Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:30:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Craig Wright Satoshi Nakamoto?
Yes, no doubt - 25 (5.7%)
Probably yes - 74 (16.7%)
Probably nope - 148 (33.5%)
No, no doubt - 195 (44.1%)
Total Voters: 442

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL Is Craig Wright Satoshi Nakamoto?  (Read 14412 times)
Cøbra
Bitcoin.org domain administrator

Activity: 123
Merit: 470

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 03:27:08 PM

No, definitely not Satoshi.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 03:35:18 PM

At first yesterday when it first hit the news it seemed to be real, but upon further investigation the supposed proof isn't conclusive enough to simply state that it's satoshi, we could be talking about an elaborate hoax right there.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 05:28:33 PM

Waiting for that PGP signature or movement of coins from the first blocks... let me guess, not going to happen.
This guy totally doesn't fit the profile of Satoshi.

This guy doesn't fit the profile of someone who know one knows and only Gavin Andresen (that we know of publicly) communicated with regularly via email.

What do you know about Satoshi's profile that gives you any insight into his personality or history?
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 05:29:18 PM

"Look at me!" -Craig Wright

The dude is clearly a scammer trying to start a Bitcoin bank (dose that sound like SN?) so he can steal everyone's bitcoins, but he got busted for scamming people out of their money and will rot in jail; maybe karma is real.

Edit: Come on guys your better then this!

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 05:36:20 PM

I don't think it's him.
Satoshi and a Bitcoin Bank? No that can not be true!!!
But this guy is definitely a interesting person.Maybe an egomaniac who needed attention for whatever reason.
Can't wait to read more stories about his past.
I also would like to know way more about his dead friend Dave Kleimann.
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 05:38:43 PM

Out of jealous rage, Wright murdered Kleiman so he could take credit for the creation of bitcoin!

- you heard it here first

maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 05:42:26 PM

We don't have any definitive proof that he is Satoshi. Every evidence shown so far could be fabricated with relative ease, leaked mails, blog entry from the past (are there people who saw his blog in 2009?)
Too much questions and not enough solid answers.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 05:44:21 PM

If he is satoshi I will give away all my btc Smiley
keepdoing

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 05:46:30 PM

If being Satoshi was a crime, could Wright be convicted?
I don't think so.

On the other hand, he may have been part of an original duo and he may have leaked the info on purpose because it suits his agenda at the moment. 

One thing I don't get is how a guy so talented with access to a bitcoin fortune lives so modestly.
Even if he doesn't care about money, he's got a wife and children.

Anybody with children who had access to a fortune, even if they don't want to spend it on themselves, would invest on the best possible education for their children.

What's the story with Wright's wife and kids?
So, like say trying to completely transform and open up the educational system on a global level to all?Huh?

GUESS who is running the following project???  Could it be CRAIG WRIGHT!?!?!?!?!?!

SITE: http://web.archive.org/web/20150212122445/http://hotwirepe.com/our_businesses.html

AND SCROLL DOWN TO EXCERPT:::

INTEGYRZ
Integyrz is a fresh, revolutionary approach to eLearning. Our system is adaptive, and learns from users as they learn from it. Integyrz provides a range of delivery modes to suit every type of user. These involve Learning Management Systems, Massive Open Online Courses, Corporate and Individual training; thus allowing individuals, universities, corporations and other organisations to use the system for their respective educational needs. Our system will equip users with the latest tools and technologies to cater to the ever-changing education landscape. Courses in Integyrz are designed to be fun, interactive and informative. Students learn at their own pace and in their prefered learning style. Instructors can structure their course in various ways such as timed / untimed, graded / ungraded etc. Anyone and everyone can create a course on Integyrz. One can create courses on a variety of topics, such as a simple recipe or a fully-fledged university course. All these and other features make Integyrz one of a kind in the world of eLearning.

NAHHHH!  Definitely not a good or "Satoshi-like" venture.  Seriously people, you are all going to be SOOO very embarrased.  If you would only shut up yapping long enough to research the facts.  
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:00:53 PM

Probably nope I dont think he can be Satoshi Nakamoto as there are very few people who may really know him personally.I can not reach on anything so I gave vote for probably no.
fantoos

Activity: 784

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:03:11 PM

My vote is for no,no doubt.Satoshi should be someone extraordinary and charismatic personality that is the reason I say with full confident that Craig Wright is not Satoshi .

keepdoing

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:04:23 PM

Let me help you out here.....

1Fii6CKVPa5Hi6rnyyXfduVxc6rfiCoywg

I will warn you that I will use them for something that you most likely won't approve of, but they will be for your benefit.  Sorry that your paranoia is getting in the way of realistic thinking.  Personally I do hope Craig = Satoshi doesn't have to be torn up too badly by the mob, but ey, shepherding on a mass level bears with it the inherent risk of having the sheep turn and butt you.  There is a reason for the use of sheep as a reference to people.  Sheep really are stupid, selfish, and not really farsighted in knowing what is best for them.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:09:37 PM

What do you know about Satoshi's profile that gives you any insight into his personality or history?

You too can get a feel for Satoshi. Read over his 575 posts. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3;sa=showPosts

Buy & Hold
knightmb

Activity: 308
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 06:44:17 PM

Satoshi did a lot of off-forum communication, some of which a lot of us still have in archive. I did contact the author of this article and gave them some clues to check for to see if it is really him. So far, no response, but no surprise after all these years, people have published many stories about finding the real Satoshi. I contact them, offer up some useful info not available on the Internet and usually the investigation falls through as the supposed Satoshi can't answer any questions from the past about interactions with other members here. The real Satoshi could contact any of us directly with a "I'm alive" message if he wanted to, that would clear up confusion quickly.

Timekoin - The World's Most Energy Efficient Encrypted Digital Currency
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:47:21 PM

Gotta have to quote you on this one. How many did you got :p

Anyway, im not sure if this is satoshi, but I like the theory of Kleiman (the guy in a wheelchair) being the real satoshi, and then this guy taking over his work to become worldwide famous. If anything it makes for a really cool hollywood movie.
BitBatFan

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:02:48 PM

I dont think he's satoshi nakamoto. Not enough proof for such claims.
johnty82

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:33:16 PM

Satoshi did a lot of off-forum communication, some of which a lot of us still have in archive. I did contact the author of this article and gave them some clues to check for to see if it is really him. So far, no response, but no surprise after all these years, people have published many stories about finding the real Satoshi. I contact them, offer up some useful info not available on the Internet and usually the investigation falls through as the supposed Satoshi can't answer any questions from the past about interactions with other members here. The real Satoshi could contact any of us directly with a "I'm alive" message if he wanted to, that would clear up confusion quickly.

I don't think Craig Wright is Satoshi Nakamoto. The evidence was badly faked, and if you communicated off forum with him he could have contacted you to prove it.

I'm intriged, did you personally communicate with him through the two email accounts he's known to have used?
keepdoing

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:23:30 PM

Time Magazine hasn't taken a stance, but they wasted no time FUDding the angle that Craig/Satoshi was going to crash Bitcoin by dumping all his coins.  This is something Craig/Satoshi is most likely aware will not go away - an elephant eternally in the room.  I think once his Bitcoin Bank is established, and those Bitcoins pegged officially as the reserve, locked in, then this issue will continue to haunt.  But once it is official this issue will go away, as the uncertainty dissolves.

http://time.com/4142523/bitcoin-inventor-satoshi-nakamoto-craig-wright/
Dotto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 981

No maps for these territories

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 01:15:00 AM

Case seems to be done

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/satoshis-pgp-keys-are-probably-backdated-and-point-to-a-hoax
keepdoing

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 01:52:50 AM

It was a very good article.  Very thorough, very detailed, well written.  It was also very clearly inconclusive.  The writer clearly has an opinion that Craig does Not = Satoshi, but also clearly left the possibility open, even if only slightly in his own mind, the acknowledgement that the evidence against is NOT conclusive.

Also - Wired provided a quite satisfactory response to the contrary.

There is ONE POSSIBILITY that I have seen no one throw out yet, and while I do not know if it is true, it is a plausible theory that fits the overall scenario.....

Wired/Gizmoto was getting close to Craig/Satoshi.  He knew it was coming and he knew if he could muddy the waters, he could have his cake and eat it too.  He planted the flawed evidence in the midst of the valid evidence discovered by Wired/Gizmoto.  He knew this would launch a firestorm of seeking/looking.  He knew this would muddy things and that it would most likely allow the storm to pass over - but in the meantime he would advantage the publicity.

Personally I don't buy this theory, but it is just as likely in my opinion as the possibility that Craig does not = Satoshi.  Lots of valid options to choose from Smiley  NOTHING settled conclusively though.  THAT is the only thing settled.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: