Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:35:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Farm satoshi is a scam?  (Read 12217 times)
Graphics

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 12:39:31 AM

You shouldn't invest in the site. I grew my levels from nothing and I'm earning pretty good money right now.

If you don't invest anything in the site you won't lose anything even if the site goes scam. You just lose your spare time that you didn't need anyway.
CryptoArts

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 02:26:56 AM

It is sad to see most of these great faucet games turn to be scam one by one.

Most likely their aims are good at beginning, but they promise to pay too much satoshis and cant pay that much at the end. Just my thoughts.
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 02:33:06 AM

I use farmsatoshi also in my sparetime just for fun.
but im not getting any problems from it since the beginning
of my registration. i even withdraw a couple of times in it.
so i cannot say it is really a scam.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
ECoinLand

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 07:38:39 AM

I was on level 25 since about a month. There is no more reinvestment possible, so I started withdrawing all my earnings, about 80000 satoshis a day. On saturday my account was suspended when I was ordering a withdrawal, allegedly for violating t&Cs. Since I'm not aware of any such violation, I mailed them asking for an explanation twice (inmediately and after 2 days again), and got no answer.

So my conclusion is that they are selectively getting rid of non profitable accounts (for them).

I am in the same case as you.

I am a veteran player who joined in June 2015, and when reached to level 25 in august, I started to withdraw to Xapo and with no problems.
With no problems up to yesterday, that as usual I atttended the farm, and I saw my balance was around 950,000 satoshi, so I decided it was a good time to cash out some satoshi to Xapo.
So when I attempted to withdraw 500,000 satoshi I got session teriminated, and shown the message about "account suspended cause breaching ToC".
The total accrued withdrawals done by me from august to now sum 8,000,000 satoshi in 16 withdrawals of 500,000 satoshi, all with no problem up to yesterday.The 17th withdrawal attempt got me suspended.
I have contacted admin in FarmSatoshi forum (via PM, the only way you can contact with), and so far got no response after 24 hours. I wrote a post in the forum of FarmSatoshi, which hasgot no response by admin. Moderator in forum has no competence is this issue, just have perms to moderate forum posts and nothing else.

These are some words by FarmSatoshi webmaster/admin written days earlier, from the game forum:

Hey guys,
your help is much appreciated ! we did toughen up our anti cheating systems slightly which resulted in a few extra banned accounts .
We do appreciate a lot that the genuine players are giving us a hand by posting their payment proofs and defending the reputation and honesty of our games .
Unfortunately, many cheaters will simply pretend the game is unfair when they get banned Sad
with Love , Admin

What if that "tight up anti cheating systems slightly" means that right now that algorythm is throwing too many false positives? Doing an analogy/metaphor: like antivirus SW which detects viruses in their heuristical analysis, which turn to be just a false positive.

The list of players who are getting their account suspended at withdrawl is growing; another level 25 veteran player (with an account ID below 200) has been also suspended. The fact that other few players say that they have been able to withdraw, doesnt change my feeling that something is very screwed in Farmsatoshi "anti cheating systems", that is throwing false positives.

At least my case is a false positive:
- I do not use any bots
- the ads of the website are not blocked by my adblock extension (so the site is in whitelist)
- I complete always the antibot captcha used when buying water in game, and that it helps to stop bot scripts
- I have played around 100-150 of the "Speed game" mini-game
- I have written articles in my website about the game, how to play it, how to make a profit at it
- I coded a little userscript which filters the website chat box messages by user, since there is no way to moderate the messages, so as to ignore spammers and offenders there.

In the end I have used a lot of time in this faucet game, and forum. Why would I use any bot script, or risk to use it, if I have spent so much time on the game? It makes no sense.

If I was a bot user, I wouldnt be spending any time on the website, just let any script run and dedicate my time to other activity. That is what bot users do.

So, up to yesterday I had only positive words about FarmSatoshi, except the fact that the Community/Support Management has been quite poor since months. So up to yesterday, it was the King/Queen of Bitcoin faucet games, IMO.

But after my suspension, and reading other cases, in my opinion FarmSatoshi admin right now is overwhelmed by many false positives, and so far s/he has taken the silent way.
FarmSatoshi is in crisis, and let's see which is the road that admin takes:
- a honest, professional road; or
- s/he keeps the current silent/coward road; or
- if it turns that website is not paying legit users anymore and becomes just another scam website like many others

This last choice makes little sense taking in count that the same webmaster has released CannonSatoshi 12 days ago.
 Well, there is quite an important difference in CannonSatoshi: it is possible to invest in it, starting by a minimum amount as of 1 million satoshi (0.01 BTC). My recommendation right now is to not invest a satoshi, till all the crisis in FarmSatoshi gets resolved one or other way.

ECoinLand

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 07:46:11 AM

if not is possible reinvest, how see the non profitable accounts (for them)? i'm at level 22 and have withdraw now with xapo

Well, sure that admin can read what is your total earned amount so far in game.

Since no invest is possible, every account which makes "large" amount of satoshis culd be a potential non-profitable (for website) account. So far I had earned and withdrawn 0.08 BTC to Xapo, and with no problem. My balance is/was over 900k satoshi, so when I decided to do my 17th wthdrawal of 500,000 satoshi, then I got suspended.

Am I non-profitable account? Maybe, but right now I cant (yet) think that the FarmSatoshi admin is trying to get rid of accounts like mine doing some decent amount of satoshi.
I want to think, still, that all of this is a mistake, by the code being used to hunt for bot and cheat users, which is finding false positives as mine, and suspending accounts automatically.

zivone

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 07:57:22 AM

Really? I actually wanted to stop visiting that website but I already spent so much time on it and currently am at level 14 so I thought  I'll just continue since I already wasted time from it. Also with cannonsatoshi and coinbrawl.
ECoinLand

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 07:59:57 AM

I want to write about them in my blog had no time to do it but here is my quick summation of farmsatoshi situation

- there is no tech. support (at all)
- sometimes they don't pay out
- you are lucky if you got suspended for breaching ToS, at least IT IS SOMETHING or any kind of error message at all
- other players just receive "yay, withdrawn 10000 satoshi to your XAPO", and get nothing

make of that what you want.

- Agreed, the Community Management, and Support is really poor if it does exist at all.

- So far they had payed me always up to yesterday, when I got suspended when attempting a new withdraw. That does not mean that other players may have not had problems to withdraw, including the case you mention.

- I could be even luckier if the website would explain why my account was suspended. So far the admin is in silent road: no explanation.

- that case is another side of the second point, and the explanation could be a bug, or simply that the emails used to register Xapo and FarmSatoshi don't match exactly, so the satoshi are sent to other email address based Xapo account, instead the expected one. If this was the case, the game should allow to replace email address in account profile, but unfortunatelly it doesnt, so I have always recommended to register at Xapo first, and to use exactly same email address with same chars and upper/lower cases as  to register at FarmSatoshi.

I mention Xapo, because despite there is a FaucetBox option to withdraw, it has never worked since months (since last July iirc), and the admin does not remove the option from the interfaze. It is just one more example of the lack of some maintenance that suffers the website.

ECoinLand

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 08:06:46 AM

Wow, this is the first time I came across a "Farmsatoshi scam thread". I was one of the first 1000 members of farmsatoshi, used it for a week, then quit because the referrals never got credited to my account. Like the OP mentioned:

1. Poor overall support
2. I did receive my farm earnings without any delay, Xapo only, never tried FaucetBox, do not know the situation now.
3. Yeah, the TOS is based on their own convenience. I had referred some of my friends, no scam, not bot, no VPS, nothing, but still they were not approved.

I do not think farmsatoshi is a scam. First of all, their concept is very much similar to scam sites like goldencow, coinminer etc, but they are not aksing users to invest anything out of their pocket, just the time.

Since this thread has been created, lets wait and see if more complaints pour in. Hope this site does not turn out to be a scam Smiley

Regarding referrals, they would go from "pending" status to "ok" status once levelling up a few levels, and completing some objectives in the level up including some withdraw of satoshi to their Xapo account.
But yep, many players would stay in "pending" status, after just joining and no playing or just playing little.

As you say let's hope that FarmSatoshi admin acts honestly, like a professional and solves the situation of many accounts (like mine) which are being suspended for just attempting to withdraw their satoshi in legit ways.

ECoinLand

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 08:15:03 AM

I said scam because I invested a lot of time, months, to reach level 25, and after a couple of withdrawals they closed my account. No investment asked, right, but time is money anyway. Any faucet would have given me much more.

Well I disagree on that about other faucets games are giving more. So far, before supension, I had withdrawn so far 0.08 BTC from FarmSatoshi. No other faucet that I use matches that. For example in the RobotCoingame I have withdrawn so far around 0.03 BTC.

Tell me a game faucet that with no previous invesment gives you up to 100,000 satoshi a day, and that it pays honestly, and I will play it ! Smiley

ECoinLand

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 08:22:24 AM

I was on level 25 since about a month. There is no more reinvestment possible, so I started withdrawing all my earnings, about 80000 satoshis a day. On saturday my account was suspended when I was ordering a withdrawal, allegedly for violating t&Cs. Since I'm not aware of any such violation, I mailed them asking for an explanation twice (inmediately and after 2 days again), and got no answer.

So my conclusion is that they are selectively getting rid of non profitable accounts (for them).

move this topic (or ask to a moderator) in the right section: scam accusations.

then … how much you have invested?
you get at least some % of profit or your money back?

I hope you don't lost so much and the next time withdraw before they stop reinvestment selling.

No, it is not possible to invest extern BTC into FarmSatoshi.

It is a strategy game were you use your satoshi balance to keep progressing in game, from level 1 to max of level 25. (besides it has a so called 'Speed game' independient minigame, and also a auction minigame, to earn some extra satoshi added to your balance).

Yet, if you invest your time and effort in game day by day, and you earn your satoshi in legit way (no bots, no cheating), then when you can't withdraw the satoshi, and even more, you get suspended account on a withdrawal attempt, how is that called?

I do not want to call it yet scam, I hope it is just a mistake from their anticheat code, but wait and see :|

EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:28:10 AM

Read through ECoinLand's posts, and if this is really happening, that would be bad. I was still enjoying their newest game CannonSatoshi, and having heard this, there would be a chance that it would happen to this game as well. Games are way better than faucets and just plainly solving captchas, only with added twist they are more exciting. I found farmsatoshi quite tiring to manage some time ago, and I did not really bother calculating the efficiency of each animal, so I stopped playing it since then.

However, the new game came out, and I find that it requires less management, just dedication, so I use it daily and even now. Hope that everything would be resolved, and hopefully such bitcoin games can still exist normally.  Undecided (since its tough to rely on ads and all)

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ECoinLand

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 08:30:48 AM

Really? I actually wanted to stop visiting that website but I already spent so much time on it and currently am at level 14 so I thought  I'll just continue since I already wasted time from it. Also with cannonsatoshi and coinbrawl.

My suggestion is to keep playing (but do not do any withdraw) at FarmSatoshi, at least until all this situation is resolved (hopefully in a positive way), and all turns to be a mistake from a too tight anticheat system (code).

Regarding CannonSatoshi, my only recommendation would be to not invest in purchasig gems, at least till the situation with FarmSatoshi is positively resolved, and also till the game turns more mature, since it has been released just 12 days ago.

kwaasteniet

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:32:31 AM

I think @Ecoinland has right. They changed something in the login software and has now a lot of false positive "cheaters"!! I am in the same position as Ecoinland. Played the game a lot of times, has 40 referrals, level 25,  withdraw a lot of bitcoins and suddenly (yesterday) it is over and out: account suspended!
akustik

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:33:07 AM

Read through ECoinLand's posts, and if this is really happening, that would be bad. I was still enjoying their newest game CannonSatoshi, and having heard this, there would be a chance that it would happen to this game as well. Games are way better than faucets and just plainly solving captchas, only with added twist they are more exciting. I found farmsatoshi quite tiring to manage some time ago, and I did not really bother calculating the efficiency of each animal, so I stopped playing it since then.

However, the new game came out, and I find that it requires less management, just dedication, so I use it daily and even now. Hope that everything would be resolved, and hopefully such bitcoin games can still exist normally.  Undecided (since its tough to rely on ads and all)

i m playing Cannonsatoshi like you
and i enjoy it
i hope both of two games will not be scam...
Chufas (OP)

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:05:44 AM

I said scam because I invested a lot of time, months, to reach level 25, and after a couple of withdrawals they closed my account. No investment asked, right, but time is money anyway. Any faucet would have given me much more.

Well I disagree on that about other faucets games are giving more. So far, before supension, I had withdrawn so far 0.08 BTC from FarmSatoshi. No other faucet that I use matches that. For example in the RobotCoingame I have withdrawn so far around 0.03 BTC.

Tell me a game faucet that with no previous invesment gives you up to 100,000 satoshi a day, and that it pays honestly, and I will play it ! Smiley

This situation appears to have started when the admin posted that message you quoted. I didn't know that. Now it's obvious for me that his intention was to cover the site's reputation while getting rid of high level/large withdrawal accounts.
I'm glad you could withdraw .08 BTC from the site. I got hardly .02 BTC. Having spent so much time (I started five months ago, connecting dayly many times a day) I still think any other faucet (I didn't say faucet game) would have been more profitable.
ECoinLand

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 09:29:38 AM

However, the new game came out, and I find that it requires less management, just dedication, so I use it daily and even now. Hope that everything would be resolved, and hopefully such bitcoin games can still exist normally.  Undecided (since its tough to rely on ads and all)

My last withdraw was in Nov the 28th, 2015, with no problem.

This was my 16th withdraw for an accrued  total of 0.08 BTC earned with the game. Then at 17th withdrawal, my account was suspended Sad .

IMO it is/was the best BTC game faucet around, which allows you to earn almost 100,000 satoshi a day, even after the nerf due to Bitcoin price raise in the last weeks. Of course, Farmsatoshi requires constant dedication to earn such amount: it demans to attend warehouse every 2 or 3 hours with most effcient animal plans, which turns out impossible to attend, at least at rest times.
 So, if every 24 hours you can get the animals to produce at least 20 hours that is still 20/24 * 100,000 = 80,000 satoshi earned a day.

For a game which doesnt allow any investment, and that it seems to just get income from advertisement ingame, it is just great!

Even you may choose to play a more relaxed animal plan, to attend warehouse every 4 or 6 hours, and earn som less, but have less dedication. There are no predefined plans, just custom animal sets you use and calculate profits using spreadsheet or whatever.

The next image (included in my article about the game, with hints to earn the most profit) is an example of plans to earn satoshi. Notice that data is from the times before the nerf there was in FarmSatoshi game because Bitcoin price raise, therefore right now it is earned some less:

For example, take plan IV: 2 Bellied Duck, 4 Landrace pig, 5 Katahdin sheep.
It would let you earn 104646 satoshi in 28 hours, that is, 104646 * 24/28 = 89696 satoshi every 24 hours. That is in theory.
But in practice, considering that animals end in different times of the day, that at night  you may miss some hours to attend the warehouse, and that the hay/corn warehouses in that plan would last at least 2 hours and a half (more exactly 2.56 hours and 2.66 hours), then if you rest at night 7 hours, that means your production could be stopped during 4 hours and half, therefore:
104646 * 19.5 / 28 = 72878 satoshi earned every 24 hours, with that plan that I name IV in my spreadsheet.

The game is that flexible, that can fit the game to your level of dedication and earn accordingly, that is why it is/was so fantastic.

Though my concern is that as more and more players reach levels 24 and 25 which allow to earn such amounts per day, and the community keeps growing and is reaching almost 90,000 players , I highly doubt the economic model is sustainable :S, at least so admin makes a profit, that in the end is the purpose of the business.

Same as you I hope there is a long life for these kind of faucet games, despite all the issues there has been in game ( a big one: the FaucetBox withdrawal option stopped working after 2 months the game was released).
And now this, a growing amount of players getting suspended account on withdrawal attempt. Watch this thread in ForumSatoshi, the official forum of the game: http://forumsatoshi.com/showthread.php?3248-Account-banned-suspended

The game right now is in a crisis, let's see how it evolves.

ECoinLand

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 10:03:00 AM

This situation appears to have started when the admin posted that message you quoted. I didn't know that. Now it's obvious for me that his intention was to cover the site's reputation while getting rid of high level/large withdrawal accounts.
I'm glad you could withdraw .08 BTC from the site. I got hardly .02 BTC. Having spent so much time (I started five months ago, connecting dayly many times a day) I still think any other faucet (I didn't say faucet game) would have been more profitable.

I am not sure what is the intention of admin. The game has always suffered some lack of maintenance. Some issues have been fixed and others ignored (take FaucetBox withdrawal option not working since end of July). Therefore I think this situation is like a tide which is slowly growing and growing till finally it floods everything.

As I posted in FarmSatoshi forum, could be several reasons:

(...) IMO admin is overwhelmed by so many account suspension cases. He has used anticheat algorythm which is finding false positives, and he doesnt know how to resolve, and find a fair solution.

Or worse, if it is like you say, then he doesnt want to resolve the issue, but just get rid of players who are earning "large" amount of satoshi, like me. I don't want to think this is the case, cause that would mean to let die this fantastic game.(...)
Read more at http://forumsatoshi.com/showthread.php?3336-My-account-has-just-been-SUSPENDED-as-I-tried-to-withdraw-500-000-satoshi-to-XAPO-(&p=9482#post9482

By other hand, I encourage you, and I am telling you sincerely, to tell me which Bitcoin faucet allows you to earn 8,000,000 satoshi in  4 months. The faucet that has let me earn the most I think it is TakeBitcoin, a total of around 1,500,000 satoshi during that time.

Of course there has been some hybrids of faucet which allowed to invest by upgrade account to "premium" or higher level , and earn more per day, but you see what happened with them, for example the coinbooster io case:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1201371.0

So, please PM me if you wish so, about  such faucets which may allow to earn 80,000 satoshi a day. I know of a few faucets which allow earning 1000 satoshi/hour, but in practice Iam able to claim no more than 10 times per day. Also, right now bonusbitcoin also provides a nice amount of satoshi (and I have been able to earn around 200K-300K satoshi far), but let's see how long it lasts.

Chufas (OP)

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 02:31:54 PM

As I posted in FarmSatoshi forum, could be several reasons:

(...) IMO admin is overwhelmed by so many account suspension cases. He has used anticheat algorythm which is finding false positives, and he doesnt know how to resolve, and find a fair solution.

Or worse, if it is like you say, then he doesnt want to resolve the issue, but just get rid of players who are earning "large" amount of satoshi, like me. I don't want to think this is the case, cause that would mean to let die this fantastic game.(...)
Read more at http://forumsatoshi.com/showthread.php?3336-My-account-has-just-been-SUSPENDED-as-I-tried-to-withdraw-500-000-satoshi-to-XAPO-(&p=9482#post9482

By other hand, I encourage you, and I am telling you sincerely, to tell me which Bitcoin faucet allows you to earn 8,000,000 satoshi in  4 months. The faucet that has let me earn the most I think it is TakeBitcoin, a total of around 1,500,000 satoshi during that time.

So, please PM me if you wish so, about  such faucets which may allow to earn 80,000 satoshi a day. I know of a few faucets which allow earning 1000 satoshi/hour, but in practice Iam able to claim no more than 10 times per day. Also, right now bonusbitcoin also provides a nice amount of satoshi (and I have been able to earn around 200K-300K satoshi far), but let's see how long it lasts.
[/quote]

Unfortunartely those are not my numbers. If I was playing farmsatoshi, it was because it promised about 80.000 sato a day, so being the most profitable faucet, but for me that was not the case: I got 2.000.000 satoshi total. That makes 16.000 satoshi a day in four months. I get 60.000 daily from faucetbox, robotcoin is about 1000 per claim every five minutes.

And I'm afraid what is happening is the second option you propose. Why, if not so, would the admin encourage players to defend the reputation of the game against foul play accusations in advance? He knew there were going to be complaints like ours because he knew his "anti bot" software was going cancel big accounts. He was simply preparing the ground for threads like this.
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 02:44:01 PM

My wife was playing this faucet and today she tried to withdraw 10 000 satoshi. She got instant locked and can't login after this happens.
premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 03:29:16 PM

i hate this game. even faucet pays more than farm satoshi. this game sucks but i loved their idea & website.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: