Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:40:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinica LP (In Liquidation) form request  (Read 4084 times)
dopamine (OP)

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 05:25:20 AM

Check your email guys I just got a form to fill out

Dear Sir/Madam

Please find attached a copy of the Liquidators First Report for Bitcoinica LP (In Liquidation).  Please complete the attached proof of debt form and return with supporting documentation to register your claim.

Kind Regards

Taslim Bhamji
Senior Insolvency Administrator

cid:image001.jpg@01C9C4F1.996F7230

PKF Corporate Recovery & Insolvency (Auckland) Limited

Level 3, 48 Courthouse Lane | PO Box 3678, Auckland 1140, New Zealand

taslim.bhamji@pkfcr.co.nz
www.pkfcr.co.nz

P:

+64 9 302 0521

F:

+64 9 302 0536

DDI:

+64 9 306 7426

Mobile:

+64 21 298 5437

CAUTION: PKF Corporate Recovery & Insolvency (Auckland) Limited is a member of PKF International Limited and PKF New Zealand Limited, which are networks of legally independent member firms.  Neither the networks, nor the individual members accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for the actions or inactions of each other, or for the actions or inactions of any other indvidual member firm or firms.  The information contained in this mail message is confidential and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, review, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited. PKF Corporate Recovery & Insolvency (Auckland) Limited accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any effects this email message or attachments has on the recipient network or computer system. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original message. Thank you.

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 05:28:37 AM

Note that the cut-off date for the filing of claims is 20 January 2013.  Don't forget to file them before that date.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 07:20:29 AM

Hey! Look! All of our REAL NAMES are attached to that form. Fabulous. Just what I wanted/needed. At least you get an idea who all the early bitcoin adopters are.

more or less retired.
repentance

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 07:32:39 AM

Hey! Look! All of our REAL NAMES are attached to that form. Fabulous. Just what I wanted/needed. At least you get an idea who all the early bitcoin adopters are.

The amounts that you're owed will eventually appear in the reports, too.   Smiley

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 08:40:06 AM

The amounts that you're owed will eventually appear in the reports, too.   Smiley

I think a good number of people are going to be thinking about this fact too.

more or less retired.
repentance

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 08:43:42 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2012, 10:10:42 AM by repentance

The amounts that you're owed will eventually appear in the reports, too.   Smiley

I think a good number of people are going to be thinking about this fact too.

I can't be the only person wondering whether Zhou will have the temerity to lodge a claim and if so for how much.

tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 10:11:57 AM

I'm sure many people do not claim their accounts, some with a lot of money.

You have to see the positive side ... more funds to pay.

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
Wintermute

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 11:25:59 AM

Thanks for your cooperation Mr. Strateman!

Excerpt (copied from PDF OCR / hand, bold is mine):

6. Proposed Conduct of the Liquidation

Upon our appointment, we obtained background information regarding the Limited Partnership from the solicitors of Wendon Group Incorporated, who filed the application to place the Limited Partnership into liquidation. We sent a business questionnaire to Patrick Strateman, Donald Norman and Amir Taaki, as limited partners who we understand were in control of the Limited Partnership along with a request to deliver records of the Limited Partnership. The three limited partners have all responded advising that they were not responsible for the operational management of the Limited Partnership and do not hold books or records of the Limited Partnership. Mr Strateman has however recently provided us details of the investor balances of claims which we will review prior to any distributions being made. We understand that a significant amount of information was lost during the breaches of the Limited Partnerships servers which is likely to lead to delays to the liquidation process.

We have written to Mt Gox and have requested details of the investor funds held as well as the account structure. We are still awaiting this information, which we will require in order to reconcile against claims received from investors and the information provided by Mr Strateman.

We note that some investor accounts are a mixture of foreign currency and bitcoins. We are investigating the basis upon which the Liquidators have the ability at law to refund cash and bitcoins.

We have completed our statutory obligations in respect to advertising our appointment and notifying the Registrar of Companies. We have closed the Limited Partnership’s bank account, as identified in the statement of affairs.

[...]
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 11:58:11 AM

What are the chances we'll finally get paid?

Wintermute

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 01:17:03 PM

This is the first time after the whole disaster that I am confident that things (slowly) move into the right direction. It seems to me that the whole thing is now in professional hands (thanks Mr. Seale!). Furthermore, it is a good sign that at least Patrick is finally willing to cooperate in order to bring this to an end.

From the financial statements (assets vs. unsecured creditors) I understand that there is some hope to recover a substantial amount of the claims. I would expect something in the area of 60%-70% of the claim. However, this very much depends on

(1) the amount of the "other creditors" position
(2) how many of the creditors will make a claim
(3) liquidation costs

Let's see....
thest0ckman

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 03:20:53 PM

finally some real movements on this issue!

i am not happy with my name being publicly on their list though

dancingnancy

Activity: 661

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 03:33:58 AM

Can't say that I am satisfied my name is out there like that either, but I rather have this progress than not knowing anything.
superfastkyle

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 03:54:36 AM

the real question is how did they get our real names in the first place I thought the database was destroyed in the hack?

Can't say that I am satisfied my name is out there like that either, but I rather have this progress than not knowing anything.
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 04:01:20 AM

the real question is how did they get our real names in the first place I thought the database was destroyed in the hack?

We gave it to Taslim Bhamji

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
repentance

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 04:31:05 AM

We gave it to Taslim Bhamji

Not to mention the fact that some refunds were processed from the reconstructed database after the hack.  Some of those refunds may well have been made by payment methods which involved people's real life identities.  Patrick provided them with a list of investor balances, remember.

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 10:15:29 AM

Well of course, it is public process.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
thest0ckman

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 12:00:48 PM

well at least something legit is happening. 

actually starting to trade again. took off for a long time because of bitcoinica

czebrda

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 12:55:09 PM

Is there a way to see my original claim if I have the claim ID? Because I'm afraid I don't remember the exact numbers any more...
repentance

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 06:42:39 PM

Is there a way to see my original claim if I have the claim ID? Because I'm afraid I don't remember the exact numbers any more...

What do you mean by your "original claim"?  Are you talking about the claim you lodged with Bitcoinica itself earlier in the year?

czebrda

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 09:02:35 AM

What do you mean by your "original claim"?  Are you talking about the claim you lodged with Bitcoinica itself earlier in the year?

Yes...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: