Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:17:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Buyer on BitFloor  (Read 2827 times)
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 01:40:40 PM

Please stop spreading misinformation about the debt responsibilities and client holdings of BitFloor as it relates to the US legal system.
So if I hold BTC with you, you have no obligation of returning them to me upon request ?

All I see is a question which you've not yet answered. As I said I know nothing about the situation and I'd like to know. Stephen Gornick explained matters sufficiently well, so unless you have a counterpoint to his explanation, post it rather than try to imply .... What are you implying, exactly? I don't even
Don't waste your time, Stephen Gornick is 100% right. Shtylman is in a massive debt towards its users. And not so surprisingly he starts defining Bitcoins as monopoly money as soon as you start reminding him of it. And for some reason a couple idiots follow him...

The only reason there are massive bids, is that people want to get out of bitfloor and put as much distance between them and the massive pile of fail it has become.

Shtylman, you're dead in this business, so is your exchange.

QFT.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toffoo

Activity: 408
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 02:10:36 PM

As an unaffiliated outside observer, I belief both sgornick and shtylman make valid points here and it's not obvious that either is completely right or wrong.  We all know that resolution of conflicts of bitcoin is a legal grey area.

shtylman built a good exchange that was unfortunately caught in a bad situation (or so the story goes) and has done a decent job of attempting to recover from it under difficult circumstances.

sgornick makes excellent and valid points about how that recovery was executed and the potential risks going forward.

Let's not resort to name calling or attempting to silence valid criticism.

Let's use this forum as intended, as a free and open discussion that benefits the entire community.  Put the information out there (color it if you must toward your point of view) and let the each individual decide what's best for their own interests.

HDSolar

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 10:15:16 PM

As an unaffiliated outside observer, I belief both sgornick and shtylman make valid points here and it's not obvious that either is completely right or wrong.  We all know that resolution of conflicts of bitcoin is a legal grey area.

shtylman built a good exchange that was unfortunately caught in a bad situation (or so the story goes) and has done a decent job of attempting to recover from it under difficult circumstances.

sgornick makes excellent and valid points about how that recovery was executed and the potential risks going forward.

Let's use this forum as intended, as a free and open discussion that benefits the entire community.  Put the information out there (color it if you must toward your point of view) and let the each individual decide what's best for their own interests.
+1

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 10:36:06 PM

+1

Merely +1.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 01:39:49 AM

You're a moron. Go away.

If you would like to continue, I suggest we take it outside, or to the "Let insult each other!" thread.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 09:44:27 AM

If you would like to continue
My time is valuable, so thanks but no thanks.

danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 06:02:26 PM

Scenario:
I lend you 10 btc.  You agree to pay back on January 1.

January 1 arrived, you say you don't have the Bitcoins.  But, since it was just monopoly money, you have no obligation to pay me back.

Does that sound OK to you?

(sorry to continue this, btw)

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: