Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:05:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Qt or blockchain.info  (Read 782 times)
pfunk (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 06:44:44 PM

which is better Bitcoin qt or blockchain.info for wallets?  im asking because i recently had a problem with QT where i was getting an error loading block chain.  it has been resolved thanks to a few amazing people on here.  But i still beg the question?

Thanks

PFunK
hashkey

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 07:04:44 PM

which is better Bitcoin qt or blockchain.info for wallets?  im asking because i recently had a problem with QT where i was getting an error loading block chain.  it has been resolved thanks to a few amazing people on here.  But i still beg the question?

Thanks

PFunK

Bitcoin-qt works great for me. Can you elaborate your error with loading the block chain on Bitcoin-qt? Let me guess, you're switching wallet.dat after closing the Bitcoin-qt client then you had an error on block loading after you ran the client again?

[WTS] 📞 Voice Call & 📩 SMS PV Services 📲 [non-US] ⏱️ Fast Service ✔️️✔️️✔️️ |
"Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you." ~ Puppet Master
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4669

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 07:24:15 PM

which is better Bitcoin qt or blockchain.info for wallets? . . .
They are both better.  It depends on your need.  It's a bit like asking which is better, a pickup truck or a sportscar.  If you need to haul a load of bricks, the pickup truck is definitely better, but if you need to get somewhere really fast, the sportscar would be the better option.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 08:45:04 PM

Blockchain.info/wallet is much more convenient, and has a mobile app.  There is an attack vector that if the site is compromised and you use the site, the attacker has your encrypted wallet and your password.

Even Bitcoin-Qt isn't ideal for some purposes -- like storing large amounts in an offline / cold-storage wallet.  (Use Armory for that.)

Others might think Multibit is the best option as it requires no full blockchain download but is not reliant on any server.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 09:02:37 PM

Blockchain.info is better to start with, unless you're talking about holding thousands of dollars worth of BTC on it, in which case I might be disinclined to use anything but armory and a computer disconnected from the internet to hold my BTC.
RoyalBitcoin

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 02:47:19 AM

Others might think Multibit is the best option as it requires no full blockchain download but is not reliant on any server.

Multibit is great.  It's still a little buggy but it has been getting a lot better.  It's great for getting started because it synchronizes with the network so much faster than bitcoin-qt.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: