Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:46:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: need help with api  (Read 1620 times)
lahm-44 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:06:58 PM

hey guys i am here stuck with api problem i want to fetch bitcoin wallet balance using api but i am new to some languages like json and nodejs m totally noob in them so it will be very helpful if anyone can give me a full example with codes blockchain api will be good and also i am looking for youtube api video fetching too(optionally) . any help will be apriciated

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheBitcoinMiner

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:23:40 PM

What is the api?
lahm-44 (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:27:19 PM

What is the api?

api is a peace of code by which we can get some needful data from others wapsite like youtube videos or bitcoin address balance these type of things are shared using api codes which are generally used by programmers and developers in our wapsites or apps
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:43:37 AM

hey guys i am here stuck with api problem i want to fetch bitcoin wallet balance using api but i am new to some languages like json and nodejs m totally noob in them so it will be very helpful if anyone can give me a full example with codes blockchain api will be good and also i am looking for youtube api video fetching too(optionally) . any help will be apriciated
Here ya go mister.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2__AFoOdec

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
lahm-44 (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 08:41:10 AM

Here ya go mister.

thanks for the link sir but i have already seen this and some other video tutorial from youtube i did a lot of work on them and got able to get an {"error":"Unknown method"} . i will be glad if someone can help me with the codes.i mean give me the codes
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 01:41:03 PM

Here ya go mister.

thanks for the link sir but i have already seen this and some other video tutorial from youtube i did a lot of work on them and got able to get an {"error":"Unknown method"} . i will be glad if someone can help me with the codes.i mean give me the codes

Sounds like you didn't retrieve the JSON response as JSON.
Can you share some of the code you've tried? Otherwise it's difficult for us to help you.

lahm-44 (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 06:09:34 PM

Here ya go mister.

Can you share some of the code you've tried? Otherwise it's difficult for us to help you.
Code:
 <?php

$guid 
"";
$main_password "";

$bal json_decode(file_get_contents("https://blockchain.info/merchant/$guid/balance?
password=
$main_password"), true);

$parseaddy $bal[balance];

echo 
"Your Address Has a balance of";

echo 
$parseaddy;

echo 
"satoshi<br>";

echo 
"<br>Kindly Use it to Fund your Account";

?>

well i dont even know that i am doing it correctly or not but here is the code check it and tell me where i am doing the mistake
coinableS
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 08:20:42 PM

Here ya go mister.

Code:
 <?php

$guid 
"";
$main_password "";

$bal json_decode(file_get_contents("https://blockchain.info/merchant/$guid/balance?
password=
$main_password"), true);

$parseaddy $bal[balance];

echo 
"Your Address Has a balance of";

echo 
$parseaddy;

echo 
"satoshi<br>";

echo 
"<br>Kindly Use it to Fund your Account";

?>

well i dont even know that i am doing it correctly or not but here is the code check it and tell me where i am doing the mistake
You're missing your quotes

$parseaddy = $bal["balance"];

lahm-44 (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 08:32:25 PM

sorry while posying it here i mistakenly removed it...but its still not working
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 08:49:17 PM

i guess he meant which api you want to retrieve. the official bitcoin api or do you use the api of some third party service like coinbase or blockchain.com?

What is the api?

coinableS
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 08:51:18 PM

What error are you receiving?
Or is it just a blank white  page?
Make sure you have enabled api access AND white listed your Web servers IP

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 08:53:06 PM

What error do you get while fetching the API? Have you made sure that your GUID is in the correct format, and that your password is url encoded (if it contains any special characters in the URL)?
lahm-44 (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:51:34 AM

What error are you receiving?
Or is it just a blank white  page?
Make sure you have enabled api access AND white listed your Web servers IP
well maybe i should try to again white listing my ip address
What error do you get while fetching the API? Have you made sure that your GUID is in the correct format, and that your password is url encoded (if it contains any special characters in the URL)?
no my guid is copyed from the blockchain wallet login page so i hardly expect any mistake in that and i also dnt think my password is worng
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 06:02:08 AM

Have you enabled API Access in your settings on Blockchain? The API seems to be working for me.

Have you tried braces around $guid  {$guid}?

Are you getting an error message? Have you tried calling the URL with your credentials in a browser?
lahm-44 (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 07:15:59 AM

Have you enabled API Access in your settings on Blockchain? The API seems to be working for me.

Have you tried braces around $guid  {$guid}?

Are you getting an error message? Have you tried calling the URL with your credentials in a browser?
bing! when i changed my hosting account and accessed ip then it did worked Cheesy i am now sooo excited . thank you everyone for all your help i am very glad that i asked here it is the right place for my answers Cheesy again a very big thank you too all the dev and coders
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: