Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:32:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FOUND!!! Hunt the Genesis Rock to earn a free Bitcoin. FOUND!!!  (Read 1932 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 05:45:11 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2012, 04:47:59 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

The rock is located in this image which is zoomable: http://www.gigapixelperu.com/Machu_Picchu_16_Gigapixels/Welcome.html

The following is an example of how advertisers can take advantage of this.

Today's free Bitcoin is sponsored by BitPay.

BitPay will reward BTC1 plus a mBTC for each page view of this thread to the first person who finds the BitPay Rock in this image: http://www.gigapixelperu.com/Machu_Picchu_16_Gigapixels/Welcome.html

If after 30 days the BitPay Rock has not been found, then possibly a more easier rock will be displayed.

Thank you for viewing this thread and happy hunting from the team at BitPay.

(sig goes here)

The above scenario is just an example, but I am rewarding BTC1 to the first person who finds the rock depicted in the first image of this post within the next 30 days. The rock truly is located in this image: http://www.gigapixelperu.com/Machu_Picchu_16_Gigapixels/Welcome.html

~Bruno K~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 05:47:54 PM

The example rock above I labeled BitPay Rock. Any other Bitcoin entity can get in on the act by starting their own thread in Newbie or Off-topic and possibly titling their thread (example) Hunt the Coinabul Rock (x BTC reward) or Hunt the Mt Gox Rock or Hunt the Butterfly Labs Rock. (you get the gist)

You can the make the hunting as easy or as hard as you wish and add your rules to the hunt. The bottom line, if done properly, this should increase  your bottom line by bringing further awareness to your brand. Think about it!

~Bruno K~
bitcoinvideos

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 06:47:51 PM

How are we supposed to prove we found it?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 07:34:52 PM

How are we supposed to prove we found it?
I'd think you could just take a screenshot and crop it slightly larger than the posted photo.  The person running the contest (who knows exactly where the rock is located) can then compare the surroundings of your image with the surroundings of the actual rock and confirm that you captured the correct one.
QuantumKiwi

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 08:54:40 PM

Question; Why hasn't bitpay posted this themselves??

Starting your own website?
CLOUD Hosting from $4.95/0.05BTC!
bitcoinvideos

Activity: 251

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 09:04:21 PM

The above scenario is just an example, but I am rewarding

Just an example.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 11:23:46 PM

Question; Why hasn't bitpay posted this themselves??

As already mention, the BitPay Rock was only an example. I like BitPay, therefore plugged them to show others how they can gain some mileage from this. Please forgive me if I have confused you. I did my best in the OP, stipulating twice that the BitPay Rock was only an example.

As far as for verification goes, simply take a screenshot and crop it large enough, thus proving your claim, as somebody else has already mentioned. I don't think you're going to find two rocks that are identical, especially if the game rock is of odd shape oppose to being squarish.

Wouldn't it be something if somebody took it upon themselves to number all the rock in this image? And don't number them in order. For instance rock #1 could have #904 to its right, #3807 to its left, etc.

Now get back to huntin' the Genesis Rock.

~Bruno K~
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 11:30:54 PM

I don't think you should be using another company name, logo, and likeness without their permission.  Especially not in a manner which seems to be confusing people.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2012, 11:36:15 PM

I don't think you should be using another company name, logo, and likeness without their permission.  Especially not in a manner which seems to be confusing people.

I assure you that I mean no malice is using BitPay's name, let alone using said entity to perpetuate this contest. The contest is genuine. The offer for other Bitcoin entities to get involve on their own is also genuine. I could have easily use a fictitious name like AcmeCoinMe to play it safe, but opted to plug BitPay.

I do respect your concern, D&T.

~Bruno K~
Sparxy

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 12:34:51 AM

Well I can't find it Tongue have fun searching, if any others are willing to try XD
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 02:01:33 AM

Well I can't find it Tongue have fun searching, if any others are willing to try XD

Actually, it's pretty easy if you do process of elimination.
katana

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 06:15:10 AM

My eyes hurt Sad

Katana
Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 07:52:33 AM

I tried my best, but after 30 minutes I'm going to have to give up.  Undecided
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 05:32:23 AM

During your hunt, did you happen to count the stones? I'm thinking about numbering them.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 05:36:49 AM

How the hell do I get to Macchu Picchu to find the bloody thing? This is geocaching at it's craziest.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 05:58:38 AM

How the hell do I get to Macchu Picchu to find the bloody thing? This is geocaching at it's craziest.

It sure the hell is! And you can do it sans underwear at your desk. Anybody who owns a business can take advantage of this idea I presented in the OP.

I'll make it a little easier with the following I'll dub Easy Rock (no reward when if found):

Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 07:44:04 AM

During your hunt, did you happen to count the stones? I'm thinking about numbering them.

No, but after awhile they were all starting to look the same to me  Cheesy I did find 3 or 4 that were extremely close to being matches, but they weren't.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 04:06:42 PM

I just spend 10 or 15 minutes a day looking.  I've been able to eliminate some large areas because of certain attributes, but what's left is still a LOT of rocks.  Can I assume that you haven't manipulated the image at all (flipped it upside down, mirror image, resized it larger than you can zoom in the website, etc)?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 01:21:17 AM

I just spend 10 or 15 minutes a day looking.  I've been able to eliminate some large areas because of certain attributes, but what's left is still a LOT of rocks.  Can I assume that you haven't manipulated the image at all (flipped it upside down, mirror image, resized it larger than you can zoom in the website, etc)?

Not only did I flipped it 180o, I added the small case letter b (or is it one of those sheet music symbols?) and graffiti it with XOX to the left of the b. Prior to penning this humorous post, that was the first time I noticed the letter b on the rock. If I flip the image, it would then be a 9. Maybe I should re-dub this rock the B9 Rock and when it's found, the finder must yell Bingo, otherwise his submission doesn't count.

You're the at least second person who has stated their spent time a huntin' this rock. Have you notice that even if you zoom in the farthest person, their image is rather clear? Amazing photo!

~Bruno K~
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 01:31:19 AM

PMing you my entry.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: