Bitcoin Forum
June 02, 2024, 03:37:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as your only payment option  (Read 1137 times)
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:26:30 AM

Other than dark net markets?
bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:53:19 AM

These  situations seem to be really rare. It hasn't happened to me just yet.
I don't think it will happen any time soon either. Everywhere I went so far, most people don't even know what bitcoin is. Let alone accept it.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:12:32 AM

if the merchant accepts bitcoin as a payment option, of course I will always use bitcoin to pay, even though there are other payment options?
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:50:44 AM

Has anyone been in a position where bitcoin was the only possible way for you to pay for something (or would have been if it was a payment option)?

For instance, trying to shop online outside of your country, or buy airline tickets, your card is rejected or doesn't work, and bitcoin would be the only feasible alternative...

I had this recently while traveling in South Africa, ran out of data on a Sunday, phone shop was closed but managed to use a local wallet to top up my data plan in about 5 seconds...

In the real world never. First of all at my country bitcoin is know very few and to many of those who think to know it have heard only its name and are such that even don't know well what it is or for what serve. So here it is impossible to be verified such option. As for the traveling I travel very few (to not tell that don't travel at all). So have not real possibilities to have such kind of experiences. But even online (where bitcoin can be king) I have had only one time, verified about three years ago, in which I was obligated to pay only with bitcoin because the website which offered an earning opportunity and I wanted to be part, accepted only bitcoin as a way of payment. And, imagine a little, this was even the first contact of me with bitcoin. My presentation with it. Followed then with my passion for this big invention.
ultimatesky

Activity: 714

SkyFall

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:02:06 AM

No I haven't been in this situation yet. It's probably because paying with bitcoins is not available everywhere yet.
Hopefully the world will adapt more into bitcoin with the years to come, so that we can all pay with bitcoin without having any problems to exchange.
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:05:17 AM

These  situations seem to be really rare. It hasn't happened to me just yet.
I don't think it will happen any time soon either. Everywhere I went so far, most people don't even know what bitcoin is. Let alone accept it.
Fact is that. So people Don't know what is bitcoin and how to use that. I think Upcoming generation from all the countries. They will to know As soon as possible.I am using Bitcoin, Paypal, Redeem, Payumoney for paying the bills and other transactions.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:23:27 AM

All my online payments are done solely with Bitcoin. It have been like this for more than a year now. Unfortunately, this is not the case when it comes to spending Bitcoins in physical stores. There I only use my fiat currency since the stores that I use every day don't accept Bitcoin.
faridkifly

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:44:39 AM

I have not been make online payments using bitcoin.
because in my country that do not exist as i know, or maybe me who outdated?  Tongue
nichu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 12:21:36 PM

ya sure,there are coin only gambling and freelance sites ,which is useful for me  Wink
TibanneCat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BTC > etc

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 12:36:02 PM

The company I work for hires a few contractors from different countries and they all ask to be paid in BTC
no messing around with western union, paypal, bank wires
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 12:50:11 PM

I have not been make online payments using bitcoin.
because in my country that do not exist as i know, or maybe me who outdated?  Tongue
I use to do Online purchase and payment through bitcoin But In general and small groceries I used to go with fiat currency only Because they don't know about it.
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 12:56:15 PM

Hacker controlled my computer and asked for Bitcoin ransom! It is the only parent option!

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 02:39:10 PM

The company I work for hires a few contractors from different countries and they all ask to be paid in BTC
no messing around with western union, paypal, bank wires

Yes for those who were in need of Paypal or Western Union or wire transfer, bitcoin would help them in better ways. For many online earning people and online employers, bitcoin would be their Savior for saving in transaction fees. So, bitcoin would be the better payment option by replacing Paypal kind of high transaction fee required methods.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 02:58:28 PM

I've been freelancing (I'm a designer) for more than 10 years and I've never encountered this. I would gladly accept depending on the amount but even I know the limitations of Bitcoin at the present moment so I would proceed with caution. For example, exchanging it (I'm not in the US) is still a complete hassle.
BTCBinary

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 03:31:45 PM

In a few years, or probably sooner we will see a lot of online sites and other web based services to start only accepting BTC. Why? Because it is much safer to deal with than credit cards.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: