Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:22:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: asking for help  (Read 685 times)
Lurk (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 06:26:23 PM

I would like to ask for a little bit of help getting myself out of debt.

I posted a loan earlier with the intent on gambling again. I'm pretty desperate and worried about how I'm going to come up with the money to pay back my loans.

The loan is cancelled and I realize taking that risk again will not help me in the long term.  I will just lose again and feel worse.

There is a lot of negative things going on in my life right now and I guess gambling is an escape. I don't have to think about the bad while i'm gambling.

I was doing really well not gambling for awhile and i'm not going to let this miner set back get in my way of recovery.

I'm not going to have a pity party and cry about the direction my life has taken in recent months but I could really use some stress relief.  I've gotten myself into some financial trouble and want nothing more than to pay back what I've lost.

everyday the price of bitcoin goes higher and higher  making payback seem like an unreachable goal. Desperation is sinking in and its hard not to gamble.

Along with the holidays my birthday is coming up. Both cause a fair amount of stress due to the fact that I have no money to buy gifts and i am worse off this year than i have been in 10 years.   Things will get better, they always do but right now i could really use a hand trying to pick myself back up.

If anyone wants to chat or give me advice I'm open to speak through P.M.

If anyone is in a position that they can donate even a small amount I would be extremely grateful. I need to start seeing the light at the end of this debt tunnel. 

I could also use a little help if anyone just wants to P.M. and remind me how stupid gambling is.

Thanks anyone in advance for financial and/or moral support.

Look forward to talking to some of you.
                                          John
1FQaDrhsjUBkBKAXJckgHiLvVjuAUWGaj6
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 10:08:11 PM

"Gambling is one of the finest things a man can do, IF he is good at it" - Krusty the clown's agent

I have friends in the same boat, My honest advice, Don't fight it, You will do well for a while, And lack of rolling the dice will send you into a frenzy, Work out what you have comeing in, Work out what you need to survive (Inc debt repayment)  Sell any assets you can live without (be harsh on yourself) Then the rest, Gamble small and controll yourself. "quitters never quit" is my line here.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 10:30:36 PM

I'm not going to address the gambling itself - I'm sure you've heard it all before. 

You need to start looking at ways of dealing with the stuff which is causing you to want to escape - until you deal with that shit, you're likely to just replace one form of escapism with another even if you stop gambling.  Maybe the most productive thing you can do right now is start looking for resources to help you start dealing with the negative things which you're trying to avoid thinking about.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Fjordbit

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 03:40:50 PM

"Gambling is one of the finest things a man can do, IF he is good at it" - Krusty the clown's agent

I have friends in the same boat, My honest advice, Don't fight it, You will do well for a while, And lack of rolling the dice will send you into a frenzy, Work out what you have coming in, Work out what you need to survive (Inc debt repayment)  Sell any assets you can live without (be harsh on yourself) Then the rest, Gamble small and control yourself. "quitters never quit" is my line here.

This could probably go either way. No gambling eventually gets you depressed and thinking about all the money could could be winning. If you gamble a little, then it reminds you that it's not so easy to double up, but then there's the temptation to try to win back what you lost.

However, I agree that putting say $20 a month to it may work. It's enough to keep you realizing that it's not so easy to just win your way to millions, but if you go into it saying that it's going to be a loss then you might not get the urge to try to win it back. I'm not really sure though as I've never been addicted to gambling. It kind of sounds like "smoke only 3 cigarettes" which doesn't seem feasible to me either.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: