Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 01:27:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to follow whales?  (Read 4464 times)
Zeke2345

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 08:57:51 PM

Think all I learned from this thread is when the market is stagnant expect a pump. Will have to keep a eye on this being a noob that I am. How much bitcoin is a good amount for daily trading anyways?

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 08:34:30 PM

like others I wait for the prices to get stable then either buy
or sell depending on what it has done recently.

Like after we shot up to 440-450 I waited but then saw we were
evening out. So I started to sell some. Then it dropped back below
400 and I waited then it sat around 370-380 so I bought some.

We will see what happens next.

Estimated

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:54:50 PM

Think all I learned from this thread is when the market is stagnant expect a pump. Will have to keep a eye on this being a noob that I am. How much bitcoin is a good amount for daily trading anyways?

It depends on the coin. If the coin has future and the price is hovering around a level, it means the whales are accumulating.
demon3456

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2024, 08:43:48 PM

use https://www.whalealertz.com/.. here you can find all bitcoin whales for free.
Assface16678

Activity: 1428
Merit: 135

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 18, 2024, 10:56:30 PM

The thing is, whales are not tools or any kind of indicators; whales are the term for those investors in bitcoin or people who hold a huge amount of bitcoin. They have been called whales because, as they hold a lot of bitcoin, every engagement they do in the market could affect the movement of the market or they could influence the market. Let's put it this way: if there is a group of whales that hold the majority of the bitcoin supply and they suddenly sell all their holdings, what do you think will happen? Of course, the price of bitcoin might drop a lot, as more supply equals less demand. The same goes if they buy a huge amount of bitcoin again, and then the demand will increase as the bitcoin price increases. The truth is, we can't know how they will engage in the market so that we can follow them. This is because not all whales reveal their identities, so maybe there are indicators for them, but the thing is, they are hard to predict, and we can never know what their purpose is in every engagement they do in the market.

Bushdark

Activity: 938
Merit: 262

Social media moderator/chatter

View Profile
March 22, 2024, 08:44:10 PM

I realised that small group of whales basicly own bitcoin market and do whatever they want with price. On which indicators I have to watch to follow them? volume only? some shapes on charts?
There is not indicator that is going to show you that. All you have to do is to look for good signal groups you can join that has whales there where they can be going the members signals to trade. This is the only way you could get to that and understand more about this crypto space. There are so many signal groups you could join and make money by taking there signals although so of them are not free.yiu will have to do the research yourself so you could get what you are looking for. This is never difficult at all.
Dailyscript

Activity: 224
Merit: 126

View Profile
March 22, 2024, 09:56:54 PM

I realised that small group of whales basicly own bitcoin market and do whatever they want with price. On which indicators I have to watch to follow them? volume only? some shapes on charts?
There is not indicator that is going to show you that. All you have to do is to look for good signal groups you can join that has whales there where they can be going the members signals to trade. This is the only way you could get to that and understand more about this crypto space. There are so many signal groups you could join and make money by taking there signals although so of them are not free.yiu will have to do the research yourself so you could get what you are looking for. This is never difficult at all.
I won't fall victim to any fake signals anymore. Joining random groups and channels on Telegram was how i started copying trading, and when I checked my success rate, it was low. I gained nothing more than learning more and more because those trades I executed back then from those groups were most of the wrong trades, and i lost so much in them. I don't want something like that to repeat itself. I prefer that someone who wants to be a professional trader should not rely on such groups. Instead, the intention should be to learn a new pattern and how they can adjust their way of trading by introducing the new pattern in such a way that it will benefit them.

Kelward

Activity: 448
Merit: 291

View Profile
March 24, 2024, 11:21:22 AM

The subject of the thread really caught my attention, and I'm eager to know how to follow whales too, but the comments so far is about the indicators to follow, so I guess that whales do not want people to follow them, every trader has to research and find their own indicators. You suggestion is also good, a trader can follow a signal group, and make the most of it, in all the crypto space, I think that trading is the most complex and it requires a lot of expertise and commitments in order to minimize loses and become profitable in it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2366
Merit: 837

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2024, 03:31:10 PM

The subject of the thread really caught my attention, and I'm eager to know how to follow whales too, but the comments so far is about the indicators to follow, so I guess that whales do not want people to follow them, every trader has to research and find their own indicators. You suggestion is also good, a trader can follow a signal group, and make the most of it, in all the crypto space, I think that trading is the most complex and it requires a lot of expertise and commitments in order to minimize loses and become profitable in it.
How do you know they are actually whales?

See how they are rich with their assets, lifestyle like Sam Bankman-Fried?

Whales can be smart with investment, trading or just are rich because of their scam, fraudulent activities like SBF.

Following whales will be like using a double-edged sword and you can get benefit or get harmed. If you are not smart, you can be manipulated by their signals and become victims of their distribution.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 601

View Profile
March 24, 2024, 06:59:24 PM

a trader can follow a signal group, and make the most of it, in all the crypto space
I hope that most of the traders, mostly the new ones won't follow any signals group because that's like a bad thing that they can follow with. If they're going to take a look at those groups and they see some significant information whether they're from whales or not, but most likely not then just follow what kind of indicator they're seeing from it.

I think that trading is the most complex and it requires a lot of expertise and commitments in order to minimize loses and become profitable in it.
Not that a lot of expertise, you know the basics but being profitable is truly hard and it doesn't happen to everyone.

Franctoshi

Activity: 854
Merit: 571

View Profile
March 24, 2024, 08:56:06 PM

Saw that this thread was created way back in 2015, However it was bumped. This is a very difficult thing to do or spot and if there's such way to spot when whales are buying everyone would tend to do same thing in order to take the advantage. If you actually want to study the activities of whales or buy when they are buying, go study the wyckoff schematic of accumulation and distribution, this way you have high percentage chance of spotting possible bottoms and tops. The method shows you how the smart money guys operates in the market.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723

View Profile
March 24, 2024, 10:44:59 PM

I actually used to do this by looking at the Richlist of a few tokens. I would track the ones who bought $1M or more and would sell when they sold and add when they added. I did this for many years and honestly it didn't help me become profitable. Basically in a bull market, every whale made money. And when the markets topped, all those whales sold at a loss or they just held on to it while it became -99%.

Its proof that even if you got tons of money you can still make the same bad investment mistakes as some millionaires do. So there is no point really in analysing the blockchain and following whale buys and sells. There is no edge to this. Unless I just did it incorrectly but I am pretty sure these were whale self-custody wallets and not exchanges. And in the end... i got nowhere.

███████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▀█▀████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀██████
████▀▀▀█████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄███████
█████████████████▄▄▄████
█████████████████▀█████
████████████▀██▀████████
████████████████████████
███████████▄▄█████▄▄█████

███████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████▀▀▀
▀▄
▌░░▐▌
█████▄▄█
████████▄
████████▌
███████
███████
██████
██████
█████
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..Play Now..
[
Adbitco

Activity: 1484
Merit: 677

Act Smart and Play safe with Your fund

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2024, 07:14:00 PM

Following whales are like digging a part for yourself to sink into lose usually when followed whale you should know that your capital and their capital can never be the same let say you invest in a project with about $10k and a whale invest with about $500k if market reduces to -65% meaning you are losing $6.5k from your $10k leaving you with $3.5k at this point if you don't have patient enough to hold you could end up waiting your resources.

So it's better do your investment and make your findings whenever the market increases you take profits and let the market swing the way that please itself, people who are always greedy looking forward to follow some specific people to trade always ends up in regrets that is why we must follow them rather trading within your level of investment.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
Gladitorcomeback

Activity: 714
Merit: 601

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2024, 07:50:55 PM

Following whales are like digging a part for yourself to sink into lose usually when followed whale you should know that your capital and their capital can never be the same let say you invest in a project with about $10k and a whale invest with about $500k if market reduces to -65% meaning you are losing $6.5k from your $10k leaving you with $3.5k at this point if you don't have patient enough to hold you could end up waiting your resources.

I don't get your point here. Indeed, the investment capital of a normal trader cannot be equal to the trading capital of a whale, but if a normal trader makes a trade with a whale, on the same cryptocurrency but with a different capital, both would lose the same percentage from their investment if that cryptocurrency loses value. So if you invest $10k and lose $6k in that dip, the whale would lose $600k if he had invested $1m. So the loss percentage is the same and it's based on a trader's loss appetite.

Regardless, a normal trader can't know a whale's movements and when and in which cryptocurrency they will make their trades in, they tend to manipulate the market so that they can earn profit from small traders, so they would never reveal their secrets for the general public.

bayu7adi

Activity: 1442
Merit: 545

dont be greedy

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2024, 10:10:40 PM

As long as they want to manipulate the market in their own way, their movements are truly difficult to detect unless they are happening at that very moment. Of the things you mentioned, volume is the most reasonable thing to consider. However, once again because they are trying to manipulate the market, it could all be happening secretly.

We can see suspicious market movements based on volume as well, so I think this is the most worth considering.

One thing that might occur to me is that their activities are not always profitable in every activity, but in the end their goal is profit. Yes, if you only follow the movements of the whales half way, there is a big possibility that you will experience losses... so if you understand how to move the same as the movements of the whales, you have to follow from start to finish, because we all know that they can sustain losses. to dump the market and bounce it again to take profit.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1225

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
March 25, 2024, 11:11:52 PM

Don't follow any whale. They will mess up your brain as you will constantly be glued to their wallets as if you don't have a life of your own. In the past I was concerned about that too and on-chain analyses would help in that aspect. It wasn't to monitor when those whales are buying more or selling off what they had. It was purely to check out projects those whales are deploying funds to, and then research those projects if they aren't popular already. In this space, I've come to realize that once a project is being talked about by most people, just know it's already getting late buying into it.

In all these, learning TA (technical analysis) is key. That skill enables one know the likely direction the market could be moving. On TA, the best indicators to use in my opinion are indicators that lead and empower breakouts (BO) like trend lines, pivots points S&R. Learn how to use those and you will be happier you did now. L

Before you boast of your material acquisition, take a stroll to a morgue and there you will find those who were once better than you're. Only fools think they've it all. Stay humble 🤔
Natsuu

Activity: 1148
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 26, 2024, 03:05:27 AM

Don't follow any whale. They will mess up your brain as you will constantly be glued to their wallets as if you don't have a life of your own. In the past I was concerned about that too and on-chain analyses would help in that aspect. It wasn't to monitor when those whales are buying more or selling off what they had. It was purely to check out projects those whales are deploying funds to, and then research those projects if they aren't popular already. In this space, I've come to realize that once a project is being talked about by most people, just know it's already getting late buying into it.

In all these, learning TA (technical analysis) is key. That skill enables one know the likely direction the market could be moving. On TA, the best indicators to use in my opinion are indicators that lead and empower breakouts (BO) like trend lines, pivots points S&R. Learn how to use those and you will be happier you did now. L

However not all people are capable of trading. They are not able to manage their funds due to some stress or technicalities. And that's their last resort is to follow someone who is already making money. There's is nothing wrong with that! In professional terms, that's what you call Copy Trading. As much as you can follow a system, and the person you are following is legitimate then you will be profitable long term.

Most exchanges now are allowing copytrading. Binance I believe do offer copy trading where you can copy trades of profitable trades. Though you may not actually copy whales, you can still have the system of profitable investors and traders.

Adbitco

Activity: 1484
Merit: 677

Act Smart and Play safe with Your fund

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2024, 06:34:24 AM

I don't get your point here. Indeed, the investment capital of a normal trader cannot be equal to the trading capital of a whale, but if a normal trader makes a trade with a whale, on the same cryptocurrency but with a different capital, both would lose the same percentage from their investment if that cryptocurrency loses value. So if you invest $10k and lose $6k in that dip, the whale would lose $600k if he had invested $1m. So the loss percentage is the same and it's based on a trader's loss appetite.

Regardless, a normal trader can't know a whale's movements and when and in which cryptocurrency they will make their trades in, they tend to manipulate the market so that they can earn profit from small traders, so they would never reveal their secrets for the general public.
Okay I understand your point now, look what I am trying to say is that before the market could dip whale has already sold out their holding and as a small trader you won't know they are responsible for the dip whereby a small trader would still have this mindsets that s/he is losing together with the whale without knowing those dude has already taken profits.

The problems is that you can't tell or detect the direction of the whale when they sell or buy but for you know is when the market is dipping as I understand that most of marketing changes is a result of whale manipulating the market or as results if bad news that hit the market so severely.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
husencoe

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2024, 08:57:24 AM

I realised that small group of whales basicly own bitcoin market and do whatever they want with price. On which indicators I have to watch to follow them?

I think the essence of trading is to follow market movements. Too many indicators sometimes make us confused. I'm prefer to follow the trends in the market. We have to look at price trend movements on several different time frames so we can find the major trend. When the trend is bullish, then buy and hold until the trend changes. If the trend is bearrish, then sell or stay clam. It is also important to carry out fundamental analysis so that we have an investment plan and can carry out technical analysis to make investment selection and proportions. If your prediction is wrong, make corrections immediately so you don't experience a lot of losses and correct it another time. I don't believe in whales and I even don't know them, I believe it is a market trend and I will follow it.
michellee

Activity: 2828
Merit: 844

BetFury.com Cryptodrop 🌔 Share $20 MLN in

View Profile
March 26, 2024, 11:15:26 AM

It is difficult to follow whales movements because we never know where the whales will move. Besides that, when some coins are moved, it is not necessarily a movement of whales. The large volume also does not guarantee it is a whale move.

Maybe you can analyze the coins on the market and then determine which coins you will analyze further. However, knowing whether whales are following the coin will not be easy because no one knows who is trading the coin.

That's why you have to have the ability to analyze coin movements so you can know which coin will move, although that doesn't guarantee you can know for sure. We can only try to analyze to find the coin.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀