Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:39:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need info about faucets  (Read 556 times)
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:34:39 AM

Hey all!

I'd like to know how most faucet owners get people on their faucets?
Is it by adding their faucet on different rotators? Advertising it on different websites which are bitcoin related?

Thanks in advance!
a7mos

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:37:53 AM

I do not own a faucet but I think most their traffic come from referrals and faucets list sites and writing about the faucet in btc forums
Of course the high reward is an important element to attract visitors
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:41:02 AM

Adding faucet to rotator is easy to get massive traffic but i will be loss for the owner. Rotators traffic doesn't interact with your faucet ads so better spend some money and advertise through bitcoin ad networks.
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:49:32 AM

I do not own a faucet but I think most their traffic come from referrals and faucets list sites and writing about the faucet in btc forums
Of course the high reward is an important element to attract visitors
Thanks for the input, appreciate it.
Regarding "high rewards", that's a catchy one.

Adding faucet to rotator is easy to get massive traffic but i will be loss for the owner. Rotators traffic doesn't interact with your faucet ads so better spend some money and advertise through bitcoin ad networks.
Thanks!
HardForkComing

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:05:36 PM

Rotators are bad for you, because you'll be losing ad revenue, but you'll still get views. I think the best thing to get more people is to give 50%+ ref commission, which will make people promote your faucet like mad.

I also believe that you need to make a nice platform, not one of these shared scripts.
If you manage to make something "new", then for sure, you would be able to get a lot of people on your platform Smiley
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:37:36 PM

Rotators are bad for you, because you'll be losing ad revenue, but you'll still get views. I think the best thing to get more people is to give 50%+ ref commission, which will make people promote your faucet like mad.

I also believe that you need to make a nice platform, not one of these shared scripts.
If you manage to make something "new", then for sure, you would be able to get a lot of people on your platform Smiley
Hey, thanks for the info Smiley
I believe I can make something unique, I'm an experienced web developer. Been working with web based apps for way too long.
ONLYfree
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 05:29:54 PM

Hey all!

I'd like to know how most faucet owners get people on their faucets?
Is it by adding their faucet on different rotators? Advertising it on different websites which are bitcoin related?

Thanks in advance!

Rewards and Referral system

Post here your faucet and thats all what you need. All other work will do publishers.

-2: -1 / +0
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!
lottoitaliano
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 08:20:38 PM

The ref system is the best way. I have see faucet with good rewards and 50-100% ref and  people for have ref buy a campaign to adbits and more similar advertising site in bitcoin
pickupcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1203

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 10:51:32 PM

i agree that rotators is not good for faucet owners. just losing money with him, percent per ads click is very low
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 10:53:09 PM

You should just post a thread about your faucet in micro earnings and people will(gradually) go to your site and have a look etc.
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 10:56:36 PM

They key is the advertisement, and then it is good design of the faucet and the high reward of the faucet.
KnightTrader

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:43:40 AM

If use micropayment service which have list of faucets, it already gives nice amount of traffic without doing any promotion. Especially FaucetBox, but also Paytoshi. I dont know about ePay, how to get on their list. Their public api is brand new.
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 10:43:02 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 11:48:55 AM by mexicantarget

I am talking about a 100% made from scratch faucet Smiley I've been working on something for a few weeks.
It doesn't involve other centralized faucet wallets. It will be hosted on my servers, and payouts will be instant. I'm just doing a sh*tload of research on what's the best way to advertise the faucet.

What about payout times? Are 60 minutes okay for payouts?
HardForkComing

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:01:39 PM

I am talking about a 100% made from scratch faucet Smiley I've been working on something for a few weeks.
It doesn't involve other centralized faucet wallets. It will be hosted on my servers, and payouts will be instant. I'm just doing a sh*tload of research on what's the best way to advertise the faucet.

That seems like the "standard" payout time most faucets use iirc.

Any preview? Cheesy
I saw the mod you posted somewhere like a week ago, for BCT forum, seems you're an experienced web dev.

It will be hosted on my servers, and payouts will be instant. I'm just doing a sh*tload of research on what's the best way to advertise the faucet.
Like most people said, a good referral system is the best thing you can do in order to attract more people on your website.
extrabyte
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:03:01 PM

Pretty good, nobody is in rush for few hundred satoshis, some faucets pay weekly like freebitcoin which pays every Sunday.
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:10:24 PM

Pretty good, nobody is in rush for few hundred satoshis, some faucets pay weekly like freebitcoin which pays every Sunday.
How about smaller time frames, like 10 minutes, but smaller payouts? Would users like that?
I've never went deep into faucet "business" nor I've checked more than 3 of them since I got involved with bitcoin.
extrabyte
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:12:33 PM

How about smaller time frames, like 10 minutes, but smaller payouts? Would users like that?
I've never went deep into faucet "business" nor I've checked more than 3 of them since I got involved with bitcoin.
They will not refuse it even like every 10 minutes, i would suggest you to check more faucets and see the differences between them.
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:15:52 PM

They will not refuse it even like every 10 minutes, i would suggest you to check more faucets and see the differences between them.
Going to do that right now, thanks bud, appreciate it.
extrabyte
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:26:44 PM

Going to do that right now, thanks bud, appreciate it.
You're welcome don't worry, researching the websites that are competitive gives you extra information to improve your faucet so good luck and let us know the result.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: