Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:40:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So is value going up or down??  (Read 1154 times)
TheDarKnight (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 10:24:19 PM

http://codinginmysleep.com/block-reward-halving/

The Bitcoin community seems to have divided opinions about what we’re likely to see in a few days, and while there are many theories most fall into one of two camps:

The majority of the community is ignorant of the inner workings of Bitcoin, especially the inner workings of Bitcoin mining. Most of them won’t see the scarcity coming so we can expect a large increase in BTC value following the block reward halving – it’s simple supply and demand.
    Bitcoin is not only transparent about these things but has a community that knows and cares about them, too. Most Bitcoin users have seen this coming for a long time and the block reward halving is responsible for the price rise from $5 to $12 we’ve seen in recent days – it’s still simple supply and demand but the timeline is different.

It’s hard to know which opinion is right. Bitcoin is extremely transparent and it’s easy to see most of the market forces at play, but this specific issue comes down to one difficult-to-answer question: what percent of the community is aware of the impending change? It’s a hard statistic to find with any accuracy, but just for the hell of it I’m going to ask my audience anyway:

I just assume it is meant to go up now,however as mentioned on this site the market has seen it in advance??  Huh and adjusted the price accordingly??? You tell me  Roll Eyes

Please consider trading on bter.com via my referral link shown here, it's a great site for profit with a wide selection of currencies and low fees. https://bter.com/signup/1566

Ziftrcoin tips please!
ZZK4rj1yPRKjmZ26y9tvWq8oeEDUwiV31R
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 12:15:22 AM

When information about a market even is generally known, it often is 'priced in'.  Almost everyone knew about the halving and some bought more coins in advance of the change.  This increased the price before the change, and those looking to profit off of the increase are now selling making up for the lower amount of new coins generated. 

I expect the price to (very) slowly rise barring no large news event.  I do have to say, the bitcoin market is more efficient then I thought it was.  I expected a little change, like about 10% either way. 

Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 12:26:32 AM

It might not happen now, but tomorrow, or in a week, it should start rising as manipulators try and control it yet again.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 12:57:10 AM

The market is in a vice right now. The big boys are keeping volatility down to lure in fresh meat after the halving hype. Sit tight it's full of stars.

If you are crawling around in darkness, hedge your ass and make a buck either way.
TheDarKnight (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 05:27:00 PM

Even better question, what will it get to this xmas??  Huh Cool

Please consider trading on bter.com via my referral link shown here, it's a great site for profit with a wide selection of currencies and low fees. https://bter.com/signup/1566

Ziftrcoin tips please!
ZZK4rj1yPRKjmZ26y9tvWq8oeEDUwiV31R
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: