Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:41:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creating a website used to describe bitcoins in a simple(er) way, need feedback!  (Read 913 times)
DiscoverBTC (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 06:52:05 AM

Hello everybody, i'd first like to thank you all for taking the time to read this. It seems as if every day I find myself trying to describe bitcoins and their details to a coworker, friend, or family member. I find that often times they have difficulties understanding how they operate and what I'm saying. To combat this issue, I've thrown together a website that takes the core details of bitcoins and briefly talks about them. I myself am no master and therefore could use and tips, criticism, comments or help you have to offer! The website can be found here at - www.discoverbtc.com - . Please feel free to either contact me on anything through the contact page tab or emailing me at contact@discoverbtc.com! Thanks again! One last note, the website is not even 24 hours old yet and has already received 6is hours or so of work in between two 9 hour shifts so it still has many kinks and errors both format and info/gramatical wise, this is where I was hoping I could get help from the masses! I plan on updating the cite actively until its an superbly polished and information guide. Cheers!
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 06:56:51 AM

I haven't read the whole text, but i do like the simplicity of your website...

It looks very informative, the only question i have is: why? Are you trying to create something for the community, or are you trying to make a living out of this site in some way?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 10:01:42 AM

I like the site, very straight forward and nice domain name

Quite a few things I would expand on and that need correcting, when I get a little time I'll let you know.

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
croato

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 05:08:39 PM

Site looks cool and all important info for newbies is there. We need such places where newbies can find info about Bitcoin in simple way, most ppl still think Bitcoin is some supercomplicated digital vodoo magic. Great work, thank you mate.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 05:49:13 PM

Nice and great domain name too.  You might want to use a more modern bootstrap web template. These days people have developed a mindset (right, wrong or indifferent) on how valid content looks in the way that it's presented.  Try increasing traffic to your site by offering some unique articles or content, then offer that content to bitcoin news sites for either linkbacks or payment for your articles.  You can use that in lieu of donations and then sell ad space to dice sites, etc.

Here are some examples, I'm sure you'll see the templates will remind you of some sites you've been on:
link: https://wrapbootstrap.com/themes/landing-pages

You might want to consider adding some content other than just text. Some of the "explainer" videos are quite good, but you can also have an animated video done for you (costs $60 on fiver) if you want to make your own. link: https://www.fiverr.com/customdrumloops/create-a-professional-explainer-video-for-your-business?extras=2245556

Good luck! Cheesy

kevinpaladin

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:42:30 AM

Hey there,

Nice website. I liked the `Definitions` page more. Try adding more definitions to it.

And did you write all the articles?
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:18:13 AM

Really like the straight forward no frills design of the site.  And on the Background section...come on, it's time to leave this poor fella alone.  Besides, we all know it was Nick :-p

All kidding aside, job well done.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 08:02:47 AM

I personally do not take in information well, till now, I still do not quite get how the bitcoin mining works, and what exactly is bitcoin? I know the rough idea of it, just that I do not know the details of it. Maybe for beginners, including non-info-taking-in-users like me, would prefer short statements, and a calm and big font, as lengthy paragraphs just makes me tired.

I like your current site, so keep it up, just that you should try to give an overview of the information in short sentences instead. Smiley Cool and detailed guide for beginners, would recommend this after more updates and improvements!

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: