Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:39:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY] Compiling coins: small errors when daemon compiling on linux vps  (Read 913 times)
altcoiner- (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 01:34:39 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2015, 07:17:40 AM by altcoiner-

im trying to compile a few daemons for some testing purposes, i have run into these errors with certain coins i want to compile:

make: *** [obj/init.o] Error 1
make: *** [obj/net.o] Error 1
make: *** [obj/key.o] Error 1
make: *** [obj/wallet.o] Error 1
make: *** [obj/addressmap.o] Error 1
make: *** [obj/alert.o] Error 1
make: *** [obj/main.o] Error 1
make: *** [version.cpp.o] Error 1

All similar errors, I'm willing to pay .0025BTC bounty for a simple solution or command to run to fix this, and let the daemons compile normally.
Mostly 'mkdir obj' did the trick, but in this case it seems it is a file that is missing, not a directory.
Could one just copy from another coin into the appropriate location, and try compiling again? edit- tried that, didn't work

Post your address with your response, if it works will send you .0025 and will provide txid on this thread
altcoiner- (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 02:04:47 PM

note- all of these are bitcoin/litecoin forks
moved this to tech support maybe better place to look for help
still .0025btc bounty
BaalMcKloud

Activity: 910
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:08:56 PM

can you post the github links for the coins that dont compile?
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 1303

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:22:49 PM

im trying to compile a few daemons for some testing purposes, i have run into these errors with certain coins i want to compile:

All similar errors, I'm willing to pay .0025BTC bounty for a simple solution or command to run to fix this, and let the daemons compile normally.
Mostly 'mkdir obj' did the trick, but in this case it seems it is a file that is missing, not a directory.
Could one just copy from another coin into the appropriate location, and try compiling again? edit- tried that, didn't work

Post your address with your response, if it works will send you .0025 and will provide txid on this thread

Is your obj directory in your src directory?  (Where is your make file?)
altcoiner- (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:24:39 PM

there's quite a few

this only works if the obj directory is whats missing, but in this case i am pretty sure it is the file. doing 'mkdir obj' does not fix these errors...
tried everything, i am sure it's file related
BaalMcKloud

Activity: 910
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:40:50 PM

post 2 links and i will test compile it
cr1776
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:44:11 PM

there's quite a few

this only works if the obj directory is whats missing, but in this case i am pretty sure it is the file. doing 'mkdir obj' does not fix these errors...

Yes, but did you do the mkdir obj inside the source directory?
Where is the make file?
altcoiner- (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:09:09 PM

there's quite a few

Yes, but did you do the mkdir obj inside the source directory?
Where is the make file?

inside /src
makefile is also in /src
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:04:59 PM

I'm curious what compiler you're using.  My C compiler (gcc) usually gives text errors along with error codes.  You've just posted "error 1", but that's not terribly informative unless you can find the index of what kind of error "error 1" is.  Maybe if you pastebin you're entire build terminal session we'd have more info to help you.
cr1776
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 01:01:31 AM

Do you have a more verbose error log then?  :-)
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 01:12:29 AM

Me?  No.  I'm not the OP.  That's the same thing I was asking of the OP.  (Maybe you were just emphasizing?)
cr1776
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 01:41:52 AM

Me?  No.  I'm not the OP.  That's the same thing I was asking of the OP.  (Maybe you were just emphasizing?)

That was to OP.  I had just cut out all the replies between the two of us.  :-)
altcoiner- (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 05:48:28 AM

As requested, not an error log but here is the whole copmilation for the coin Nubits (https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/nubit.git)

Code:
*********:~/*****/nubit/src# make -f makefile.unix
g++ -c -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-unused-parameter -Wformat -Wformat-security -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -I/root/coinsrc/nubit/src -I/root/coinsrc/nubit/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2 -MMD -o obj/scanbalance.o scanbalance.cpp
/bin/sh ../share/genbuild.sh obj/build.h
g++ -c -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-unused-parameter -Wformat -Wformat-security -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -I/root/coinsrc/nubit/src -I/root/coinsrc/nubit/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2 -MMD -o obj/version.o version.cpp
g++ -c -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-unused-parameter -Wformat -Wformat-security -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -I/root/coinsrc/nubit/src -I/root/coinsrc/nubit/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2 -MMD -o obj/checkpoints.o checkpoints.cpp
g++ -c -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-unused-parameter -Wformat -Wformat-security -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -I/root/coinsrc/nubit/src -I/root/coinsrc/nubit/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2 -MMD -o obj/netbase.o netbase.cpp
g++ -c -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-unused-parameter -Wformat -Wformat-security -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -I/root/coinsrc/nubit/src -I/root/coinsrc/nubit/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2 -MMD -o obj/addrman.o addrman.cpp
g++ -c -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-unused-parameter -Wformat -Wformat-security -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -I/root/coinsrc/nubit/src -I/root/coinsrc/nubit/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2 -MMD -o obj/crypter.o crypter.cpp
g++ -c -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-unused-parameter -Wformat -Wformat-security -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -I/root/coinsrc/nubit/src -I/root/coinsrc/nubit/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2 -MMD -o obj/key.o key.cpp
g++ -c -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-unused-parameter -Wformat -Wformat-security -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -I/root/coinsrc/nubit/src -I/root/coinsrc/nubit/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2 -MMD -o obj/db.o db.cpp
g++ -c -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-unused-parameter -Wformat -Wformat-security -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -I/root/coinsrc/nubit/src -I/root/coinsrc/nubit/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2 -MMD -o obj/init.o init.cpp
init.cpp:24:23: fatal error: curl/curl.h: No such file or directory
 #include <curl/curl.h>
                       ^
compilation terminated.

same type of thing as other coins, except it stops at other parts such as key.o, net.o, addressmap.o etc
any ideas?
cr1776
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:02:04 AM

Do you have libcurl-dev installed?

Which linux are you running btw?

altcoiner- (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:08:58 AM

unbuntu 4.8
yes, i got it installed as i've compiled other coins no problem ... unless it is outdated... how would i find this out?
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:34:00 AM

unbuntu 4.8
yes, i got it installed as i've compiled other coins no problem ... unless it is outdated... how would i find this out?

Normally you say:

apt-cache policy PACKAGE_NAME

You can use

apt-cache search SEARCHSTRING

to find available packages.   On my system (debian testing)

Code:
tsp@computer:~$ apt-cache search curl-dev
libcurl4-gnutls-dev - development files and documentation for libcurl (GnuTLS flavour)
libcurl4-nss-dev - development files and documentation for libcurl (NSS flavour)
libcurl4-openssl-dev - development files and documentation for libcurl (OpenSSL flavour)

So, anyway, from your error log posted above (good job!), we can see that your compiler isn't finding curl/curl.h in the standard include directories (that's what the < > means).  So, you need to double check some location like /usr/include/ to see if there's a curl/curl.h in there.  Most likely, you need to install one of those libcurl4-*-dev packages.
altcoiner- (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:25:14 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2015, 11:03:45 AM by altcoiner-

unbuntu 4.8

Normally you say:

You can use

Code:
libcurl4-gnutls-dev - development files and documentation for libcurl (GnuTLS flavour)
libcurl4-nss-dev - development files and documentation for libcurl (NSS flavour)
libcurl4-openssl-dev - development files and documentation for libcurl (OpenSSL flavour)

So, anyway, from your error log posted above (good job!), we can see that your compiler isn't finding curl/curl.h in the standard include directories (that's what the < > means).  So, you need to double check some location like /usr/include/ to see if there's a curl/curl.h in there.  Most likely, you need to install one of those libcurl4-*-dev packages.
and will that replace my current package? I've done this already, tried many different packages and I can't seem to get it to work
I'm sort of confused how I can kill all these birds with one stone (the whole lot of errors) since there is multiple files missing, i've actually installed a few packages now with no luck.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:40:46 PM

unbuntu 4.8

Normally you say:

You can use

Code:

and will that replace my current package? I've done this already, tried many different packages and I can't seem to get it to work

Well, what is your current package?  If you post the result of "apt-cache search curl-dev" and then "apt-cache policy PACKAGE-NAME" for the relevant name of the curl-dev package on your distro then we'd at least know if you've got something installed.  At the worst case, you can just get a tarball of the curl source and stick the .h file in the relevant location, but it's nicer to let your system's distro do the work for you.

I'm sort of confused how I can kill all these birds with one stone (the whole lot of errors) since there is multiple files missing, i've actually installed a few packages now with no luck.

You may need multiple stones, so to speak.  The only thing I know to do with compiler errors is to address them one by one.  Often, though, there are fewer problems than error messages.  In any case, getting the curl headers going is your first task.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: