Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 01:37:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [pool][TRC] bitcoinreactor about to activate PPS  (Read 1368 times)
girafon (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 09:46:00 PM

According to the website, bitcoinreactor pool is about to activate PPS reward for TRC :

TRC     rbpps     coming soon (4-5 Ghashes/s pool hashrate suitable)
( http://pool.bitcoinreactor.com/ )

current hashrate is at 2Ghashes/s atm ... wanna give it a try ?
(i'd like to be able to switch from prop to pps, while still beeing able to choose which pool to use, either in failsafe-only, rotate or balance mode ...)

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 06:44:15 PM

According to the website, bitcoinreactor pool is about to activate PPS reward for TRC :

TRC     rbpps     coming soon (4-5 Ghashes/s pool hashrate suitable)
( http://pool.bitcoinreactor.com/ )

current hashrate is at 2Ghashes/s atm ... wanna give it a try ?
(i'd like to be able to switch from prop to pps, while still beeing able to choose which pool to use, either in failsafe-only, rotate or balance mode ...)

I'll try it as soon as I'm back to my machine!

more or less retired.
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 08:26:40 PM

I have sent around 3.3 G/H in your direction.

I am seeing many Stale-rejects just before the longpoll and instances of the miner detecting the new block before the longpoll.

At one point there was a total loss of communication.

I would suggest the ability to change difficulty. Much like Bitparking using the password to set difficulty (d=<difficulty>) to reduce traffic. Each contribution at set difficulty is equal to the number shares at set difficulty.

This really helps with high hash rate users.

girafon (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 09:08:24 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2012, 09:21:30 PM by girafon

unfortunately, i'm not running it, i was waiting for the pps reward, as i've been mining there from time to time (with a low hashrate though).
[moving from proportional to pps right now, by the way. It wasn't available when i left, thanks to you, it is now Smiley ]

With my low hashrate, i also ran into that problem a few times, probably when multiple blocks are found within a few seconds (at least with such a low hashrate as mine).

So if i understand, you'd submit shares against a higher difficulty, to submit less shares, but what about the reward ? let's say you submit shares against a difficulty = 16 ... is one of those shares worth 16 diff=1 shares ? (i guess it would look like that, or something Smiley )

I don't know if it's ready yet (there's a big thread discussing it under the miner forum, haven't read it entirely yet), but wouldn't stratum help ?
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 09:22:09 PM

unfortunately, i'm not running it, i was waiting for the pps reward, as i've been mining there from time to time (with a low hashrate though).
[moving from proportional to pps right now, by the way :p ]

With my low hashrate, i also ran into that problem a few times, probably when multiple blocks are found within a few seconds (at least with such a low hashrate as mine).

So if i understand, you'd submit shares against a higher difficulty, to submit less shares, but what about the reward ? let's say you submit shares against a difficulty = 16 ... is one of those shares worth 16 diff=1 shares ? (i guess it would look like that, or something Smiley )

I don't know if it's ready yet (there's a big thread discussing it under the miner forum, haven't read it entirely yet), but wouldn't stratum help ?

If somebody set their difficulty to 16 for example (d=16).

The pool would tell the mining software using that login that the difficulty is 16. The mining software would then only submit shares that are 16+ difficulty.

Each share submitted by that miner would be worth 16 shares, regardless if the share was a 16 or any higher difficulty.

This technique cuts traffic down drastically, if it is used by the miners.
girafon (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 09:26:34 PM

i see, thanks for sharing info

With the upcoming hashpower increase, i guess every single pool with use diff>1 shares soon (if not already), or a new protocol
girafon (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 11:15:54 PM

1 hour+ round ... i guess that one will cost some coins to the pool Smiley
DryPowder

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 12:45:59 AM

I´m using this pool for 2 day with no problems, the rejection radio is about 22/1000 shares approx. with BAMT.

Keep Your Powder Dry
hanzac

Activity: 425
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 11:26:36 PM

I'm using the bitcoinreactor now, due to the ddos problem yesterday.
Is there anyway to change the account settings, like change the payment threshold or frequency?
Thanks a lot, this pool is very convenience and comfortable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: