Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:28:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you trust your Bitcoins to a Bitcoin Bank with annual 10% interest rate?  (Read 10746 times)
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 06:00:55 PM

If it would be a known bank when i would invest in it, then yes, i would probably trust them with a few BTC.
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 06:03:02 PM

Would you, or would you not?

No.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
Ruzka

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 06:27:22 PM

A big part of why I like bitcoin so much is that they the banks don't have control of it. I like being in control of my own money my own bank and that is priceless. Ten percent is not even close to me selling out if at all. The question I would ask is why and how can they give the interest rate when they are not printing coins?

Gloober

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 06:39:23 PM

I wouldn't. Just because of the fact that I believe I could make much more just holding my bitcoins rather than put it in a bitcoin bank.
Plus if this bank would work like an actual bank they would be able to give out loans. Giving out loans would mean that the bank would use other people's bitcoins to give out those loans.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 06:59:06 PM

Never! Bitcoin banks will be regulated by Government as they will have to pay taxes and they have to agree on certain government rules like "Don't loan out more than 1btc's with 10% interest"etc.The minute government and this commercial banks come into picture ,I get insecure about bitcoin's existence and smooth flow that we have created .
Kingno.1

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 07:28:22 PM

I can think about that. If the bank gives us 10% annualy in terms of amount of money, then i will not invest in it. But if the bank gives me intrest in bitcoins, then i will definitely invest in that bank.
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 07:33:01 PM

Hell NO!

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
knowhow

Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 10:18:50 PM

Even knowing and being an atracting interest ,and well the potencial income amazing ,where the banks would generate those ammount? Playing exchange?No one would request a loan to pay 10% when they can have the loan for something like half or less %.Sure some people would give a try if there is a well know person or big bank,into such project,but put a company into the interest would allow government to tax the company and control the bank soo the answer would be no ,no way to put my money into bank to government control it once again.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 04:31:56 PM

I can think about that. If the bank gives us 10% annualy in terms of amount of money, then i will not invest in it. But if the bank gives me intrest in bitcoins, then i will definitely invest in that bank.

The problem is bitcoin moves like hell this days. If you will take interest through bitcoin what would you prefer. I mean in what way would you like to profit. still the best profit is just holding your bitcoin for a price increase.
kyrios_

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 05:27:11 PM

Even knowing and being an atracting interest ,and well the potencial income amazing ,where the banks would generate those ammount? Playing exchange?No one would request a loan to pay 10% when they can have the loan for something like half or less %.Sure some people would give a try if there is a well know person or big bank,into such project,but put a company into the interest would allow government to tax the company and control the bank soo the answer would be no ,no way to put my money into bank to government control it once again.

check haobtc. they have an interest paying wallet. the btc stored there are used to fund their mining operation and that's how hey generate interest
knowhow

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 10:04:51 PM

check haobtc. they have an interest paying wallet. the btc stored there are used to fund their mining operation and that's how hey generate interest

But main question is they are legit and honest,running a business with a model to always profit or is just another ponzi project to pay in the begining and then run away.Its weird no one had talked about those  haobtc project or well im outdated i didnt saw nothing.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 10:13:00 PM

Given the condition that my funds and annual interest profits are strictly in bitcoins, i would be interested in the idea.
10% a year sounds like something realistic, they could make profits in giving loans @>10% and payout their clients that are saving.
But idk, there's something about banks that's repulsive, so i'm not sure i would make such a step.

cheers
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 10:14:53 PM

if it was a legit company bank like coinbase or something then definitely yes. but if it was something someone just created then i wouldnt, mainly because of the lack of credibility.
the_poet
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 10:21:32 PM

10% seems unrealistic. 5% or 6% would be much more likely to happen.

Under construction.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 10:23:58 PM

If it's a legit bank I don't see why not, but that figure is just fantasy really, why would they offer such high rate when you can't even get 2% in most banks with dollars?

Also I don't think Bitcoins and banks really mix as of today, they prefer to see Bitcoin as something evil, it's more like an enemy. Only startups, tech companies and entrepreneurs adopted Bitcoin so far.
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 10:26:40 PM

So unrealistic. So, no.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
Etoiliste

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 10:27:53 PM

10% seems small to bitcoin at this rate better be 15% or more also i will never trust a bank with my BTC
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 10:32:51 PM

10% seems small to bitcoin at this rate better be 15% or more also i will never trust a bank with my BTC
No, it is not small at all. But the problem lies in something else. With bitcoin volatility is is hard to guess price of BTC in 12 months.
If that interest would be payed from the initial value of deposit we have a problem - this value could be lower that bitcoin price during the year, and that mean your potential loss, because you could react and buy/sell to prevent this outcome.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 10:44:29 PM

It would depend who is behind the bank.

An anonymous party
> Hell no!

A branch of a large international bank
> Sure why not. If they have reasonable fees and provide 10% interest I am prepared to give in some privacy.

Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 11:06:34 PM

If it was a big bitcoin company that made the bank, I would trust them. If it was some unheard of company, no way.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: