Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:55:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] private Socks4 or Socks5 proxy  (Read 23839 times)
HendrikJan (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 06:52:13 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2012, 04:14:11 PM by HendrikJan

Hello people,

I am looking for private socks4 or socks5 proxys.
They will be used for online gaming so the "free" ones i can`t use because they are unstable or blocked by the game server.
I could use at least 10 proxys.
Payments can be in Bitcoin or paypal/bank/Ideal/....
Let me know if you sell them or now a good website.

Thanks

Referral link to a trading bot: https://www.cryptohopper.com/?atid=224

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
loadrs2009

Activity: 75

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 03:52:30 PM

i can provide you 30 for .5 btc  pm me if you agree  Smiley
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 04:13:55 AM

It's very easy to just run your own using Amazon EC2 or some other VPS host. The cost on EC2 is free for one year anyway.

To use EC2 free go there and sign up for a new account (aws.amazon.com) and then go to the Mgmt Console. You need to create an access key and then start a suitable instance. Once the instance is running you can either install socks software or just configure openssh to provide socks (it's already installed). There's a fair bit of help around for this. If you want to go this route and need help then I can post more step by step details. But if you want something that is more "anonymous" (ie. not using a credit card) then you may be better with a Bitcoin accepting VPS provider. There are several on these forums. Any VPS will provide a shell account and that's all you need for a SOCKS proxy.

HendrikJan (OP)

Activity: 64

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 05:03:09 AM

It's very easy to just run your own using Amazon EC2 or some other VPS host. The cost on EC2 is free for one year anyway.

To use EC2 free go there and sign up for a new account (aws.amazon.com) and then go to the Mgmt Console. You need to create an access key and then start a suitable instance. Once the instance is running you can either install socks software or just configure openssh to provide socks (it's already installed). There's a fair bit of help around for this. If you want to go this route and need help then I can post more step by step details. But if you want something that is more "anonymous" (ie. not using a credit card) then you may be better with a Bitcoin accepting VPS provider. There are several on these forums. Any VPS will provide a shell account and that's all you need for a SOCKS proxy.

Thank you.
This i would have never thought of.
I will try and see if it can be done for like 10 proxys.

Referral link to a trading bot: https://www.cryptohopper.com/?atid=224
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 06:05:14 AM

Thank you.
This i would have never thought of.
I will try and see if it can be done for like 10 proxys.
I'm not familiar with using proxies for gaming purposes. I suppose by 10 proxies you mean 10 separate ports listening and proxying such that each one only handles one users requests? I'm just not sure about the intent of that - not being a gamer.

I do know that with openssh you can add port lines in it's config that will tell it to listen on multiple ports easily enough. But any SOCKS proxy by it's very nature can handle any number of separate users requests even on one port. eg. I use a SOCKS proxy via openssh for torrents, email and web browsing all at the same time.

Anyway, those are likely just configuration details once you know what software you would run. I'm just making a generic comment. Perhaps the intention is that each proxy has different authentication credentials such that it is only usable by one user. I guess there is info out there on configuring proxies for gaming purposes.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: