Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:31:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-12-08] Former SS Agent Shaun Gets 71-Month Sentence for Silk Road "Fraud"  (Read 251 times)
hendra147 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 09:07:49 AM

Shaun Bridges was handed a 71-month prison sentence for fraud he perpetrated over the course of the Silk Road investigation.

Former Secret Service agent Shaun Bridges was handed a 71-month prison sentence for fraud he perpetrated over the course of the Silk Road investigation.
Bridges allegedly used the credentials taken from an arrested Silk Road employee, Curtis Green, to transfer $820,000 worth of bitcoin to his personal account on bitcoin exchange MtGox, and from there, to a Fidelity account.

http://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/former-ss-agent-shaun-bridges-gets-71-month-sentence-for-silk-road-fraud/
Kalamsid

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 09:11:11 AM

"In August, he pleaded guilty to charges of money laundering and obstruction of justice. He reached a plea deal with prosecutors in June. He had potentially faced a maximum of 20 years in jail."

I think he should be in prison for more than 71 months. The punishment of the bitcoin related crime can improve the reputation of bitcoin.
hendra147 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 09:26:09 AM

"In August, he pleaded guilty to charges of money laundering and obstruction of justice. He reached a plea deal with prosecutors in June. He had potentially faced a maximum of 20 years in jail."

I think he should be in prison for more than 71 months. The punishment of the bitcoin related crime can improve the reputation of bitcoin.

if the law in prison actually enforced I believe 20 years is enough, 20years without internet, without comunication and etc could make a mental him down and he will feel remorse.

but I'm not sure the law in prison actually enforced.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: