Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:54:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [closed]Bad Idea  (Read 964 times)
Lurk (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 09:36:06 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2012, 07:49:00 PM by Lurk

https://btcjam.com/listings/738

I know what my signature says and I know what mistakes ive made in the past.

This loan will afford me the extra funds each month to make a significant repayment on my current loans.

I will not be gambling or using this loan in any other fashion than what is stated.

If the loan gets funded I will instantly send to mt.gox  and then transfer funds into my bank account to pay off my current car loan.

Paying this off will reduce my current monthly payment. It will also allow me to reduce my car insurance to liabilty.

I will save somewhere between $100 and $150 a month.

The savings will allow me to make a significant payback each month on my current loans.

I understand with my problem if I am not trusted or taken seriously but this loan will help so much in my ability to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Getting these loans paid off is my #1 objective.

Thanks to anyone in advance.      I will not be responding to negative posts or trolling.   Please be kind and understand I am being sincere.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Projects

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 10:22:20 PM

Please do not take this the wrong way - I am not even going to comment on your previous mistakes as we all make them.
However have you considered this thoroughly? With the way BTC has been going up in value I am almost certain you will end up paying much more than your current loan - I am almost certain over a year the BTC -> USD rate will have gone up more than 24% - what happens if BTC is $25 or $30? How can you afford to repay - didn't you mention you were made redundant a few months ago?

Buying Bitcoins for cash or gold/silver bullion many methods to pay you - pm me for more information
Bank transfer, Cash, Postal Order, Western Union, MoneyGram, SEPA, Amazon & More  - Worldwide Transfers Available
*NEW* BTC for Citibank P2P transfers - USD/EUR please pm me for more information
Lurk (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 10:35:19 PM

Thats a valid question.  I guess I do not believe its going to go up in value that much.  You never know whats going to happen in the bitcoin world  either one of us could be wrong.

It could drop in price allowing me to purchase more and get further ahead.

It could raise by a significant amount and cause me to get behind in payments.

Lending has its risks. I can tell you with all honesty that I will use every extra dollar purchasing bitcoins and making my payments to the best of my ability.

With my savings of $100 to $150 a month it would take a significant jump to exhaust the savings.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 10:37:22 PM

At least get the loan denominated in USD.

Maybe you could ask someone to manage the money for you just in case you don't do anything stupid again?

Signature space available for rent.
ffcitatos

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 10:42:25 PM

At least get the loan denominated in USD.

Maybe you could ask someone to manage the money for you just in case you don't do anything stupid again?

I think this might be a piece of advice worth considering. I am sure somebody would come forth and do it for free. In case nobody does, I can try to help: I am good with numbers, not so much with law.
Lurk (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 10:44:35 PM

I have no plan on gambling ever again.
I've thought about this loan for awhile before I decided to post it.
I know with my mistake it will be very hard to get this loan funded but I feel that it is my best chance to fix the mistakes I've made.
I never thought about asking for a loan in U.S.D.  but there will be no need for someone to manage the funds as I would pay off my car note immediatly and start purchasing bitcoin with the money I would ussually send to the bank and the extra I would be saving.
ffcitatos

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 10:46:43 PM

That is your decision, of course, and I hope you will succeed. Once again, I can only applaud your determination.
Lurk (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 10:47:39 PM

I would be more than willing to work with somebody. I guess im just confused as to what that means?  Like using ffict  address for my bitinstant purchase? or how does that work?
Lurk (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 11:09:17 PM

If someone was able to Lend $1600 I would be more than willing to sign a legal document stating our agreed upon terms.
For legal reasons this would make recovering your U.S.D. a lot easier and in turn would save me from worrying about fluctuations in the price of bitcoin.
I make my payment every month anyway but with a reduced monthly payment and insurance savings would give me a lot more leeway in making things right.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 05:14:14 AM

If someone was able to Lend $1600 I would be more than willing to sign a legal document stating our agreed upon terms.
For legal reasons this would make recovering your U.S.D. a lot easier and in turn would save me from worrying about fluctuations in the price of bitcoin.
I make my payment every month anyway but with a reduced monthly payment and insurance savings would give me a lot more leeway in making things right.

How much do you owe already?

I think you're trying to get as much sympathy cash as you can and disappear.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Lurk (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 05:27:47 AM

that is not my intention at all but i understand your concern.

and i offered to enter into a legally binding contract using u.s.d. to protect the lendor.

If my goal was to scam i would have been gone long ago.
ffcitatos

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 09:53:15 AM

I would be more than willing to work with somebody. I guess im just confused as to what that means?  Like using ffict  address for my bitinstant purchase? or how does that work?

The way I understood malevolent's proposal, there would be a person B who would get complete control of Lurk's money (bitcoin private keys, banks accounts - everything). B would act as a money manager, i.e. all Lurk's expenses would have to be approved by B.

In the most harshly regulated case, this would mean that Lurk would have to submit receipts to B for daily expenses and B would use the rest of Lurk's income to pay back the debt.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 10:04:39 AM

I have no plan on gambling ever again.

You're raffling away bitcoins in the Newbie section right fucking now.

Lurk, I'm dropping my usual evil sarcastic persona here to tell you you NEED professional help. I don't say this to be mean. I say this as a "former" addict myself, because I don't want you to slide further down that slope. It is hard, very hard to break an addiction and even tough we might think we might have the strength to overcome that addiction on our own, the truth is, only a very select few actually do. There are people out there who know how to help, who have helped others and who will help you, if you only let them. Please, please at least talk to one of them.

I know you totally didn't want to hear that right now.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 10:14:25 AM

Tangible Cryptography has helped people with the logistics of paying back BTC that are in default before.  It's going to be hard to get anyone to help you while you're still trying to borrow money because those of us who've had our own demons know damned well that if you're still trying to borrow money you're almost certainly kidding yourself by thinking you won't gamble any more.  Chances are that you'll gamble the $150 you save and the repayments due to lenders unless you get help and completely stop borrowing money.

People initially rejected the notion of a scammer tag out of compassion for you.  But you've continued to borrow money and you're actively involved in gambling on this board (and who knows where else).  The people to whom you owe money have a right to feel that you've continued to deceive them after purportedly coming clean.

Again, not what you wanted to hear but those to whom you already owe money have every right to be be intolerant of your attempts to borrow more given your track record.  You're coming across as trying to manipulate people into giving you funds to help out your lenders.  Legal documents mean little with compulsive gamblers because you can't get blood from a stone.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 07:47:47 PM

They should do a story about you on Intervention.
Lurk (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 07:48:13 PM

I apologize and I understand where everyone is coming from.

It was the only idea I came up with that would afford me extra funds right now.

I will come up with a more realistic solution.

Believe me if I was looking for sympathy the last place I would post is bitcointalk although to my surprise People have been more than helpful and understanding.

I will erase my loan request and find a different route.

I really didnt think giving a few bit cents in the newbie section was going to be a big deal.

I didnt associate it with gambling I guess because It was not a gamble on my end.

I only have .1 btc right now and I thought maybe giving away a little bit to new members would be fun.

I remember being new and how I would use bitvisitor and cointube for hours everyday just to recieve a small fraction.

It made me feel good to do something nice for someone else, even though it was a small amount.

The holidays are coming up and I do not have much I can give to people in my life.  If I gave them 10 cents I doubt they would be very grateful but to some new members .01btc is a lot.

Giving away was more of a selfish act on my part...I wanted something to feel good about. Im sorry and didnt realize it would be such an issue.
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 08:12:47 PM

Hey lurk,

as it really seems as that you should get help, why don't you sign up with a forum about this problem?

Or you just lurk (hehe) these and read the threads of people having the same problem and how they dealt with it? - This helped me a lot when I stopped smoking (after 13 years).

Here are two to get you started:

http://www.psychforums.com/gambling-addiction/
http://www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk/

Have much success in your recovery.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
underminer

Merit: 100

Not for hire.

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 12:47:59 AM

What a trainwreck lurk, really.