Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:37:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How much do you think Satoshi likes: Google Earth?
Awesome - 10 in 10 - 5 (41.7%)
Can become great - 8 in 10 - 1 (8.3%)
Just normal - 6 in 10 - 4 (33.3%)
It is not a good thing - 4 in 10 - 0 (0%)
Better to avoid - 2 in 10 - 2 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Polls of what we think Satoshi likes and dislikes  (Read 1014 times)
remotemass (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1117
Merit: 1016

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 11:44:02 PM

How much do you think Satoshi likes: Google Earth?

Let's post poll questions like these and see the results.
This may tell us more about the members of this forum than of Satoshi.
But let's do it, for the sake of it. Maybe Satoshi will laugh at the results and will ultimately help us figure it out better.

To start with let's ask from 1 to 10, how much Satoshi likes and/or would rank Google Earth as a great technology.

Please add your comments and make your own polls with other questions like this.

{ Imagine a sequence of bits generated from the first decimal place of the square roots of whole integers that are irrational numbers. If the decimal falls between 0 and 5, it's considered bit 0, and if it falls between 5 and 10, it's considered bit 1. This sequence from a simple integer count of contiguous irrationals and their logical decimal expansion of the first decimal place is called the 'main irrational stream.' Our goal is to design a physical and optical computing system system that can detect when this stream starts matching a specific pattern of a given size of bits. bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166760.0 } Satoshi did use a friend class in C++ and put a comment on the code saying: "This is why people hate C++".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 12:40:24 AM

I have a theory about why Satoshi disappeared.

It coincidentelly ties in with the following list of Things Satoshi Probably Dislikes.

Things Satoshi Probably dislikes:
- being worshipped like a god
- idiotic fanboyism
- stalkers
Fcx35x10

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 10:10:31 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2012, 10:45:42 PM by Fcx35x10

AWSOME-O kidnapped him..
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 03:11:19 AM

With all the experts around here at tracking people's real identities down, I find it interesting no one ever found out who he is or what happened to him. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 03:27:29 AM

With all the experts around here at tracking people's real identities down, I find it interesting no one ever found out who he is or what happened to him. 

If someone knew who he was, do you think they would go around telling everybody?

Nolo

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 03:30:05 AM

If someone knew who he was, do you think they would go around telling everybody?

Why not? 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 07:39:09 PM

Why not? 

Only a very non-empathic person would do that like say a lawyer or something. The guy stopped appearing under his alias for a reason. I've outlined the very probably reasons above.
Nolo

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 07:48:36 PM

Why not?  

Only a very non-empathic person would do that like say a lawyer or something. The guy stopped appearing under his alias for a reason. I've outlined the very probably reasons above.

No, I'm not an empath.  You're correct about that.  I am quite empathetic however.  My interest is that maybe he didn't voluntarily choose to disappear, as there is (to my knowledge) no indication that he did.  Perhaps he died is basically what I'm getting at.  

I really didn't mean to come across as callous.  If he chose to disappear, then obviously his privacy and wish should be respected. 

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 07:57:15 PM

My interest is that maybe he didn't voluntarily choose to disappear, as there is (to my knowledge) no indication that he did.  Perhaps he died is basically what I'm getting at.  

The devs have never even hinted that the circumstances of his disappearance or unknown or that he suddenly went MIA with no explanation, so I'm inclined to believe that he made them aware that he was going to drop off the radar.  His second last post made it clear that he wasn't happy about people trying to create a link between Bitcoin and Wikileaks because he thought that it would attract the wrong kind of attention to Bitcoin.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 07:59:08 PM

Why not?  

No, I'm not an empath.  You're correct about that.  I am quite empathetic however.  My interest is that maybe he didn't voluntarily choose to disappear, as there is (to my knowledge) no indication that he did.  Perhaps he died is basically what I'm getting at.  

I really didn't mean to come across as callous.  If he chose to disappear, then obviously his privacy and wish should be respected. 
He did choose to disappear.  I believe he worked with theymos on achieving it.  The only one here who I know of who might know his true identity is theymos...  but I wasn't around while he was here either, only a few months after the fact.
Nolo

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 08:02:41 PM

Why not?  

He did choose to disappear.  I believe he worked with theymos on achieving it.  The only one here who I know of who might know his true identity is theymos...  but I wasn't around while he was here either, only a few months after the fact.

Ah, clearly I was ignorant to that fact when I made my original post "Why not?"  In that case, obviously no one should reveal his identity.  Thanks for letting me know. 

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 08:17:37 PM

Why not?  

Ah, clearly I was ignorant to that fact when I made my original post "Why not?"  In that case, obviously no one should reveal his identity.  Thanks for letting me know. 
I think out of respect for the man and what he accomplished if nothing else.

Or, you could subscribe to the theory that satoshi is actually an organization of some sort.

I do make the guess that he is at least from the US, based on the times of his postings.  He would have had to have been awake at very unreasonable hours of the day if he was based in Japan.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: