Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:31:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FACTS] Context - An Outsiders View  (Read 2799 times)
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 02:03:46 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2015, 07:11:16 PM by TPTB_need_war

I think that adoption is largely faked.
Average guys on the play store who run across that app would have no clue what it its or bother with it.
I think any feedback on it would be highly manipulated by crypto nerds.
as a deceitful trap of course.

by the way what stores can you buy something directly with on that app ?
and no i don't want to hear anything about those services like Snapcard for altcoins LOL

Sometimes its better to man up and admit a legit progress instead of blindly assuming things for your own benefit. On oct 24 i remember it was #2 in the US App Store when searching for Telegram and growth has been organic. People are actually familiar with it cus its an instant messenger combined with crypto technology, it has a reward value model inetresting enough encouraging activity and inviting friends. Tokens have already a usecase where u can buy giftcards in app, but the real usecase will be the attention economy where users get to paid directly for ads instead of the gatekeepers like fb or google. Tokens are for gamification and growing the network and will be mainly used inside the app by 100+k users in the near future.  Just look at it https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.getgemsmessenger.app&hl=en even a teen understand it, the incentive and on boarding process is easier than any other coin because the app has much less friction and is not aimed towards crypto nerds. But i forgot this is bct.

Yes appears GetGems is attempting to do what I had proposed to do, but they are going about it in a different way than my marketing plan. They are trying to scale up from instant message to wide spread token usage. So far they are kicking my butt, because they have a product released and are gaining adoption and all I have is words.

Yet still I think I will beat them easily primarily because I think their scaling strategy is slower and flawed. We will soon see...

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 05:53:11 PM

gimme a break.. man up ?

this is BCT ?

ya no shit..

You guys are fucking delusional.

I expect nothing different than the same old idiocy..
i also asked what store directly takes getgems or gems or what ever the fuck it's called.
you dodged me and went on parade proclaiming you ranked high for a keyword on the play store.

you have no one to blame but yourself for jumping on my topic and spouting off about
how gems is different than all the other guys.. because you have an Android APP
that is ranked on the Google play store when searching for a weird ass obscure keyword.
What was it telegram ?
Ya i'm sure the masses are all over that ROFL

Keep trying guys.

Why do i waste my time ?
Not for the idiots who are blind.. but the new guys who be suckered in by the shenanigans.

You forgot to mention the contest didn't you buddy ?
Think i forgot ? Wink

Your fake adoption is a joke.
And yup.. you still fail to see the Context.

But i forgot this is bct.

Oh you said that so i guess you didn't forget WHERE YOU ARE LOL

New guys look at the track record of what goes on around the altcoin scene.
Why would some so called "coin" #7,001 be any different ?
Anon features ? and Android Wallet ? What ?

Don't be low hanging fruit and fall for these con men.
They are here pushing their "coin" for one reason.. $$$

FUD first & ask questions later™
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:09:39 PM

Spoetnik, I haven't been following GetGems closely. Could you please educate me on the claim that the adoption is fake? I need solid arguments and if possible irrefutable evidence of such claims. I don't have free time to go digging searching for forums posts which have detailed such allegations. Can you summarize and point me to relevant posts?

BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:45:23 PM

Spoetnik show evidence its fake or stfu.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 08:01:43 PM

I don't have to..

This is my topic and it's about Context.. not GetGems Android App and it's grandiose claims.
Further more i already dealt with you on the GetGems topic you are scared to bump ROFL

Feel free to discuss the topic.. or -YOU- shut the fuck up hahahha

BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 08:17:40 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2015, 08:31:57 PM by BitcoiNaked

I don't have to..

hahaha ur full of shit, gg has currently the fastest adoption rate of all alts..deal with it.
hughbt

Activity: 613
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 09:09:05 PM

You have some valid points. If someone thinks that those scamcoins will become the #1, widely used and accepted currency - they are delusional. It's all about p&d. But it doesn't mean that altcoin scene is a worthless shithole. A lot of valuable improvements and new technologies were developed here. Maybe few of those coins will find their niche.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 01:17:46 AM

You have some valid points. If someone thinks that those scamcoins will become the #1, widely used and accepted currency - they are delusional. It's all about p&d. But it doesn't mean that altcoin scene is a worthless shithole. A lot of valuable improvements and new technologies were developed here. Maybe few of those coins will find their niche.

it is a worthless shithole and you all know it.

niche ?
like what ?
Marijuana Coins ?
Anon gimmick coins ?
Country Coins ?

who is claiming they will find a "niche" ?

sorry but niche crypto-currency ?  Roll Eyes

It's real simple.. If it's not used as a currency then it's not a currency /the end.

How many victims you lure into a Ponzi scheme does not make it a successful currency LOL

hughbt

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 09:40:44 AM

It's real simple.. If it's not used as a currency then it's not a currency /the end.

Yuuup, but firstly You should learn how to read understandingly. Who is claiming it has to be used as a means of payment(I believe that's what you meant)?

How many victims you lure into a Ponzi scheme does not make it a successful currency LOL

What do you think about central bank fiat ponzi schemes and what the term "successful currency" means? I recommend you to learn about the distinction between currency and money. Maybe then you'll send me a reply which actually makes sense.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:10:57 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2015, 04:23:27 PM by Spoetnik

Yuuup, but firstly You should learn how to read understandingly. Who is claiming it has to be used as a means of payment(I believe that's what you meant)?

What do you think about central bank fiat ponzi schemes and what the term "successful currency" means? I recommend you to learn about the distinction between currency and money. Maybe then you'll send me a reply which actually makes sense.

That is a crock of shit !

Currency / money is interchangable to the real world.
If you asked anyone on Earth what the difference is they would stare at you for a while then shrug their shoulders.
So nice try, trying to lure me into a little game of bickering about semantics.
AKA: Tunnel vision.
AKA: Avoid the topic "context"
You want to play a game of words with me ?
What do think i meant by context ?
I'll save you the trouble of guessing Wink
..the bigger picture here in the global altcoin scene / communities.

a shitty little android app for some unused shitcoin does nothing to alter the context of Altcoins.

hughbt

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:07:08 PM

If you asked anyone on Earth what the difference is they woudl stare at you for a while then shrug their shoulders.

That's the answer for your question about context of altcoins(ok, maybe not altcoins but cryptos in general). I have mine context, you have yours. And there is no need to be nasty. I'm using it to earn some money. Someone else is using it as a source for new technology, some use it to scam people and others are falling for it. I can create an app or start my own coin and that's great. I have a freedom of choice and I don't care what people are thinking about it. To sum up, there is a lot of groups of people here and outside, but - as you admitted - most of them(including you Sad ) doesn't even know they already are a part of worldwide ponzi-scheme(sic!). That's the tunnel vision. Do you even know what's the inflation rate in your country, or who has the power to issue money?
However, I understand your point of view, but as I said before there is no need to be nasty because no one will take it seriously.

That's basically all I wanted to say, take care.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:22:13 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2015, 04:24:33 PM by Spoetnik

I don't care who takes me seriously *around here.
You people have dog shit for opinions.

You just finished trying to shoe horn in a debate on what constitutes a currency.
I seen your game a mile away.

You seen what i said and the only retort you could up with
was a half ass stab at redefining what currency means.

FAIL.

It's cute you think everyone here is too stupid to see it too.

Why do you think Crypto died off ?
People come and see dumb shit roll out of bag holders mouths.. then leave.

hughbt

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:56:20 PM

I'm not redefining or trying to avoid anything. Just take a book(not wiki, that's for lazy ass people) and learn by yourself. You want me to give you a lecture? Are you 15? Give me some legit arguments and prove that you know what you're talking about and I'm not. What constitues a currency? Why the altcoins are not currencies? You have to know what the currency is to answer those questions. I'm saying one thing and you are the other, not related to what I said. I asked you few simple questions about the economy and you were unable to answer.  Undecided Sorry, it seems like you can spot a little dog shit in your backyard but you can't spot that your whole face is covered in it too.  Undecided

Besides - if you don't care if someone takes you seriously, why are you posting here? Another example of your flawed logic.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:15:35 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2015, 04:26:27 PM by Spoetnik

There is no flaw in any of my logic.
Feel free to point it out specifically though.
You are playing games with me .. and not winning.

People if you want to do the Altcoin thing fine.
if you want to try and make money.. fine.

I have only ever asked you all to please consider the bigger picture.
Will our actions be good for Crypto ?
Does my supporting a shit-coin when no one is looking do harm overall ?

And my long running theme is recognizing and accepting HOW THINGS ARE.
And if after that people want to get involved etc then go for it.
At least then i feel better people have the info to make an informed decision.

That has been my stance for my entire time since i started doing this stuff.

It's not about Altcoins can't amount to anything ever.. it's just that it's highly unlikely. (with the coins we got now)
Many guys come here still to see if the Bitcoin killer has been posted..
So far.. NO.
But there is sure a lot of deceitful, game playing, Trolling, brat, bag-holders trying to make it seem like Monero etc is.

This whole "one day" routine is a crock of shit too.
You want to make money in altcoins now then go ahead..
but don't expect us all to be fooled by anon features or android wallets or other misc gimmick / antics etc..

What "IS" will not be debated.. it's there in front of your nose.
So all you guys here have left is .."one day"
So i have said WHY then ?
And i have gotten no good answer WHY a huge crowd is going to come running to Altcoins. *Again.

So newer users should be given a fair and honest take on the context on things.
Free of bag holder propaganda who just want your money.

The truth is what sets Crypto free guys.
THAT is what will improve the situation.
It continues to drown for a reason.

Like a 12 step crypto-rehab program.. the first step here is admitting there is a problem (that needs to be fixed)
THEN and ONLY then will we *maybe see a huge crowd coming .. way later.
It's all rooted in one simple thing.. Honesty + Reality.

So no buddy redefining what currency means will not change the context on this stuff sorry LOL

hughbt

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:17:44 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2015, 04:30:30 PM by hughbt

...and go learn about the average lifetime of national currencies, Bretton Woods etc. There was no currency in the history, which would hold it's value with the passing time(that's why it's called currency). So the cryptos are no exception at the moment. We are in the ponzi scheme anyway, so there is no need to whine and complain about the alts. Alts are working like a laboratory for cryptocurrencies, so they are doing their job.

This basically should end the discussion here.

And i have gotten no good answer WHY a huge crowd is going to come running to Altcoins.

And I agreed, that there is a lot of pumping, hyping, scamming etc. And it does a harm. There will be no huge crowd, but there are few alts with interesting techs which could find their use in the real life(not as money). As you can see scams etc. it's not only the problem of alts. People are scamming, govts are scamming. If you look at alts as a big research lab,  they are doing their job well.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:33:11 PM

...and go learn about the average lifetime of national currencies, Bretton Woods etc. There was no currency in the history, which would hold it's value with the passing time. So the cryptos are no exception at the moment. We are in the ponzi scheme anyway, so there is no need to whine and complain about the alts. Alts are working like a laboratory for cryptocurrencies, so they are doing their job.

This basically should end the discussion here.

And i have gotten no good answer WHY a huge crowd is going to come running to Altcoins.

And I agreed, that there is a lot of pumping, hyping, scamming etc. And it does a harm. There will be no huge crowd, but there are few alts with interesting techs which could find their use in the real life(not as money). As you can see scams etc. it's not only the problem of alts. People are scamming, govts are scamming. If you look at alts as a big research lab,  they are doing their job well.

Notice how every previous "coins" were pumped and dumped & left for dead ?
These guys simply ignore the history / context and push on with another "coin"
And over time they have juggled buzz-words..
When IPO became the go to word i bashed it.. they all switched to ICO ..i bashed it.
They switched to Angel investing.. i bashed it.. they Switched to crowd funding.. i bashed it.
They seen me mocking them for using the word "coin" when i called them ponzi-tokens.
look around today's new gimmicky catch phrase is "block-chains"

They bob & weave and push scams.. they my keep changing their promises of the future.
But, one thing that does not change is the inevitable outcome.
Ponzi token #7,002 and a hyped up pumped & dumped left for dead shit coin / token.
Nothing ever changes !

So go ahead boys & girls feel free to tell everyone around the world why "THIS TIME" it's different.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 04:46:34 PM

They bob & weave and push scams.. they my keep changing their promises of the future.
But, one thing that does not change is the inevitable outcome.
Ponzi token #7,002 and a hyped up pumped & dumped left for dead shit coin / token.
Nothing ever changes !

So go ahead boys & girls feel free to tell everyone around the world why "THIS TIME" it's different.

Does your inevitable dying prevent you from accomplishing anything? Just as every fiat currency dies, so will every cryptocurrency. The question is "does the coin do what it says it can do?" Just pointing at them all and saying "scam" is the equivalent of me pointing to every person i see and saying "pointless."

We judge things on what they set out to do, not on the eventuality of their demise. So if a coin sets out to fill a niche and does it, I would have a hard time calling it a scam. While a coin that simply claims to fill a niche without actually filling it is what most would call a scam.

Any problems with that definition of a scam versus a legitimate project?

hughbt

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:47:34 PM

Those IPO's and ICO's are ridiculous. Cheesy Do you hold any altcoins, you think there are any worth buying/following? I'm just curious.
onemorexmr

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:50:41 PM

well i am interested if someone does... so i created a poll https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1289193.new#new

i tried to ask the question non biased. if you want it rephrased just tell me...

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:55:55 PM

well i am interested if someone does... so i created a poll https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1289193.new#new

i tried to ask the question non biased. if you want it rephrased just tell me...

You could have just bumped one of the many polls on me that already exist (or topics)

Guys if i see "it" others out there will too..
They will come here and see what i see.
So Spoetnik is not the problem.. YOU guys are !

I run my mouth to get you guys thinking.. not of a better ponzi
but of dealing with the outside worlds view on this stuff.
The world really couldn't care less if you all want to circle jerk each other with ponzi delusion fantasies.
They simply ignore us and keep their Fiat in their wallets.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: