Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:59:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Can I Make This Site More Practical...?  (Read 1208 times)
c4n10 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 07:57:34 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2012, 04:27:22 AM by c4n10

Alright, so I've created a website where users can come and find music to stream by searching for their favorite artists and songs, creating playlists etc...

The site also has pooler's jminer scripted into it (with widget to "stop" and "start" mining) so that the users can help support the website by donating a small portion (2%) of their spare cpu cycles to mining litecoins for the website.

I feel the site has potential, but I also feel that it is missing something, I want to be able to provide more to the end-user to encourage them to use the site regularly...

Any thoughts...?

Here is the site: http://crypto-radio.com/
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 03:19:12 PM

I like ur site and I was trying to do something similar with music and BTC and LTC... but not got any further than what i got here at the moment.... http://btc-music.com/

but my next thought would be to add links to say the latest clients for BTC and LTC....

Perhaps add something like the site like http://skude.se/BTC/ has to give the user a chance to stay on ur site but visit the free BTC sites etc and collect BTC

Music related... perhaps add some info pages (artists tour dates etc, venues playing at etc.. this if done well enough could introduce a wider audience to your site as the place to check for up and coming raves/festivals/clubs/performances etc like on ... like here http://www.accessallareas.org/cgi-bin/whatson.pl)

Perhaps links or some kind of cool network thing with Reddit/imgur (NOT FACEBOOK..... but maybe Fuckbook?? Tongue)

oh and last thing i can think of now... add a post board for people to put up their favorite pictures of cats.... everyone loves cats Smiley
something like...

keep up the good work Smiley and best of luck with ur website Smiley

If you want people to go to your site as well.... found the best place to advertise is the free BTC sites as well... the guy who runs Dragon's Tale MMO gets a LOT of people coming from the free BTC sites, so that can be worthwhile... but up to u. Hope this helps Smiley

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 03:35:49 PM

I like ur site and I was trying to do something similar with music and BTC and LTC... but not got any further than what i got here at the moment.... http://btc-music.com/

but my next thought would be to add links to say the latest clients for BTC and LTC....

Perhaps add something like the site like http://skude.se/BTC/ has to give the user a chance to stay on ur site but visit the free BTC sites etc and collect BTC

Music related... perhaps add some info pages (artists tour dates etc, venues playing at etc.. this if done well enough could introduce a wider audience to your site as the place to check for up and coming raves/festivals/clubs/performances etc like on ... like here http://www.accessallareas.org/cgi-bin/whatson.pl)

Perhaps links or some kind of cool network thing with Reddit/imgur (NOT FACEBOOK..... but maybe Fuckbook?? Tongue)

oh and last thing i can think of now... add a post board for people to put up their favorite pictures of cats.... everyone loves cats Smiley
something like...

keep up the good work Smiley and best of luck with ur website Smiley

If you want people to go to your site as well.... found the best place to advertise is the free BTC sites as well... the guy who runs Dragon's Tale MMO gets a LOT of people coming from the free BTC sites, so that can be worthwhile... but up to u. Hope this helps Smiley

I really appreciate the compliments and the suggestions!

I actually used to run something similar to what you are talking about called a traffic exchange at: http://entretraffic.t15.org

The site is mostly dead now, I have been trying to think of how to convert it to something similar for btc/ltc but I would need to start from the ground up as the majority of the code on the traffic exchange is scripted by a third-party.

Right now crypto-radio is just something that i threw together last night on a whim, but I have come to really like the page, I think it has a lot of potential and I would like to do something serious with it which is why I've added the 20 LTC drawing each week to draw more attention.

Eventually, I plan for crypto-radio to have multiple pages with music news and events in the viewer's local area and other similar features.

And it's funny that you mention the post-board because I was contemplating adding an html comment box at the bottom, now you have inspired me to go ahead and do so...

I will look into advertising on the free btc sites, but at the moment I am pretty poor, lol... Not to mention that for the moment all of my BTC is going to BitcoinINV and Puppet to pay back a loan they gave me for my gpu, but I will get there!!! LOL...

Thank you again for the kind words, I will be sure to let you know when the html comment box is up, lol...
c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 04:08:40 PM

I will be sure to let you know when the html comment box is up, lol...

I have added an html comment box to the site, the only down-side is that you will not be able to post images. But you CAN post links to images...
c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 10:03:44 PM

Timestamp: 27.11.2012 21:15:48
Error: TypeError: ltcMiner.getSpeed is not a function
Source File: http://crypto-radio.uphero.com/radio.html
Line: 102

Also, site is missing DOC type, so browsers render it using Quirks mode.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I am not sure what caused your error with the webminer function as I am unable to reproduce the error myself but I did add the "!DOCTYPE".

Would you mind giving the site another try and see if you still receive the same error..?

Thanks again!

c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 05:12:23 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2012, 07:56:07 AM by c4n10

****Updated 11/28/2012****

I've just added a LTC lottery feature to the site. Tickets are 1 LTC each and winner takes 95% of the proceeds from ticket sales. No limit ont he number of tickets which may be purchased.

We also have the free raffle for 20 LTC each week,  simply submit your LTC address no more than one time per day, up to 7 entries per week. Additional entries will be ignored and deleted.

If you haven't checked out the site yet, now is the perfect time:

http://crypto-radio.uphero.com

c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 12:31:30 AM

Timestamp: 27.11.2012 21:15:48
Error: TypeError: ltcMiner.getSpeed is not a function
Source File: http://crypto-radio.uphero.com/radio.html
Line: 102

Also, site is missing DOC type, so browsers render it using Quirks mode.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I am not sure what caused your error with the webminer function as I am unable to reproduce the error myself but I did add the "!DOCTYPE".

Would you mind giving the site another try and see if you still receive the same error..?

Thanks again!

Site still seems broken all over the place. You can check it yourself using Firefox Developer Toolbar add-on. Also, check it with validator tools for HTML and CSS.

In this function you're refering to another function that does not exist:

function ltcUpdate() {
    ltcSpeed.innerHTML = ltcMiner.getSpeed();
    ltcShares.innerHTML = ltcMiner.getValidCount();
    ltcPower.value = ltcMiner.isMining() ? 'Stop' : 'Start';
}

Well, it doesn't surprise me that there might be errors since it was something that I threw together in notepad overnight, lol...

But! I have imported into Dreamweaver, cleaned it up and it should be much friendlier now. Please give it a try and let me know if you still produce the same error. I know there are a few minor errors, but they are the result of third-party scripting most of which I was able to clean up.

Thank you again for at least your interest int he site and thank you in advance if you're able to swing by and check on that error again for me.
c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 01:27:35 AM

Error with ltcMiner.getSpeed still exists. The cause is probably missing Java - which is used by miner - on my side.

Is there some specific reason for assigning different classes to paragraphs? From what I see, all text on your website is bolded,
so why create classes and clutter CSS? Just add font-weight:bold; to body element at CSS, delete p.first, p.second, etc. and
class data at paragraphs.

And now serious suggestion = get rid off coinurl links! The last thing random visitor wants is to end on page with ads after clicking
on any of the links. Such link behaviour will immidiately make visitor suspicious of the whole "mine coins while listening music" deal.

Hey! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly...

Yeah, you're right, I always try to strive for minimal coding, but it has been so long since I designed my last website, lol... I made the changes you recommended (including the removing of the cur.l lnks) and I thank you for them. Using real links should give me higher placement on internet searches anyways.
c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 04:04:44 PM

Website don't have logo or name written anywhere.

I will be adding a header sometime within the next 24 hours which will include this information.

After submitting LTC address, user ends at http://crypto-radio.uphero.com/raffledb.php and must click Back to return to main page.

A minor inconvenience for the moment, but I will be adding a button within the next few hours to return users to the homepage, I will likely also be splitting the Raffle and the Lotto into separate pages and add a small site-map across the top this way you won't have to scroll halfway down the homepage to find what is supposed to be the main focus of the site - the media player.

Why so many 3rd-party crap? Allow suspicious companies to data-mine for little or no rewards and get slower website as an extra?

Well, I just came up with the concept for the site the night before last as something that I was just kinda messing around with, I threw it together as a work in progress (which it still is) and wanted to have a quick image of what I was building.

This week I will be replacing the html comment board and possibly the media player, the other two third-party items are the stats counter - which is provided by my web host and works with their back-end, but I may switch out for Google analytics - and the miner utility which I have the source files for and will be going through the code this weekend to adapt the code to my site so I can run it off of my own server instead of calling to litecoinpool.org for the  script.

I will likely be adding social media plugins like Facebook and Twitter once I have created accounts for Crypto-Radio on those sites.

As far as the ads on the site go, I will replace with my own ads if and when I change out the media player...
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 05:25:20 PM

Get a real domain, this stupid free hosting is going to hold you back. Also don't put a miner on your site, I know your trying to get coins but for our CPUs that is a lot. Also I wasn't able to really look at it, cause it seems your site is under review (probably cause of the CPU miner), again get a real hoster and domain don't do this half-assed like you are.
c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 06:32:12 PM

Get a real domain, this stupid free hosting is going to hold you back.

It's not about domain name, it's about free hosting - there are usualy many limitations on what can be uploaded and served.

And the domain name it looks spammy, but yes the free hosting is what holding him back physically, and the domain his holding him back mentally cause it looks shady

I will be purchasing hosting from them soon enough, I wanted to get the site up, running and tested before I paid for anything. The site seems to be doing just fine with the server it's on though, 354 unique visitors with 509 total visits isn't too bad for just over 48 hours after being launched...
c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 06:46:07 PM

The site is down temporarily due to having reached the allotted cpu usage limit. I am working on this situation and will have the site back up soon.
c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 11:54:21 PM

The site is still temporarily down due to server propagation while we are moving to http://www.cryptoradio.com. The site will be back up in just a few hours, thank you for your patience.
c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 04:26:54 AM

****UPDATED 11/30/2012****

The site should be up and running for everyone at our new address: http://www.crypto-radio.com and we have our first week's 20 LTC raffle winner which was address: LdeSyhRHJP4obqo2LguUZCZCJ7Movvz3uV

And our first week lotto jackpot goes to, well, me because I was the only one who put LTC in, lol... I left the 10 LTC in the pot and it will stay there for this week's lotto. My address will not be including in the lottery drawing, just my 10 LTC.

Anyone wishing to donate to the site may do so by sending LTC to: LNb6CgwwTSJYqJYc3ZvjQ7qCkv7QtyE5fV your donations will be used to cover hosting costs and the 20 LTC weekly raffle.

Thank you to everyone who has stopped by these first few days and participated with the site.
adurakov
Copper Member

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

CEO in letitplay.io - audio layer of The Internet

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 06:42:39 PM

If someone is still working on cryptoradio then we want to collaborate with you. Our project letitplay.io is going to create an audio layer of the Internet with attention economy like in Steem. And we just started to actively collaborate with content providers. You are welcome to join us!

Andrey Durakov - CEO/Founder in letitplay.io
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:51:54 PM

If someone is still working on cryptoradio then we want to collaborate with you. Our project letitplay.io is going to create an audio layer of the Internet with attention economy like in Steem. And we just started to actively collaborate with content providers. You are welcome to join us!

Even Viberate is the same kind of project you are saying bro. Personally I wish your project to be get successful in the future. I love cardano's smart contract projects based which is help for the every new come ICO in the market.
Can I have the white paper and road map link to so that I can able to check it bro. Congratulations to you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: