Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:01:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting Observation - Jr. Members talking about ASIC  (Read 3233 times)
Dalkore (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 05:18:46 PM

Just something I wanted to point because I thought it was interesting.

I see many posts on here that seem to discuss ASIC in regards to there affect on mining.   When I look at who is posting them and the subject matter, they seem to be a bunch of new members and at some point in their post history, they support BFL and dismiss or question other companies competing products.

For some reason it seems interesting that they all seem to come here to talk good about BFL's products, that is the common thread.  One that was funny is the "person" who in the introduction is "Hi I am a ASIC engineer from China".  Who are these people? 

Posts to look at:

BFL to not match competitors products not shipped
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=127550.0

BFL competitors days numbered?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=126818.0

Check out these new commercials for BFL
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=118187.0

Finally photos of real BFL Single SC and Jalapeno ASICs
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=119367.0

BFL's new "highspeed manufacturing" capability?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=114739.0

Info about BFL Power Draw
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110138.0

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 05:30:50 PM

We're all sockpuppets.  BFL pays well.

Wink

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
Dalkore (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 05:32:30 PM

We're all sockpuppets.  BFL pays well.

Wink

I bet they do.   

Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 05:34:09 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=109349.msg1201489#msg1201489

Dude, I called it months ago.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Dalkore (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 05:37:58 PM

Yes you did.  Good one.   Pretty pathetic if you ask me. 

Odi

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 05:20:07 AM

Personally, I learned about BTC a year ago and started mining with a small $200 purchase of GPUs.  I mostly read posts and seldom posted.  Then I just got busy and stopped following it for a while (I even switched from pool mining to solo mining so I wouldn't have to deal with pools shutting down or needing miner upgrades).  I forgot about it until one day when I needed to reboot a computer and saw I had found a block solo mining.  I decided to look into BTC again, and saw that ASICs were being developed.

So I looked into it a bit, pre-ordered one, and have mostly been reading posts and seldom posting.

Bitcoin is like a variation of Schrödinger's Cat. Everything about it is both scam and fully legit at the same time until you open the box. - ElectricMucus
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 06:42:09 AM

I'm surprised that it took you this long to figure it out. It should have been pretty obvious. Every single person on this board, except for you and a few other people, is part of the conspiracy. We call ourselves the "Brotherhood". Our goal was to take all of your money. Those bitcoin things? They were invented just to suck you in so that you would give us all your money.

I'm telling you this now because the conspiracy has been exposed, and there is no way we are going to get any more money from you. We (the "Brotherhood") are going to return to our normal lives now. Go ahead and send me all your BTC. It's just a big hoax anyway.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Dalkore (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 06:21:33 PM

I'm surprised that it took you this long to figure it out. It should have been pretty obvious. Every single person on this board, except for you and a few other people, is part of the conspiracy. We call ourselves the "Brotherhood". Our goal was to take all of your money. Those bitcoin things? They were invented just to suck you in so that you would give us all your money.

I'm telling you this now because the conspiracy has been exposed, and there is no way we are going to get any more money from you. We (the "Brotherhood") are going to return to our normal lives now. Go ahead and send me all your BTC. It's just a big hoax anyway.

Hahaha, thank you for the good chuckle.   Good stuff. 

ewhenn

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 05:32:39 AM

Ahhhh ASIC.... the Duke Nukem Forever of bitcoin.
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 08:18:34 AM

I know you joined in March, but you have 30 posts. Thanks for (half?) confirming!

ewhenn

Activity: 59

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 12:01:10 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2012, 05:51:55 AM by ewhenn

I know you joined in March, but you have 30 posts. Thanks for (half?) confirming!

Not sure how I'm confirming, I don't support BFL, or any other ASIC mfr for that matter.

I don't buy into a product being legitimate until there is a prototype, or legitimate signs of a real product undergoing production.  

It's all vaporware to me (hardware or software) until that point.

Maybe you're just not familiar with Duke Nukem Forever? 

Intended to be groundbreaking, Duke Nukem Forever became a notable example of vaporware due to its severely protracted development schedule; the game was released in 2011 after fifteen years of development. The game was a financial success but received middling to negative critical reception.
fydel

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

Hasta la Bitcoin siempre!

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 08:39:13 PM

It is pretty obvious that the four people accused of being BFL trolls _all_ have the same habbit of using new lines between their paragraphs.
What a coincidence in the love of special text layouts.

I laugh at your poor propaganda skills while I am rolling on the floor.

edit: typo

hamster
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 09:11:29 PM

It is pretty obvious that the four people accused of being BFL trolls _all_ have the same habbit of using new lines between their paragraphs.

I was thinking Destruct and wdBTCtrader could perhaps, maybe, conceivably be sockpuppets...

@creativex seem you can't read the third post..

and no you can't sue. When you pre-ordered at no point did they say "on December 2nd you will have you device in your hand" get your head of your ass. Games, cars, movies, cell phones... god damn everything gets delayed for various reasons. So stop being a worthless piece of shit to humanity and get your refund if you're unhappy other GFTO

Have a look at that underlined sentence there. Reminds you of someone else does it not?
Could be a copy cat fanboy of that certain someone, but... really? This, after 17 posts?  Roll Eyes

So tired of the BS.... Like dealing with kids.   In fact I'm convinced that a great number of the people in this community are either high school students trying to score on SR or college students who still know everything.  

Their post histories are quite entertaining:

destruct: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=74125
wdBTCtrader: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=63316

They're angry at "trolls". They hate creativex. And... whaddayaknow, they both fit that peculiar double breakline pattern. Strange coincidence indeed.
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 09:35:17 PM

I was thinking Destruct and wdBTCtrader could perhaps, maybe, conceivably be sockpuppets...

and no you can't sue. When you pre-ordered at no point did they say "on December 2nd you will have you device in your hand" get your head of your ass. Games, cars, movies, cell phones... god damn everything gets delayed for various reasons. So stop being a worthless piece of shit to humanity and get your refund if you're unhappy other GFTO
Have a look at that underlined sentence there. Reminds you of someone else does it not?
Could be a copy cat fanboy of that certain someone, but... really? This, after 17 posts?  Roll Eyes
I don't recall that certain someone using such sloppy grammar. The lack of capitalization and punctuation, never mind the total lack of a sentence structure, is very uncharacteristic.

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 09:35:33 PM

They're angry at "trolls". They hate creativex. And... whaddayaknow, they both fit that peculiar double breakline pattern. Strange coincidence indeed.

How could anyone hate...moi?  Shocked

wdBTCtrader

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 10:03:05 PM

So tired of the BS.... Like dealing with kids.   In fact I'm convinced that a great number of the people in this community are either high school students trying to score on SR or college students who still know everything.  

Their post histories are quite entertaining:

destruct: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=74125
wdBTCtrader: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=63316

no, not a sock puppet... take a look at the BFL forums I've given them hell as well.  If I see BS I'm going to call you on it, plain and simple.  I don't hate anyone and they shouldn't take any of this personally.  
wdBTCtrader

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 10:13:39 PM

This was in response to those changing their posts. Not editing them, but actually changing content and meaning. 
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 10:56:02 PM

I don't hate anyone and they shouldn't take any of this personally.

Aww...so we can still be friends!?! That's groovy! Grin

wdBTCtrader

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 01:01:04 AM

I don't hate anyone and they shouldn't take any of this personally.

Aww...so we can still be friends!?! That's groovy! Grin

I KNOW!  Isn't just, like, SO... AWESOME! =D
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 01:21:59 AM

If I see BS I'm going to call you on it, plain and simple.  I don't hate anyone and they shouldn't take any of this personally.  

Ok. Whoops. Sorry. I completely apologize for bringing your name up.  Embarrassed
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: