Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:13:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Gh to Watt Miner?  (Read 1782 times)
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:56:25 AM

If you were a bitcoin miner in the early days you might have profited a lot from mining. You cannot expect to make even 10% of that today.

Its better to buy and hold bitcoins for profit.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 02:08:58 PM

If you were a bitcoin miner in the early days you might have profited a lot from mining. You cannot expect to make even 10% of that today.

Its better to buy and hold bitcoins for profit.

Mining still can be done.   It just is not as easy.  It was almost guarenteed 3 month ROI.

No it just takes longer.  And a lot of factors determine it.  But it still can and is being done by many.
paradoxum

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 10:37:51 AM

It's a shame Bitmain hasn't had a good home option (ie low noise) for mining that has decent efficiency since the S3.

You need a spot for miners at this point almost.  You can run a Avalon 6 easier in side a room.  But S7 would be hard without actually doing some sound mods. Phil has shown a good one in past.

But I would not expect the miners to be any smaller.  You either need to be able to get use to it, or have an area.  I think it's moving from home miner to hobby miner.  That is the trend I see.

Given the crap that Yifu has surrounding him I don't want anything to do with anything named Avalon ever again - even if it costs me a chance at profit.

I have space, but I can't tolerate loud miners where I plan on placing them so I'm out of viable options currently.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 02:17:43 PM

It's a shame Bitmain hasn't had a good home option (ie low noise) for mining that has decent efficiency since the S3.

You need a spot for miners at this point almost.  You can run a Avalon 6 easier in side a room.  But S7 would be hard without actually doing some sound mods. Phil has shown a good one in past.

But I would not expect the miners to be any smaller.  You either need to be able to get use to it, or have an area.  I think it's moving from home miner to hobby miner.  That is the trend I see.

Given the crap that Yifu has surrounding him I don't want anything to do with anything named Avalon ever again - even if it costs me a chance at profit.

I have space, but I can't tolerate loud miners where I plan on placing them so I'm out of viable options currently.

And that is a valid thing. I can see why some that lost have hard feelings.  I was lucky never loss have had nothing but good from them.  Ehash and BlockC both sides I have dealt with.

There is way's to quiet miners out there.  Look at Phils rig he showed once he made the S7 quite with something he built behind it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: