Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:58:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY CANT I GET A REP!?  (Read 1608 times)
dirtyBizcuit (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 06:35:00 PM

This is my first post on this forum, unfortunatly the reason for my registering and the thread, is because I made a transaction to put some BTC on my account three days ago and ive yet to recieve them. Now i take full responsablity for having made the initial mistake with an invalid BTC address, but since catching the mistake immediatly after the transaction, i sent a email to supprt, after 24 hours or so a rep contacted me via email to inform me that the correct address has been received, and the coins will be funded to my account with in the ' next couple of hours'.. that was about 36 hours ago now.

Ive called the support number dozens of times all through out this morning, this is supposed to business hours correct? Ive sent three emails asking for a status, and also included the blockchain info link to my address, that does not show my transaction. Im posting here in the hopes of having Yankee or another support team member actualy care about my issue and maaybe, just maybe get my btc to me.

Im not one bash people or businesses, but this is terrible customer service. I would think seeing how large bitinstant is, that they would have some kind of standard set for their work ethic, Not that i expected to have them run to my beck and call over the weekend, but its not half way through the work day, and ive yet to get any kind of response since the coins where to be in my account "in the next couple of hours".

If i seem rude or hostile, I assure you this is not my intent. I simply would like to speak to a rep , or yankee him self.. and doing so has come to seem next to impossible. I sincerely hope the support team here sees this and would be so kind as to contact me. Thank you very much.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 07:42:03 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2012, 08:49:19 PM by DannyHamilton

. . . If i seem rude or hostile, I assure you this is not my intent . . .
Of course not.  If you wanted to be rude or hostile you would have used a title something like "BitInstant Help Please"
Those rude and hostile people who forget to shout at people.

Only a polite person would create a title that is all CAPITAL LETTERS and followed with an exclamation mark. Polite people know that it is most polite to shout at people.

And if you really wanted to be rude and hostile, your post would have said something like,

"I've been trying to work with BitInstant support through phone and email but the response has been slower than I'd like.  I'm adding a post here looking for assistance in hopes that someone from BitInstant will see it and it will expedite resolution of an issue I am having.  If Yankee or some other member of the BitInstant team could please acknowledge this post, it would really be appreciated.  I made a mistake when entering my bitcoin address, and while support has assured me after talking to them on the phone about it that I'd be receiving my bitcoin in the correct address within a few hours, I haven't yet received after 36 hours.  I'm just looking for confirmation that my issue hasn't been forgotten and some reliable indication of how soon I might receive the bitcoin.  Thank you in advance for your attention to my issue"

A polite person knows to to use rhetorical accusatory questions like "this is supposed to be business hours, correct?" Polite people also know that a phrase like "maybe, just maybe" demonstrates confidence and is in no way hostile.  One of the most polite things a person can do is state the obvious, such as saying "this is terrible customer service".  Nobody would realize otherwise.  There is nothing hostile in the phrase "I would think they would have some kind of standard set for their work ethic."

I do hope Yankee or someone at BitInstant sees your post and addresses your issue quickly, but if you intend to be rude and hostile about it, why do you bother stating that it isn't your intent?  And if you are bashing people and business, why do you bother saying that you aren't one to do that?  Clearly you are.
dirtyBizcuit (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 07:55:53 PM

Look friend, if you are not a support rep, this thread does not apply to you. So save your very detailed and critical sarcasm for some one else.

for any one that feels the same as this charactor, i suppose what i meant is that i typically am not rude or hostile, but after two days of being in the dark, i am now begging to get a bit worked up. Over and out. Seeing as how ive now PM'd yankee directly, i will try to remove this post, seeing as how its such an eye sore for the hero member that was so kind as to give me that wonderful little speach of his.
dirtyBizcuit (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 07:57:29 PM

Ok cant delete it, MOD please remove this, thank you.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 08:12:54 PM

. . . i suppose what i meant is that i typically am not rude or hostile . . .
Ah, I see.  Well you are off to a good start at getting back to your old non-rude, non-hostile self.

. . .save your very detailed and critical sarcasm for some one else. . .
. . .any one that feels the same as this charactor. . .
. . .the hero member that was so kind as to give me that wonderful little speach of his. . .
Wink
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 08:18:35 PM

. . . if you are not a support rep, this thread does not apply to you. . .
And if your post had a more useful and informative title, I probably would have realized that before I bothered clicking on it.  It wasn't until the last sentence of your second paragraph that I had any idea who you were even trying to contact.  And it wasn't clear whose help you wanted until the second sentence of your third paragraph.  Talk about burying the lede.  Glad to hear that you got the assistance you require.  Hopefully Yankee and/or BitInstant has resolved your issue to your satisfaction and you can start to calm down and regain control of yourself.  Have a great day.
MATTTT

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 08:34:30 PM

Wow,

Danny felt the OP was incredibly hostile, but has dealt with him in a humorous way, imparting valuable advice.  And he was treated with no respect.  As the OP seems to feel he's done nothing wrong, I've found the most useful part of this thread is the link to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=ignore;u=73394;topic=127860;msg=1358938Smiley 

If I was a BitInstant rep, I'd refund the OP's money and tell him he's no longer welcome as a customer.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 08:53:34 PM

. . .dealt with him in a humorous way, imparting valuable advice. . .
Just doing what I can.  Someone comes into a public forum that is not run by BitInstant and their first public post is a tirade, they have to expect that some member of the public might decide to chastise them for their childish public behavior.

. . . And he was treated with no respect . . .
After that first post, I'd have been surprised by anything else.
dirtyBizcuit (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 09:06:17 PM

haha, you mr danny hamilton are a loser, and you matttttt, are a dick rider. ..

Theres a lot I would like to say to the both of you, but i have to get the rugrats from soccer practice..

Im just going to go ahead and delete my user account on this forum, for its absolutly usless.
 Thanks for all the help you two.  matttttttt, commence felatio on danny, as for you mr. hamiltion, maybe if you keep up the great work you can grow up to be a admin some day! LMFAO
Rick James

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 09:15:37 PM

haha, you mr danny hamilton are a loser, and you matttttt, are a dick rider. ..

Theres a lot I would like to say to the both of you, but i have to get the rugrats from soccer practice..

Im just going to go ahead and delete my user account on this forum, for its absolutly usless.
 Thanks for all the help you two.  matttttttt, commence felatio on danny, as for you mr. hamiltion, maybe if you keep up the great work you can grow up to be a admin some day! LMFAO

A few tips before you go:

1. brush up on your English
2. use spell check
3. suck my dick harder

Lurk

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 09:39:25 PM

awesome
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 10:11:49 PM

. . . you matttttt, are a dick rider . . . i have to get the rugrats from soccer practice . . . commence felatio . . .
This makes me sad.  It's really sad that children have to be exposed to people like this.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 10:27:32 PM

OP, please tell us, which service is it you're trying to contact?
You didn't even mentioned if it was bitinstant you used or not.
Dannyhamilton concluded it was, but you never said it yourself, so, until know you're just making a complaint about some unknown service. Your only reference to bitinstant is about them being a large service, you say nothing about using them. Maybe you've used some other service, who knows?

Next time, when you want help, please know who to direct your angst to, because this is a forum about bitcoin and not a bitinstant support forum, despite bitinstant being well represented here.

Now, give me a good reason for leaving this thread here instead of throwing it to the Trashcan right away...
I'm waiting.

PS: I have no patience to deal with SR newbs who only remember this forum exists after bitinstant taking more than 1hr to service them.
No one in this forum owes you anything, so, take it easy...
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 10:34:56 PM

You didn't even mentioned if it was bitinstant or not.
Dannyhamilton concluded it was, but you never said it yourself, so, until know you're making a complaint about some unknown service.
Actually he did at least do that...

. . . Im posting here in the hopes of having Yankee or another support team member actualy care about my issue . . . I would think seeing how large bitinstant is, that they would have some kind of standard set for their work ethic . . .                                                                 

. . .Now, give me a good reason for leaving this thread here instead of throwing it to the Trashcan right away...
I'm waiting. . .
Go ahead.  OP has already requested it.

. . . delete it, MOD please remove this, thank you. . .

. . . Im just going to go ahead and delete my user account on this forum, for its absolutly usless. . .
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 10:41:23 PM

You didn't even mentioned if it was bitinstant or not.
Dannyhamilton concluded it was, but you never said it yourself, so, until know you're making a complaint about some unknown service.
Actually he did at least do that...

. . . Im posting here in the hopes of having Yankee or another support team member actualy care about my issue . . . I would think seeing how large bitinstant is, that they would have some kind of standard set for their work ethic . . .                                                                  

That doesn't tell me they've used their service to buy bitcoins.
Why is it he wants to talk to Yankee? Why does it matter that bitinstant is large or not?
Seeing the lousy way the OP explained why he needed help why should I assume he used bitinstant in the first place?
Maybe he's confusing them with some other company. After all this is bitcointalk.org, not bitinstanttalk.com, and he did come here asking for help... Roll Eyes
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 10:54:52 PM

That doesn't tell me they've used their service to buy bitcoins.
Why is it he wants to talk to Yankee? Why does it matter that bitinstant is large or not?
Seeing the lousy way the OP explained why he needed help why should I assume he used bitinstant in the first place?
Maybe he's confusing them with some other company. After all this is bitcointalk.org, not bitinstanttalk.com, and he did come here asking for help... Roll Eyes
True, I made some assumptions there.  Regardless, we are in agreement that OP was rude, obnoxious, hostile, and largely incoherent. He seems to have successfully contacted Yankee, and claims that he has now deleted his account.  At this point we're just left with the few of us that took the time to take a look at the thread shaking our heads.

It's sort of like a wild tiger came crashing in through our kitchen window, growled at everyone eating dinner, and then dashed out the front door disappearing into the wilderness.  We can all talk about the details of what just happened, but the tiger is long gone and really doesn't care what any of us say about it.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 10:56:21 PM

Only theymos can delete accounts, and when that happens the usernames get substituted by Anonymous, so he's just full of shit when he says he deleted his account Wink
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 11:05:49 PM

Only theymos can delete accounts, and when that happens the usernames get substituted by Anonymous, so he's just full of shit when he says he deleted his account Wink
Good to know.  Thanks.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3247

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 06:58:37 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2012, 05:33:15 AM by odolvlobo

It's sort of like a wild tiger came crashing in through our kitchen window, growled at everyone eating dinner, and then dashed out the front door disappearing into the wilderness.  We can all talk about the details of what just happened, but the tiger is long gone and really doesn't care what any of us say about it.

If we expect Bitcoin to go mainstream, we should expect a lot more of this. I remember the days back when the internet was overrun by AOL noobs just like this guy.

Don't forget: everyone starts out as a noob.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 08:47:58 AM

I remember the days back when the internet was overrun by AOL noobs just like this guy.

It is STILL September.  Undecided *shudder*
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: