Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:57:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Police Raid Home of Alleged "Bitcoin Creator" Craig Wright - ALL FACTS  (Read 5642 times)
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 05:34:22 PM

The OP deserve the maximum of evaluation for its scrupulosity in finding and bringing here all the possible "news" and "facts" mixed with the endless thirst of every kind of journalist which have found another "victim" to "crucify" with all the mysterious of the creator and the itself creation of bitcoin. But this time with the desire and full desire and involvement of the personage himself. Who like and ask for all this attention give time after time "new news" about its protagonism in the first biggest invention of this century. How will be the end of this story? Who want to bet that it will be like all the other similar ones before this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 07:32:59 PM

you are welcome  Smiley

i guess the bitcoin community did a pretty good job in researching too. amazing!

LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 07:35:47 PM

Satoshi's PGP Keys Are Probably Backdated and Point to a Hoax

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/satoshis-pgp-keys-are-probably-backdated-and-point-to-a-hoax

Mr. Forum

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 07:46:41 PM

It is funny how this people are trying to frustrate the entire bitcoins as a digital currency. I just came to find out the reason why people and states are against this bitcoin thing. Like other forms of currency, bitcoin has no formal body that can exercise control over it when demand and supply keep changing. In so doing, it becomes a serious threat to the economy if at all people will depend on it as a stable currency. Raiding the home wont help now, the protocol is already in use.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:08:57 PM

<snip>

Damn just noticed that his linked in background has bitcoin tabs all over the place. Saved a screenshot in case it changes: http://imgur.com/Yf8XERJ Cmon this guy is totally playing us.

My takeaway is that your Linkedin avatar (upper right-hand corner) depicts a man's likeness, whereas I thought the general consensus was that you're a woman.
5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:32:57 PM

Could this nerd try any harder to be double-oh-se7en in his little tux photo?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:44:07 PM

Locksmiths broke open the door of the property, in a suburb on Sydney's north shore. When asked what they were doing, one officer told a Reuters reporter they were "clearing the house".

Reuters Reporter: Yeah, Honey, I should be home shortly. Doesn't seem to be nothin' happenin' here at this stakeout in front of a house that still has garbage cans at the curb several days after pickup. Oh, wait, what's this? A locksmith just showed up and is approachin' the front door with a batterin' ram. Now, a van load of computer forensic experts just pulled up, and they're enterin' the computer forensic expert's home. Do me a favor, dear, while I cover the story: Sell 15% of bitcoins if it reaches $420 before I get home. I may be late. Kitty litter. Got it. I'll pick it up on the way home.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:47:28 PM

Could this nerd try any harder to be double-oh-se7en in his little tux photo?

Bow
"Bow tie? Aren't those just for noodle-heads, Q?"
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:05:03 PM

It is funny how this people are trying to frustrate the entire bitcoins as a digital currency. I just came to find out the reason why people and states are against this bitcoin thing. Like other forms of currency, bitcoin has no formal body that can exercise control over it when demand and supply keep changing. In so doing, it becomes a serious threat to the economy if at all people will depend on it as a stable currency. Raiding the home wont help now, the protocol is already in use.

It's about making an example. Scare tactics to prevent others from doing similar things. We see similar things in other situations. Of course these raids are because they think it's the bitcoin creator, tax evaders are usually not raided.

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
emelac

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:18:35 PM

It's about making an example. Scare tactics to prevent others from doing similar things. We see similar things in other situations. Of course these raids are because they think it's the bitcoin creator, tax evaders are usually not raided.

They raid your house if they want millions of dollars back from you. I found a comment in a reddit post that claims Wright conned the Australian Tax office out of millions of dollars by claiming tax credits for spending Satoshi's Bitcoins (which he never had) on R&D.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3w027x/dr_craig_steven_wright_alleged_satoshi_by_wired/cxslii7

He conned the Australian Tax office out of millions of dollars.
Australia will give you tax credits if you spend money on R&D. He claimed to have spent Satoshi bitcoin by reassigning ownership of some of them through legal document.
The house raid is part of Australian Tax Office trying to get their money back.
edit: report on his company that went bust in 2014 has more info on how the capital he claimed to own was shuffled around his various other companies to generate tax credits/refunds : http://www.mcgrathnicol.com/app/uploads/D14-140526-Hotwire439AReport-BFK.pdf
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 01:05:36 AM

I don't expect any words from Wright for the rest of the week at least.. im sure he will remain silent, but he will eventually have to give some kind of explanation as to what is going on including the PGP mismatches.
nachoig

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 01:08:28 AM

And I said it wasn't a good idea to try to find who is Satoshi. See what's happening now.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=946796.msg10368959#msg10368959
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:29:20 AM

So, the guy who people think is Satoshi (Nick S), is speaking with the guy who is claiming to be Satoshi? Interesting!  Wink Grin
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:35:57 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2015, 11:24:36 AM by Amph

a clown searching for notoriety, i can't find another way to call him

and was already proven that he is a impostor by maxwell
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:39:50 AM

a clown searching for notoriety, i can't find another way to call him

and waas already proven that he is a impostor by maxwell
Indeed. Cue the facial expression readers, trained on Nick's face as the clown speaks!
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 09:00:49 AM

So, the guy who people think is Satoshi (Nick S), is speaking with the guy who is claiming to be Satoshi? Interesting!  Wink Grin

a normal day in the crazy bitcoin world  Grin

justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:14:06 AM

Man the Australian police are smart. Raid some random guys house that was clearly not the maker of Bitcoin. They probably just wanted a share of his Bitcoin, he doesn't deserve this. Just because he is good with technology, the police assume this, completely disgraceful.
marcelus

Activity: 297

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:48:45 AM

I think the Aussie police are behind the leak. They knew the bitcoin community would expose this fraud and that they'd then be in a much stronger position to prosecute him for defrauding the Australian state of millions of dollars. I bet you that super computer doesn't exist. He's been claiming R&D rebates off the back of secretly calling himself Satoshi Nakamoto and pretending some dead guy had his funds in trusteeship.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 02:28:14 PM

A simple fact that this guy was dodging tax paying smells really bad to me. Why would a guy that has left this technology to us, to the world not pay his taxes. A guy that has millions and millions of dollars worth of Bitcoin?!

I mean this is a person that really tried to change the world for the better with this technology.

All this story is a complete BS if you are asking me.
marcelus

Activity: 297

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 04:41:09 PM

A simple fact that this guy was dodging tax paying smells really bad to me. Why would a guy that has left this technology to us, to the world not pay his taxes. A guy that has millions and millions of dollars worth of Bitcoin?!

I mean this is a person that really tried to change the world for the better with this technology.

All this story is a complete BS if you are asking me.

It's not that he didn't pay tax, it's that he defrauded the government out of $54m through bogus R&D he claimed he spent non-existent Bitcoin on (backed up by his secret claims to have been Satoshi). Now it's all come out in the wash that he's a fraud and the Aussie police are out for him. Hence why I think they may have been behind the leak. Why spend a lot of time and money investigating something you know very little about when the Bitcoin community can out the guy in a couple of hours?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: