Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:54:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sportsmans' Act of 2012  (Read 548 times)
Bitware (OP)

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 09:06:24 AM

failed in the senate today

Would have increased citizens use of federal land use for hunting and fishing. Yes, that very land the federal government is holding in trust for us to use.

Would have opened more shooting ranges.

Would have reduced the deficit.

Would have allowed transportation of bows through national parks.

Would have prevented the EPA from regulating lead in ammunition.

This was supposed to be a bi-partisan bill with broad support that was supposed to have minor debate and discussion with a cerimonial vote, it had so much support before the election... but now it a sad day for sportsmen/women in America.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dotcom

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 06:04:07 AM

Why is lead in ammunition a bad thing? I don't know anything about guns, so I'm just curious.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 07:11:06 AM

Why is lead in ammunition a bad thing? I don't know anything about guns, so I'm just curious.
The ground around firing ranges is practically saturated with lead. This leaches into ground water. That's not a happy thing. A lot of ranges are looking to switch to alternative practice rounds. I've even heard about high-impact plastics, though I'm not sure how practical that would be.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 07:30:36 AM

Lead is poisonous, and not just to humans.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: