Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:20:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: y4x.com: BTC awarded on first block that has a bid  (Read 12977 times)
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 08:51:45 PM

When you have this up and running please be sure to come back here and tell us what you have "max bid" is defined as.  Wink

Since there are many auctions you could easily learn the bots behavior... just watch for the guy who is bidding satoshis and where he stops bidding Cheesy

Knowing the bidding increment won't be very useful unless you're also using a bot to bid for you.
But that max bid can really be dangerous  Grin
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 01:27:19 AM

If anyone wants me to code a bidding bot exclusively for them PM me Smiley
BitcoinHoarder (OP)

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 02:20:24 AM

The pot was 1 BTC for 20 minutes and no one bid for it.
Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 02:42:15 AM

1BTC= Real gambling, less than 0.01BTC=Fun lol
BitcoinHoarder (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 03:23:38 AM

Nice, good point!  I guess I don't see 1 BTC as a big gamble but maybe I don't fully understand the bitcoin community as it stands today.
Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 03:32:33 AM

Nice, good point!  I guess I don't see 1 BTC as a big gamble but maybe I don't fully understand the bitcoin community as it stands today.

Its not necessarily a big gamble, but the risk of not getting my 1btc in the block, along with possibly having to fight someone else, makes it unattractive to me. These are just my opinions of course. (Its fun to throw pennies back and forth against someone else, but not nearly as fun when you start having to throw bills.)
ThePok

Activity: 131

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 12:24:29 PM

You are obviously rich! Let the Game run on every Block for 0.01 BTC Smiley

I want to play all day Grin
Nite69

Activity: 477
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 03:26:04 PM

Or add several scripts with different bid. http://y4x.com/1BTChttp://y4x.com/0.1BTC etc ;-)

Sync: ShiSKnx4W6zrp69YEFQyWk5TkpnfKLA8wx
Bitcoin: 17gNvfoD2FDqTfESUxNEmTukGbGVAiJhXp
Litecoin: LhbDew4s9wbV8xeNkrdFcLK5u78APSGLrR
AuroraCoin: AXVoGgYtSVkPv96JLL7CiwcyVvPxXHXRK9
BitcoinHoarder (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 04:14:52 PM

Or add several scripts with different bid. http://y4x.com/1BTChttp://y4x.com/0.1BTC etc ;-)

I plan on having multiple addresses revealed at a time.  Maybe like 0.01, 0.05 and 0.1.  I think 1 BTC is too large for all day bidding, I just ran it for the 51st bid because we had reached a total of 50 pots.
Nite69

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 07:38:46 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2012, 10:39:11 AM by Nite69

Bidding address #72 seems to need a long time before initial bid is done. Does it wait for a newly generated block before bidding or someting?

Edit: 211206 seems to be over 1 hour block..

Edit2: I think the initial bid was never sent..

BitcoinHoarder (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 12:15:02 PM

Bidding address #72 seems to need a long time before initial bid is done. Does it wait for a newly generated block before bidding or someting?

Odd, the initial bid went out for all except #72.

The way the system works is that the initial bid is sent out to the network at the same moment the address is first revealed.  I will look at the logs and see what's up with #72.
BitcoinHoarder (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 12:56:40 PM

I added 0.01 to the pot for #72 and sent it to the winner.  My records show the initial bid was sent but it didn't hit.  I will add some more scaffolding around that part of the code and see if it happens again.

Thanks!
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 02:55:51 PM

I added 0.01 to the pot for #72 and sent it to the winner.  My records show the initial bid was sent but it didn't hit.  I will add some more scaffolding around that part of the code and see if it happens again.

Thanks!

That's me Wink
BitcoinHoarder (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 05:28:59 PM

I found the issue.  Sometimes the RPC connection is unavailable and that breaks the send.  I fixed it so that I check to ensure the send worked before updating the database.

I sent you 0.5 BTC to the address in your signature for helping discover the issue.
Nite69

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 08:11:45 PM

I found the issue.  Sometimes the RPC connection is unavailable and that breaks the send.  I fixed it so that I check to ensure the send worked before updating the database.

I sent you 0.5 BTC to the address in your signature for helping discover the issue.

Ty! You really encourage people to seek bugs in your system. That's good :-)

ThePok

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 12:57:36 AM

Oh man ...

i did send 0.101 BTC to 1Y4wvaZXLNkSfYC4RCL9ZK4gvSYYFZovD ...
my Transaction got included in the Block, but not the Startingbet!!!

That System is bad Sad

Maybe, last bet in the block afterto the block with the initionalbet should be the winner!?!
BitcoinHoarder (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 02:32:15 AM

Oh man ...

i did send 0.101 BTC to 1Y4wvaZXLNkSfYC4RCL9ZK4gvSYYFZovD ...
my Transaction got included in the Block, but not the Startingbet!!!

That System is bad Sad

Maybe, last bet in the block afterto the block with the initionalbet should be the winner!?!

That is pretty rare, like 1 in 150 rounds.  Consider yourself lucky Cheesy. Did you win any of the other rounds?  There have been a few winners today.
ThePok

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 09:53:02 AM

No, i did win 3 or 4 0.01 Bets, this was my first 0.1 bet Sad

I dont feel lucky at all Sad

But i think you send me the monney back...so its ok...

You should change the System! Wating for one Conformation for Initialbet is not bad.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 06:57:49 PM

You should change the System! Wating for one Conformation for Initialbet is not bad.

I've had the opposite situation, where I was the only one playing, and got my bid in in plenty of time, but then only the initial bet made it into the block that was eventually found.

It was one of those times when there was almost an hour between blocks, and so thousands of transactions were waiting to get into blocks.  I just got unlucky and didn't make it into the same block as the initial bet.

Maybe it would be a reasonable change to make it so that the winner is the biggest payment confirmed in the same block as the initial bet or before, and gets all the confirmed bets so far.  Only payments which get confirmed later than the initial payment go to the house.  I don't know how that would affect the house though.  Obviously it would reduce the house take, but I don't know whether it would turn the game into a losing proposition for the house or not.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BitcoinHoarder (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 09:45:57 PM

I've had the opposite situation, where I was the only one playing, and got my bid in in plenty of time, but then only the initial bet made it into the block that was eventually found.

It was one of those times when there was almost an hour between blocks, and so thousands of transactions were waiting to get into blocks.  I just got unlucky and didn't make it into the same block as the initial bet.

Maybe it would be a reasonable change to make it so that the winner is the biggest payment confirmed in the same block as the initial bet or before, and gets all the confirmed bets so far.  Only payments which get confirmed later than the initial payment go to the house.  I don't know how that would affect the house though.  Obviously it would reduce the house take, but I don't know whether it would turn the game into a losing proposition for the house or not.

The initial bet is intended to just be a sweetener to get people bidding.  The point of the game is not so that a single player can scoop up the initial bet while playing against themselves Smiley.  We are worrying about the small case where the game is designed to fit a large case where there are 2 or more people on a pot.  For the past week the game has been essentially free BTC because no two players have been on it.  I don't mind at all, I have paid every game, I just don't think there is cause to make a more complicated ruleset because people want to win the initial pot.  And for the record we are even discussing a rare case, the initial bet (over 99% of the time) almost always goes to the top bidder.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: