Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:23:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multi-Sig for LTC  (Read 693 times)
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 09:58:42 AM

Is Multi-Sig in LTC yet? Seems like that would be really important so that we don't have to repeat the mistakes and tragedies of all the BTC hacks of the past. Multi-sig will be really helpful as we grow the LTC economy.

more or less retired.
killerstorm
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1033

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 03:41:23 PM

Multi-signature is supported on protocol level for quite a while (from start?).

However, it is unusable without proper user interface and features supporting it.

I guess the main problem now is lack of transport: without signature transport we cannot make it work "automagically", and if it doesn't work automagically then neither merchants nor users want to use it.

I currently work on p2p exchange, and it requires pretty much same transport as needed for convenient mutlisig, so I'm going to implement it. Then it can be reused to make automagic, convenient multisig.

But first and foremost interest should come from merchant, service providers etc. If they want it to work then developers will add this feature to clients.

Otherwise we'll have this half-assed development where seemingly trivial feature is being developed for 1.5 years and is still not quite here.

Chromia: a better dapp platform
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: