Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:59:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a calculator that collects information from the user with prompts,  (Read 500 times)
onewiseguy (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:56:28 PM

calculator that collects information from the user with prompts, calculates some sort of useful result from that information, and prints the result to the console.

in C#

if you can help me do this post prices here you must know how to do it.

3. Brainstorm an original idea for a calculator of some kind. Keep in mind that your final project must contain the following:
a. An example of 2 different arithmetic operators (addition and subtraction, addition and multiplication, subtraction and division, etc.).
b. An example of an array. This array must be used as part of the calculation.
c. A final output to the Console using descriptive text and concatenating in your
result variable(s).
d. At least 1 assignment operators, not including the = symbol (++,--,+=, etc).
4. Place your name, date, and assignment at the top of your code in a multi-lined comment.
5. Make sure to comment every important line of code so that you are explaining exactly
what you are trying to do.
6. Your code should give the user meaningful output. So, after your calculations are
complete, your code should report back to the user the final values with a Console.WriteLine(). This should contain the variables that you calculated and a concatenation text string that describes the value.
e.g. Console.WriteLine (“The area of the rectangle is “ +calcArea+ ”!”);

Make sure your project follows this list of criteria:
• You will need to create code that calculates a solution based on the values entered by a
user. The actual values don't matter; you should be able to type in any numbers in the prompts, which change the values of your variables, and the calculation should still be accurate.
• If you want the user to type in a integer then make sure you ask for an integer. If you just say number the user could type in a decimal!
• Decide on what your code will calculate. This should be an original calculation. In other words, you may not use any of the examples mentioned in this class. This will result in an automatic 0.
• Your calculation should use a minimum of three factors or givens.
o Good example: Using width, height and depth to calculate volume. o Bad example: Using time and distance to calculate speed.
• All three factors must be essential for the calculation. If one of the factors (the data you are collecting with the prompts) is not needed in order to calculate the result, then it is not essential.
• There should be a minimum of 3 prompts to collect user information. Use Console.ReadLine() to gather these prompts. But remember to include a Console.WriteLine asking the question so the user knows what information they need to enter. These prompts should assign the information collected into variables you have set up.
• You should have a minimum of four variables:
o Three variables to hold the prompt values (one for each prompt). o One variable to hold the calculation result.
• Variable names should be descriptive of the values they are assigned.
• The variables should also be the correct datatype for the information you are asking for.
• Calculate the result using the variables in an expression (NOT literal values or numbers).
• Assign the calculation to the fourth variable.
• The result should appear in the browser's console and include an explanation of the
result.
o Good example of console print out: The volume of the sphere is 26 feet cubed. o Bad example of console print out: 26
• Final output should use string concatenation.
• Comment every line of code (describe what each line is doing in English). Do NOT just
label sections of your code.

Must be  a Console calculator.
tarsua

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 12:30:25 AM

OP do i have to use c# ? i dont know that but i probably could whip this up using pascal, pm me if i can use pascal
onewiseguy (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 01:32:11 AM

Seems an easy task, before giving a quote, by what time you need this done?, also, what are the examples mentioned in that class they talk about?

Decide on what your code will calculate. This should be an original calculation. In other words, you may not use any of the examples mentioned in this class. This will result in an automatic 0.

Preferably tonight.

and I do not have examples for this.
onewiseguy (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 01:33:16 AM

OP do i have to use c# ? i dont know that but i probably could whip this up using pascal, pm me if i can use pascal

Yes it needs to be in C# The program I am using is xamarin.
onewiseguy (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 01:33:43 AM

also I would need the source code for this. 
onewiseguy (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 02:28:04 AM

Seems an easy task, before giving a quote, by what time you need this done?, also, what are the examples mentioned in that class they talk about?

Decide on what your code will calculate. This should be an original calculation. In other words, you may not use any of the examples mentioned in this class. This will result in an automatic 0.

Preferably tonight.

and I do not have examples for this.

You do not have the examples?, does that mean that someone hired you to do this and you are subhiring us?

What is your time zone?, here it is still Sunday, so, if by tonight you mean sunday night, I pass (I am going to sleep soon, will get back online in a few hours). Else, count me in for the job. Do you have a budget in mind? (the highest, the more effort I will put into this, of course). I have done similar jobs for 5 ~ 15 USD (if I did not missread, it is a simple console program).

Why are you using Xamarin?, I have worked with that program, is not oriented mainly towards mobile apps?, may I use Visual Studio or any other IDE/editor?

No i do not have examples due to I cannot get them at the moment.

No i am the one hiring.

its sunday as well if you can do it in a couple of hours that be great.

yes it is a simple console program with commenting of what each statement and command is supposed to do the more commenting the better.

I am using xamarin for the moment .net  Sure you can use what ever IDE you like as long As I get the raw source code and be able to run it on the console from xamarin.

I can pay $20 in btc.

let me know.
onewiseguy (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 07:04:47 PM

is any one willing to do this?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: