Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:45:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best mining equiptment for the money not having to pay for power  (Read 871 times)
TuLines (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 08:18:26 PM

I found an office that does not charge for power, so I've rented it out for the intention to run a small mining farm.

I am thinking I can buy cheaper older hardware that uses more power, but I can still make a profit.... What mining equipment is out there that can be purchased today to turn a profit?

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:26:56 PM

Best value for money will be either S3 or S5 based. You just need to do the maths and take account of the space, power and noise of the chosen installation.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:34:57 PM

Best value for money will be either S3 or S5 based. You just need to do the maths and take account of the space, power and noise of the chosen installation.

Rich

If it's not in a room you use or have extra room's S5 is not bad.  But it runs hot and loud so not bedroom/living room material.

S3 can go much quieter.  If you truly have "free" power I would be comparing older machines.  I think I would compare A1 machines as they are powerfull but use a lot of electricity. But if you don't care on usage... might be a option.  S3 would be the more popular choice and hold value better then the A1.
TuLines (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 09:38:57 PM

Great, Thanks for your help! I think I'll shoot for the S5's then.

Head's to eBay
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:50:10 PM

Great, Thanks for your help! I think I'll shoot for the S5's then.

Head's to eBay

It's not a bad option.  I would do some ROI math first though.  As free electricity S3 might get you more power for your buck.  Or A1's like I mentioned.

S5 is still not bad of efficiency so you will pay more then older tech.  But with free electricity sometimes it's not needed on new tech.
TuLines (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 09:54:14 PM

I'm trying to find A1's on ebay, and I'm not able to find any... Are they BitMain or made by another company? Yeah, You're right, I am looking for a bigger bang for my buck, but also if it's using more power then I will need to buy more PSU's, so i'd need to calculate that too.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:22:08 PM

I'm trying to find A1's on ebay, and I'm not able to find any... Are they BitMain or made by another company? Yeah, You're right, I am looking for a bigger bang for my buck, but also if it's using more power then I will need to buy more PSU's, so i'd need to calculate that too.

There is a BUNCH of companies that made them.  A1 is the chip that they used.  The most popular was lketc Dragon 1T's.  But I would do some math between that and S3 see which is best.  The S3 will hold value better. 

But I'm not sure on current market I have a feeling one of those two will be cheapest per GH and still viable miner.
alpher

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:18:37 AM

If you don't care about power use, nothing, I mean NOTHING beats an used Terraminer.
They're cheap, don't need the PSU, and easy to setup.
The only issue with them is the noise.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 07:32:15 AM

i dunno if you noticed but the last diff jump, was pretty crazy, this will make every miners useless practically even with free electricity, the roi would be ridiculous hard to achieve

so at this point any miners can do it, just sell it fast to reach roi faster
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 07:57:41 AM

You actually can't do this.

A buddy of mine found a few buildings which have some offices which had some vacant rooms which were like $100/month.

They included power, heat, lighting, AC, etc. However when asked about how much power they can supply they said you can't just put miners in there which will end up costing more money in electricity then they will make profit from rent.

If you are going to be there 8 hours a day working, then you can probably hide them somewhere but leaving them unattended with all the noise, will bring up suspicion.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:44:45 PM

You actually can't do this.

A buddy of mine found a few buildings which have some offices which had some vacant rooms which were like $100/month.

They included power, heat, lighting, AC, etc. However when asked about how much power they can supply they said you can't just put miners in there which will end up costing more money in electricity then they will make profit from rent.

If you are going to be there 8 hours a day working, then you can probably hide them somewhere but leaving them unattended with all the noise, will bring up suspicion.

Not all charge more for electricity though.  They figure you will have a few comuters, maybe tv/projector.  And heating/cooling and lights.  They don't expect thousands of watts of gear to show up.   So a lot of leases it's ok to do if they were lucky, but chances are the lease also gives owner a way to kick you out pretty easy... which miners would cause.

Also most offices are not set up for a ton of miners.  The wiring and breakers and such just are not designed for a large amount of electricity I don't think.
hazenyc

Activity: 668
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 07:29:08 PM

If you have truly *free* electricity then running *anything* will be profitable.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 01:09:43 AM

If you have truly *free* electricity then running *anything* will be profitable.

But some are dumb to run think of like BFL minirig.... would be horrible choice.    A1 is not so bad as power to hashrate is not horrible.    I would go A1 old machine or S3 depending on price if I had "free" electricity.

Most with "free" have a limited power amount.  So if they use a little more efficient they might be able to put more gear in and higher hash rate.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: