Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:35:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $1000 by 1q 2016?  (Read 8332 times)
mandica

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:07:25 PM

If the bitcoin block size is increased to 2 or 4 MB, it is possible for the price to reach $1000. Otherwise, it will stay around $700.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6162

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:12:13 PM

$1000 by the first quarter of 2016?

your thoughts?

It's possible but not very likely to happen , also we don't want a shitty pumping and then total crash , we want something stable. I won't really mind seeing the price like 600$ on the first Quarter honestly , 1000$ will definitely come but probably after the halving or before it by few weeks.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:20:44 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2015, 06:10:32 PM by Amph

If the bitcoin block size is increased to 2 or 4 MB, it is possible for the price to reach $1000. Otherwise, it will stay around $700.

there is no real correlation between this two things, because at this stage the price is not massively driven up by the adoption, but more from manipulators

maybe your logic can be more true if you add a couple of zeroes, or at least one
Loimu

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:24:41 PM

I definitely could see this happening and yes, probably already in Q1. Very latest in Q2 before the halving. I want to believe so at least!

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:59:32 PM

the is no real correlation between this two things, because at this stage the price is not massively driven up by the adoption, but more from manipulators

maybe your logic can be more true if you add a couple of zeroes, or at least one

You don't know that. It might be that large companies as Amazon are indeed waiting for the block size to be much higher than the current 1MB. If the Core devs come up with a higher block size, then I am quite sure that the price will go up significantly.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 06:11:15 PM

the is no real correlation between this two things, because at this stage the price is not massively driven up by the adoption, but more from manipulators

You don't know that. It might be that large companies as Amazon are indeed waiting for the block size to be much higher than the current 1MB. If the Core devs come up with a higher block size, then I am quite sure that the price will go up significantly.

i did not say that this may not be true, just that it would require a much higher price, 1k was already achieved without the need to increase the blocksize, so this point is moot
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 07:33:02 PM

Nah not going to happen. We are not even halfway there. A 500 usd rate would be perfect to close the year. Then maybe have a new low at 600/700 before the halving.
If the price goes up steadily there is a bigger possibility we stay there, instead of going back again...

We're almost half way there, we're not that far away. I think it's possible if bitcoin keeps growing like it has been the last 2 months, I can see the posibility for this to happen maybe in March or April.

CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 07:54:57 PM

What we can do is just wait if that happens or not. I am just happy if the price of bitcoin will be around 500 dollars before halving.
But a 1000 dollars is also nice to see so lets just stay in the train and watch what will happen.
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:05:13 PM

What we can do is just wait if that happens or not. I am just happy if the price of bitcoin will be around 500 dollars before halving.
But a 1000 dollars is also nice to see so lets just stay in the train and watch what will happen.
I have a feeling that it will reach $500 of course before halving but we wonder if it can reach $1,000 which i doubt a bit.
Xexen4

Activity: 756
Merit: 290

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:46:43 PM

im thinking dump time close. it can be forced 500$ but after it goes down to $300-350 again in 2month
Nimbulan

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 09:07:24 PM

thats most definitely impossible in my opinion we can reach something like 500 dollars per bitcoin though 1000 is an unreachable achievement for now i think it might happen only before the halving event when people will start buying a lot of bitcoins

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 10:26:16 PM

im thinking dump time close. it can be forced 500$ but after it goes down to $300-350 again in 2month

No way mate! This time is different! This can be felt in the air!
mandica

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 01:33:17 PM

The price is $450 at the moment. Do you think the price will go down to $300 in a months? I do not think so.
chokesir

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 02:08:39 PM

3 month before it can go to 1000 dollars hmm... I think it is possible to reach it we just need to hope that bitcoin continues increasing this couple of months so that we can reach it. Also we need to look after halving what the price will be for bitcoin.

bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 02:16:36 PM

3 month before it can go to 1000 dollars hmm... I think it is possible to reach it we just need to hope that bitcoin continues increasing this couple of months so that we can reach it. Also we need to look after halving what the price will be for bitcoin.

I think it's possible as well. We're barely starting the new year and bitcoin has been going up in value already. If it keeps up we might be able to hit very close to $1000 some time soon.
hawkins

Activity: 1204

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 02:42:50 PM

yes it may be true, try to look at the chart earlier this month bitcoin, it's amazing, it makes users more eager to gather bitcoin bitcoin, I guess in the mid 2016's will make bitcoin price becomes $ 1,000  Grin
phreaky

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 02:43:09 PM

I am hoping that you are right.
I would be glad to see a 1000 dollar in 1q of this year.
If not I am hoping for a 550 this 1q.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:16:50 PM

Finally someone is not saying that bitcoin it can go to 1000 dollars in one month.
Well we can tell that bitcoin is trying to go up.
I think we can reach it, but it will be difficult to do that.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:28:34 PM

I heard Erik Voorhees talking a bit about the blocksize in a recent video. He stated that when the size is increased there will be a huge bull run because of that. I also think it will impact the price, but I am not sure if it is enough to unleash the bulls.
JavaLove

Activity: 434

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 11:32:48 PM

Absolutely not. While we cannot predict future prices perfect enough to say it's impossible it is probably as close to impossible (right on the edge of improbable) as you can get.

That being said, it'd be really nice but it can't happen. If you look at previous trends, and how Bitcoin has been faring for the past few months, I'd say it is doing very well. So far, in 2016, we've seen a $20 leap in the first business week of the year. That's obviously caused by a number of factors but it proves that Bitcoin is still very much relevant and still on the rise.

I predict Bitcoin will be hitting $1000 very soon. Probably, at the latest, Q2 2017. But definitely not Q1 2016. Again, a $20 leap is a nice start and we will continually see good advancements, a sudden and major jump all the way to $1000 has no chance of happening.

▄▄  ▄▄                 
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄             
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀         
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██   
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███