Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:59:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting Facts About David Kleiman's Life  (Read 1650 times)
Sturgeon (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

ドラゴンスピ

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:36:11 AM

Interesting Facts About David Kleiman's Life

• Born in 1965 and adopted by Jewish parents: Louis and Regina Kleiman
  • Grew up in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
  • Served as an Army helicopter technician from 1986 to 1989 (age 21-24)
  • Named soldier of the year in 1987 by the secretary of the Army (age 22)
  • Served as a Palm Beach County Sheriff’s deputy and detective until rendered paraplegic by a 1995 off-duty motorcycle crash (age 30)
  • After rehab from the crash, using a wheelchair, worked in computer forensics.
  • Married and divorced twice but had no children
  • In his final years, complications from his injuries required that he have five or six additional surgeries and spend nearly three years in the hospital battling an MRSA bacterial infection
  • Came home physically weak, but refused living assistance
  • Died weeks later on April 26, 2013 (age 46) of a heart attack caused by the MRSA infection

Thoughts:

Based on the times given, he must have entered the hospital for his final stay around April, 2010. This would have been several months before the opening of the (Pre-Karpeles) Mt. Gox and any free-floating exchange-based price. Satoshi's last correspondence occured April 23, 2011, so if any of Satoshi's last year of correspondence came from Kleiman, it came from Kleiman posting from the hospital. He died two weeks after the peak of the first 2013 price bubble ($266/BTC).

References:

http://mpb.floridaweekly.com/news/2013-05-16/Community/Father_friends_mourn_a_sons_life_cut_short.html

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/news/local/obituary-former-pbso-deputy-dies-in-his-home/nXcqR

http://gizmodo.com/this-australian-says-he-and-his-dead-friend-invented-bi-1746958692

http://www.wired.com/2015/12/bitcoins-creator-satoshi-nakamoto-is-probably-this-unknown-australian-genius

source : https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3w3ije/interesting_facts_about_david_kleimans_life/

"The economy depends about as much on economists as the weather does on weather forecasters"  Jean-Paul Kauffmann
"The risk / reward ratio is nuts. Playing with altcoins is like picking up pennies on the highway"  BlindMayorBitcorn

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hunnaryb

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:55:05 AM

Doesn't really say much about his ability to create something like Bitcoin. You don't just decide that you're gonna become a computer programmer coming out the army and suddenly do something revolutionary.

That's like saying Einstein decided in his 30's to become a physicist.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

1anonymous

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 11:58:24 AM

You forgot the bit about how he clutched his silver metal encased USB the last few years of his life and now his brother has the key to 400M if he was one of the co-authors of the paper.

haha

It appears DK's talent in computers was mostly in the area of HDD fragmentation analysis and how hard it really is to 'erase' anything digitally.

What did Norton Erase used to do, like write 00000 over and over on a file thousands of times to make sure it couldn't be read again.

Nothing in DK's career or limited academic 'career' if his academics can even be called a 'career' show any connection to encryption and other ideas expressed in the original white paper.

DK didn't write it, the fake Satoshi aka Craig Wright didn't write it, neither had even one paper out on encryption and high level math theory.

DK analyzed HDD to try to put back together smashed drives and Wright was nothing but a guy installing canned network software that was good at updating patches.

There's nothing 'interesting' about either DK or CW as to their life.

Neither came up with anything original in their life.

Neither started a major company.

Neither authored a paper or a book worth reading.

The only interesting thing is how gullible the media is to believe Wright could have been Satoshi.

HAHA
Sergio_Demian_Lerner

Activity: 552
Merit: 629

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 10:29:02 PM

Where did you get that "he must have entered the hospital for his final stay around April, 2010" ?

Isn't that private information?

sashacoin

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:31:17 PM

Can't really say that those facts are that interesting..
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:17:40 PM

Can't really say that those facts are that interesting..

Most of it is indeed a bit too private and personal, but some of it must be known in order to try to trace a line with Satoshi, the fact that he entered the hospital around that time I think it's somewhat interesting because that's when Satoshi started to become less and less active. I think it's too farfetched to say this guy is Satoshi, let alone the other Craig guy.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:56:25 PM

Fiat fun facts  Cheesy

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:05:47 AM

Doesn't really say much about his ability to create something like Bitcoin. You don't just decide that you're gonna become a computer programmer coming out the army and suddenly do something revolutionary.

That's like saying Einstein decided in his 30's to become a physicist.

Or Steven Hawking deciding today to take up bowling.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:21:17 AM

Where did you get that "he must have entered the hospital for his final stay around April, 2010" ?

Isn't that private information?

Circa 2012: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn6q0dGrHRY

Was the above interview taken at Dave Kleiman's office or in his hospital room complete with secure wi-fi?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:50:11 AM

From 2011, Dave Kleiman definitely not in a hospital room during this interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ForkipJu05c

glon

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:00:19 AM

You forgot the bit about how he clutched his silver metal encased USB the last few years of his life and now his brother has the key to 400M if he was one of the co-authors of the paper.

haha

It appears DK's talent in computers was mostly in the area of HDD fragmentation analysis and how hard it really is to 'erase' anything digitally.

What did Norton Erase used to do, like write 00000 over and over on a file thousands of times to make sure it couldn't be read again.

Nothing in DK's career or limited academic 'career' if his academics can even be called a 'career' show any connection to encryption and other ideas expressed in the original white paper.

DK didn't write it, the fake Satoshi aka Craig Wright didn't write it, neither had even one paper out on encryption and high level math theory.

DK analyzed HDD to try to put back together smashed drives and Wright was nothing but a guy installing canned network software that was good at updating patches.

There's nothing 'interesting' about either DK or CW as to their life.

Neither came up with anything original in their life.

Neither started a major company.

Neither authored a paper or a book worth reading.

The only interesting thing is how gullible the media is to believe Wright could have been Satoshi.

HAHA

And yet, in 2014, Kleiman's father makes this comment under a Techcrunch bitcoin article:

Please send information pertaining to David Kleiman's participation in the development of Bitcoin

http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/10/bitcoin-wins-best-technology-achievement-but-satoshi-doesnt-show/

Nothing interesting you say?
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:12:15 AM

And yet, in 2014, Kleiman's father makes this comment under a Techcrunch bitcoin article:

Please send information pertaining to David Kleiman's participation in the development of Bitcoin

http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/10/bitcoin-wins-best-technology-achievement-but-satoshi-doesnt-show/

Nothing interesting you say?

He's asking for information from the article's author.  As a relative might do if they thought that evidence of their son having been involved in the development Bitcoin might give them access to large amounts of money. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:15:15 AM

I dont think this guy is satoshi. As i say before there is evidence that the time this guy was in hospital Satoshi post comments here in this forum. Satoshi is very alive and still active in my opinion maybe is among us with other nickname.

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:28:10 AM

Who says Kleiman is Satoshi?

From 2011, Dave Kleiman definitely not in a hospital room during this interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ForkipJu05c

The guy seem to look older than 46. is that really him? And he doesn't look like the geek I imagined lol

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:29:45 AM

He looks exactly like a police detective.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:30:48 AM

his father?

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:03:25 AM

his father?

And brother Ira Kleiman now holds the keys to the first million-plus bitcoins mined.
Sturgeon (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

ドラゴンスピ

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:53:27 AM

his father?
not sure but i found this  Undecided

And brother Ira Kleiman now holds the keys to the first million-plus bitcoins mined.
really any source of ira kleiman hold the keys ?

"The economy depends about as much on economists as the weather does on weather forecasters"  Jean-Paul Kauffmann
"The risk / reward ratio is nuts. Playing with altcoins is like picking up pennies on the highway"  BlindMayorBitcorn

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 02:58:55 AM

his father?

Source: some extortionist; via Gizmodo.   Roll Eyes

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 03:11:10 AM

his father?

http://gizmodo.com/this-australian-says-he-and-his-dead-friend-invented-bi-1746958692

While he was alive, Kleiman kept an aluminum-encased USB drive on his person at nearly all times. If there really is a cache of Kleiman’s bitcoins or anything else linking him to Satoshi, Paige said, “I guarantee that drive has some shit in it.” According to Paige, when Kleiman died, his brother, Ira Kleiman, took possession of it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: