Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:37:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Welcome Wagon  (Read 399 times)
mercistheman (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 12:56:26 AM

This thread is a simple one. The bitcoin community welcomes all newcomers (minus paid fud trolls).
When you first step into the bitcoin realm it can be intimidating... please consider that this is a family of geeks and investors... not always of mindset of keeping it simple... yet the bitcoin train is one crazy and exciting ride... don't give up.
One thing you will learn is that there are always folks willing to help you understand and you should not be embarrassed to ELI5 (explain like I'm 5).
Seriously, this is a completely addictive hobby that has far reaching financial impact personally & globally... the more you learn the more you want to be involved in this disruptive revolution... we were all nubes at one time. Hopefully our long term brainiacs can realize the importance of adoption and tone down the elitist attitude.

Sooooo... welcome aboard... jump in... the water is warm... the tide is rising and the surf is incredible!  Cheesy

What got you interested... and how can we help you better understand the real Satoshi's dream... Questions or comments?
mercistheman (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 01:25:39 AM

Cool thread bro.. way to support the community  Tongue
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 05:42:49 AM

We need more of this attitude around here. Less hassling new guys. Less elitism. Less sniping out people for their opinions.

I agree with the OP...this can be a friendly place, welcome!
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 09:30:18 AM

It's good to see people offering help, I like seeing more beginners sites (just saw one the other day on here), some people I know like the idea of Bitcoin but don't want to deleve into its world as they think it will be too much for them.

We need to simplify, OK the whole process isn't 'simple' but I guess Satoshis idea could be explained simply with the right words

I like the ELI5 saying!

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:32:08 AM

great thread and love what your doing.  I know when I first
started with bitcoin it was intimidating to say the least. Just
understanding how it all worked and why it was important was
a feat in itself. I always try and answer all the questions of friends
and family I got into bitcoin and try and be as positive as possible.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: