sure that there will be no issues. (It'd be nice if there was more beta participation...)

I don't think that many people are aware of the new forums, maybe launching an official beta testing event could help recruiting more users.
(Suggestion: They can also be more interested if they could earn few cents for every bug reported.)

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: